Game Day: Grizzlies (17-18) @ Suns (25-12), Mon 3/15/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Game Day: Grizzlies (17-18) @ Suns (25-12), Mon 3/15/21

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:35 pm
Yeah I don't know why they wouldn't show the replay. It is a review of an interesting development and possibly exciting play in the game.
It has definitely gotten worse over the years. I wonder how many people are working the broadcast behind the scenes compared to years past. It is all live, and hectic, and moving very fast. They might not have enough folks in the truck to keep up.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:27 pm
Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:36 am
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:40 pm
Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:22 pm
Once you get Covid you are pretty much immune and can’t spread it for at least 8 months minimum I believe. I had it and now I feel a lot more comfortable going out in public knowing I most likely can’t get it or spread it. Nothing is for certain. There are many strains now and nobody knows for sure how long immunity lasts or if being immune to one strain makes you immune to another strain but, generally speaking I feel safer knowing I had it and recovered than if I didn’t get it and hadn’t had a vaccine. If I was a player and caught it and recovered I wouldn’t have a problem with people knowing. I would want to announce it.

“8 months minimum” is an overconfident take, a fairy tale. I’ve seen people get it 4 months later. May not be the majority (still need time to determine that), but to say something so demonstratively is dangerous.
I didn’t just make it up.

For those who recover from COVID-19, immunity to the virus can last at least 8 months and maybe longer, research shows. Immunity can occur naturally after developing COVID-19 or from getting the COVID-19 vaccination.Feb 24, 2021

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... at-we-know

The immune systems of more than 95% of people who recovered from COVID-19 had durable memories of the virus up to eight months after infection.
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-res ... y-covid-19

“It looks as though you have immunity for at least nine months,” Dr. Schaffner said.
https://www.abc10.com/article/news/veri ... 59f922bf66
However, 95% of the people had at least 3 out of 5 immune-system components that could recognize SARS-CoV-2 up to 8 months after infection.

“Up to 8 months” and “8 months minimum” are two very different statements. I think you misunderstood, I don’t think your intentions are wrong and I do think this is promising but a study of 200 patients is hardly enough to demonstratively say “Once you get Covid you are pretty much immune and can’t spread it for at least 8 months minimum I believe.”
I didn’t misunderstand anything. Your point was that I was an dangerous idiot for saying 8 months. I just posted some articles from reputable places saying maybe I’m not an idiot for saying that. Some experts say more than 8 months. Some say less. Obviously nobody on planet earth really knows for sure how long or how much immunity you get from getting Covid or which strains etc. i mostly take exception to you basically calling me an idiot. You did the same thing when I said I was interested in seeing how Kaminsky operated with the starters on offense when he got the starting nod. You said he’s there for his defense only and not for offense and called me out on it. Then Kaminsky went on an offensive tear and the Suns went on a winning streak.

I’m not really arguing on whether you and I are right or wrong. I am pointing out that your insults were successful.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:48 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Nodack wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Once you get Covid you are pretty much immune and can’t spread it for at least 8 months minimum I believe. I had it and now I feel a lot more comfortable going out in public knowing I most likely can’t get it or spread it. Nothing is for certain. There are many strains now and nobody knows for sure how long immunity lasts or if being immune to one strain makes you immune to another strain but, generally speaking I feel safer knowing I had it and recovered than if I didn’t get it and hadn’t had a vaccine. If I was a player and caught it and recovered I wouldn’t have a problem with people knowing. I would want to announce it.

“8 months minimum” is an overconfident take, a fairy tale. I’ve seen people get it 4 months later. May not be the majority (still need time to determine that), but to say something so demonstratively is dangerous.

For those who recover from COVID-19, immunity to the virus can last at least 8 months and maybe longer, research shows. Immunity can occur naturally after developing COVID-19 or from getting the COVID-19 vaccination.Feb 24, 2021

The immune systems of more than 95% of people who recovered from COVID-19 had durable memories of the virus up to eight months after infection.

“It looks as though you have immunity for at least nine months,” Dr. Schaffner said.
However, 95% of the people had at least 3 out of 5 immune-system components that could recognize SARS-CoV-2 up to 8 months after infection.

“Up to 8 months” and “8 months minimum” are two very different statements. I think you misunderstood, I don’t think your intentions are wrong and I do think this is promising but a study of 200 patients is hardly enough to demonstratively say “Once you get Covid you are pretty much immune and can’t spread it for at least 8 months minimum I believe.”
I didn’t misunderstand anything. Your point was that I was an dangerous idiot for saying 8 months. I just posted some articles from reputable places saying maybe I’m not an idiot for saying that. Some experts say more than 8 months. Some say less. Obviously nobody on planet earth really knows for sure how long or how much immunity you get from getting Covid or which strains etc. i mostly take exception to you basically calling me an idiot. You did the same thing when I said I was interested in seeing how Kaminsky operated with the starters on offense when he got the starting nod. You said he’s there for his defense only and not for offense and called me out on it. Then Kaminsky went on an offensive tear and the Suns went on a winning streak.

I’m not really arguing on whether you and I are right or wrong. I am pointing out that your insults were successful.
Saucy Karbasi back in the house?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:48 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Nodack wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Nodack wrote:

I don’t remember the Kaminsky post, and I definitely did not call you an idiot. Clearly you’re very sensitive about this topic without interest in learning the first hand reality and my discussion about it is therefore over.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Dack nobody called you any names or insulted you. Sauce said it was overconfident and dangerous to say you are immune for 8 months.

Now, the Frank post does sound like Saucey.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:35 am
Dack nobody called you any names or insulted you. Sauce said it was overconfident and dangerous to say you are immune for 8 months.

Now, the Frank post does sound like Saucey.
I have a hard time believing I said Frank was in the rotation for defense (more likely I’d say something more like why the hell is he there period) but obviously it stuck in his brain so maybe I did

Indy

Post by Indy »

Do you remember all your crazy takes during games? You seem to go through lots of highs and lows all in 2 hours. :lol:

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:10 am
Do you remember all your crazy takes during games? You seem to go through lots of highs and lows all in 2 hours. :lol:
Honestly, no LOL.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Go pick a thread where we were down in the first half and then came back to win. it is a wild ride.

pickle

Post by pickle »

That describes pretty much 80% of the game day threads.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Ok maybe not 80% since our winning % is not 80%, but I tend to avoid the losing game threads for sanity sake.

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:27 pm
Ok maybe not 80% since our winning % is not 80%, but I tend to avoid the losing game threads for sanity sake.
If I am not watching live and posting at the same time, I give it a couple days before going in there. I read them, but I am much more calm when I do.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:35 pm
pickle wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:27 pm
If I am not watching live and posting at the same time, I give it a couple days before going in there. I read them, but I am much more calm when I do.
Me too, and I usually stick to the lastest posts, where people are trying to sort through the wreckage.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I can't skip posts on this site. It will be my undoing. Or it was already my undoing. I'm not sure yet.