Game Day: Grizzlies (17-18) @ Suns (25-12), Mon 3/15/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Game Day: Grizzlies (17-18) @ Suns (25-12), Mon 3/15/21

Post by ShelC »

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Another solid win for us against a scrappy Grizz team. We started off a bit cooler on offense but finally got it going in the 2nd half. We've had that kind of flow lately, going back and forth almost feeling the other team out until we make an adjustment and/or shots start falling.

Book kept us afloat last night, taking over when we needed the push. Paul felt quiet early but played a really efficient game. Crowder was back to hitting his 3s in the start. DA with 15/9/3 - he also came on late but provided no real resistance against JV most of the night. Bridges was pretty invisible and needs to focus on cutting when teams are staying out on him.

Said it earlier but this team is largely reliant on Dario and Payne giving an extra punch. We kind of know what we're getting with Dario but Payne needs to really be a consistent threat on offense and bring the energy on defense.

I like the mixing and matching of lineups with Monty now. Seeing some Dario/DA and Dario/Frank lineups, saw 4 guards with Dario late in the game. Keeps the other teams off balance while helping keep some starters' minutes down and keeping the bench guys engaged.

The only concern now is that DA and Dario were the only real bigs we played. Frank played 11 minutes but I think some of those came at the end of of the game. We were missing Cam and Nader but they're not helping at the 4/5. If there's foul trouble or an injury, we're gonna need some a big body.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:05 am
Whoever it was asking about Tyshon, I saw him on the Suns’ bench tonight. I’m not sure if he was dressed or not though.
I did see him as a DNP on the box score, so I think that means he was dressed.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Nobody mentioned it
Seeing lots of Gallo posts from myself included but Jevon was also very efficient in his minutes. We hear the cliché stuff all the time, we have good guys and true professionals on the bench but yea full credit to them.

On another note, I miss my boy :? :(
Sigh smh lol. At least on the broadcast they said Mikal talks to him daily (obviously) #AvatarBros and he's improving
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Felt like refs were calling fouls all game based on player reactions...it’s too bad, that was a great block.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

:o Well it sure seems that way. I'm actually not surprised by the stat or assumption

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Stix could turn out to be a great 5.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:30 am
Felt like refs were calling fouls all game based on player reactions...it’s too bad, that was a great block.
That's just horrible reffing. You can't have a blocked shot any cleaner.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:51 am
Stix could turn out to be a great 5.
I'D PAY HIM $20M/YR!!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:40 pm
Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:22 pm
Once you get Covid you are pretty much immune and can’t spread it for at least 8 months minimum I believe. I had it and now I feel a lot more comfortable going out in public knowing I most likely can’t get it or spread it. Nothing is for certain. There are many strains now and nobody knows for sure how long immunity lasts or if being immune to one strain makes you immune to another strain but, generally speaking I feel safer knowing I had it and recovered than if I didn’t get it and hadn’t had a vaccine. If I was a player and caught it and recovered I wouldn’t have a problem with people knowing. I would want to announce it.

“8 months minimum” is an overconfident take, a fairy tale. I’ve seen people get it 4 months later. May not be the majority (still need time to determine that), but to say something so demonstratively is dangerous.
I didn’t just make it up.

For those who recover from COVID-19, immunity to the virus can last at least 8 months and maybe longer, research shows. Immunity can occur naturally after developing COVID-19 or from getting the COVID-19 vaccination.Feb 24, 2021

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... at-we-know

The immune systems of more than 95% of people who recovered from COVID-19 had durable memories of the virus up to eight months after infection.
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-res ... y-covid-19

“It looks as though you have immunity for at least nine months,” Dr. Schaffner said.
https://www.abc10.com/article/news/veri ... 59f922bf66

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:36 am
specialsauce wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Once you get Covid you are pretty much immune and can’t spread it for at least 8 months minimum I believe. I had it and now I feel a lot more comfortable going out in public knowing I most likely can’t get it or spread it. Nothing is for certain. There are many strains now and nobody knows for sure how long immunity lasts or if being immune to one strain makes you immune to another strain but, generally speaking I feel safer knowing I had it and recovered than if I didn’t get it and hadn’t had a vaccine. If I was a player and caught it and recovered I wouldn’t have a problem with people knowing. I would want to announce it.

“8 months minimum” is an overconfident take, a fairy tale. I’ve seen people get it 4 months later. May not be the majority (still need time to determine that), but to say something so demonstratively is dangerous.

For those who recover from COVID-19, immunity to the virus can last at least 8 months and maybe longer, research shows. Immunity can occur naturally after developing COVID-19 or from getting the COVID-19 vaccination.Feb 24, 2021

The immune systems of more than 95% of people who recovered from COVID-19 had durable memories of the virus up to eight months after infection.

“It looks as though you have immunity for at least nine months,” Dr. Schaffner said.
Hi. Stats person here. People retain resistance for some period, but there's always a chance of being re-infected. It's just probabilities. The way I'd treat this is that until we have this beat down to a very low level, behave cautiously and continue with distancing behaviors, as well as wearing a mask. Low-ish, but not zero.

One of the big risks is mutations, and the more people who get it, and the more people who get it despite resistance, the more nasty variations you're going to get. We're just getting on top of this now, but for the vaccine to be as effective as possible, we need to get this to a low enough level that we keep mutations down, and provide breathing space for researchers to keep up with adapting the vaccines to the variants we already see in the wild today.

I know it sucks, but don't throw the ball in the air with 3 seconds left on the clock. If we're good, by mid-summer we might be back to some loose approximation of normality.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That clip is hilarious!
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:36 am
specialsauce wrote:
Nodack wrote:

However, 95% of the people had at least 3 out of 5 immune-system components that could recognize SARS-CoV-2 up to 8 months after infection.

“Up to 8 months” and “8 months minimum” are two very different statements. I think you misunderstood, I don’t think your intentions are wrong and I do think this is promising but a study of 200 patients is hardly enough to demonstratively say “Once you get Covid you are pretty much immune and can’t spread it for at least 8 months minimum I believe.”

Indy

Post by Indy »

And having enough components to recognize it does not mean you have enough to fight it off without risk of infecting others.

Also, 200 people? Even though over 120,000,000 people have been infected? :shock: That is less than .0002% of the infected population.

pickle

Post by pickle »

That CP3 tech was also a little strange. Feels like the refs have become worse, or more trigger happy at least.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Also, the feed I watched was the Suns one. Does anyone else feel that our broadcast doesn't do as much replays? Several blocks-called-for-fouls, including the Stix one and a third quarter Mikal/Ja defensive sequence where they say it was a clean block didn't get any replays whatsoever.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:34 pm
Also, the feed I watched was the Suns one. Does anyone else feel that our broadcast doesn't do as much replays? Several blocks-called-for-fouls, including the Stix one and a third quarter Mikal/Ja defensive sequence where they say it was a clean block didn't get any replays whatsoever.
Rarely will any broadcast show a replay of a missed or bad call. The exception is if it's being reviewed by the officials, and even then it's sometimes brief.

It can be frustrating when the TV guys are talking about a controversial play and the replay being shown is something else. It happened in this game when Ja Morant was called for a double-dribble violation. EJ started to talk about it when a replay came up but it was a replay of the previous possession when Morant made a nice move for a layup, and they just kind of moved on without showing the replay of his violation. It happens several times a game across the league.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:55 pm
pickle wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:34 pm
Rarely will any broadcast show a replay of a missed or bad call. The exception is if it's being reviewed by the officials, and even then it's sometimes brief.

It can be frustrating when the TV guys are talking about a controversial play and the replay being shown is something else. It happened in this game when Ja Morant was called for a double-dribble violation. EJ started to talk about it when a replay came up but it was a replay of the previous possession when Morant made a nice move for a layup, and they just kind of moved on without showing the replay of his violation. It happens several times a game across the league.
I watched the Memphis broadcast for this one and they did show Smith's beautiful block replay.
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Yeah I don't know why they wouldn't show the replay. It is a review of an interesting development and possibly exciting play in the game.