Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yo much respect to this dude.
Honestly wasn't a big fan of his game (OKC/DET) but became quite clear to me in the Jazz series that he wasn't just having a hot couple of games but that he might be a problem

Helluva post season for him

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:53 am
Yo much respect to this dude.
Honestly wasn't a big fan of his game (OKC/DET) but became quite clear to me in the Jazz series that he wasn't just having a hot couple of games but that he might be a problem

Helluva post season for him
Yep, I felt the same way about him. I remember he turned me off years ago when he teamed with Dragic in an all-star game skills challenge and he dogged it and caused them to lose. But he has really turned it around!
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I have a ton of respect for Reggie Jackson now. Who's next contract will be bigger, his or Payne's?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

It’s a shame he had to share the floor with Beverly, Morris, Cousins… bunch of punks riding George and Khawi coat tails.

It’s easy to fall for the trash attitude when it’s all around you (Terrence Mann is walking down that path) but Jackson in general kept his composure. Total respect.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like Reggie Jackson. He was awesome in this series. It felt like every shot he put up was going in. Glad to end this series so we won't have to deal with him on the court any more, though.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:02 pm
I have a ton of respect for Reggie Jackson now. Who's next contract will be bigger, his or Payne's?
The mismatch podcast asked whether he or Schroeder will get the bigger contract. I was asking my Knicks fan friends how much they think he’s worth and gave his skill set a thought during that process. He’s definitely demonstrated that he’s a superior scorer who uses his length and new found shooting stroke well but he seems much more of a scoring guard than a point even with the evolution of the position in this modern game. I don’t recall him using his scoring to set up teammates at all — is that a function of the clippers system and personnel or am I talking out of my ass here?

He also didn’t seem to be a particularly strong defender despite that length, tho he held his own.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:43 pm
It’s a shame he had to share the floor with Beverly, Morris, Cousins… bunch of punks riding George and Khawi coat tails.

It’s easy to fall for the trash attitude when it’s all around you (Terrence Mann is walking down that path) but Jackson in general kept his composure. Total respect.
I quite liked Terrence Mann. A young player that plays hard and wears his emotion on his sleeve. I was asking myself why I didn’t have the same anger towards him as I did towards Beverley or Cousins. Then I was watching replays and saw that second Booker dunk where he beat Mann and went from two hands to one to put us up 13. Mann knew he was beat and kept his hands back and didn’t make contact with Booker. I just knew that if it was Beverley or Cousins in that scenario they’d have shoved him.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

The Mavs hiring Jason Kidd makes me happy in a schadenfreude kind of way.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

The difference between Pat Bev and other players, is that other players when they know they’ve been beat, will let things go. Pat Bev doesn’t care one iota if the other player gets injured or not. Maybe he’s not intentionally trying to hurt other players, but he’s fully aware that he’s putting himself and others in danger and doesn’t care. Which to me is worse and professionally irresponsible. If I were the nba I’d ban him.

Also, he might be a good on ball defender. But his huge ego caused him to make a huge defensive blunder that led to that first wide open CP3 foul. Tim Legler analyzed it in the post game show. He wasn’t even beat, he just made a boneheaded move, because god forbid Booker scores a basket.

Watching him lose his cool and get tossed was the icing on the cake.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Canada loses in the Play-In tournament for Tokyo

Notables missing - Murray/SGA/Olynyk/D. Brooks but they would have still expected to make. Roster below and Nick Nurse coached

For those interested in full highlights. Seemed like quite a game

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Satoransky didn't call bank...he called game.
"Be Legendary."

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marv has been a national treasure for NBA basketball but it was time for him to retire at 80 years old. He mixed up teams, players, and calls often. "Now they're saying it's not a foul and was just knocked out of bounds." The same trick his brother Steve used to do with us. Al McCoy at 88 is much sharper. I know he's slowed down a bit but not much!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I liked Marv's casting but in recent years I found him hard to hear. His voice got thinner and more whispered. He also started blowing calls much more often, as has been chronicled by others. I also don't know how to feel about his past deviant behavior. All in all since he's 88 it seems like it's past time for him to retire. Breen and Harlan pick up the torch as most iconic play-by-play guys.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:17 pm
I liked Marv's casting but in recent years I found him hard to hear. His voice got thinner and more whispered. He also started blowing calls much more often, as has been chronicled by others. I also don't know how to feel about his past deviant behavior. All in all since he's 88 it seems like it's past time for him to retire. Breen and Harlan pick up the torch as most iconic play-by-play guys.
No, he's 80. Al is 88.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

More tabloid stuff this time about Rachel Nichols and her private-made-public diversity dig about Maria Taylor:

https://nypost.com/2021/07/04/rachel-ni ... spn-video/
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:20 pm
Marv has been a national treasure for NBA basketball but it was time for him to retire at 80 years old. He mixed up teams, players, and calls often. "Now they're saying it's not a foul and was just knocked out of bounds." The same trick his brother Steve used to do with us. Al McCoy at 88 is much sharper. I know he's slowed down a bit but not much!
Reggie Miller has had to help him out more times than I can count in these playoffs.

Is there any way to get a stream for Al McCoy’s broadcast for the finals games?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

pickle wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:59 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:20 pm
Reggie Miller has had to help him out more times than I can count in these playoffs.

Is there any way to get a stream for Al McCoy’s broadcast for the finals games?
You can sign up for NBA League Pass Audio for USD$9.99: https://watch.nba.com/streaming-subscriptions

That’s what I use and then just pause it and/or my TV streaming service to sync it up with the TV.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.