Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

What's with the mics on the rims today?

The Nuggets/76ers game was the same. Every shot sounded like someone dropped a bowling ball on the court.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Clips are fake contenders.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

They wouldn't really be considered contenders if Kawhi hadn't lead Toronto to a championship, and even then, Lowry was a better second guy then than Paul George is now.

They don't have a dependable point guard and they're relying on Luke Kennard, Nic Batum and Marcus Morris on the wing. None of them scare anyone in the league.

Add Kawhi's health issues and Georges affinity for disappearing in big moments, and I'd be pretty surprised if they make the WCF.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:17 pm
Random one :oops:

I love the 2pac shirt paired with being scared of a shot.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:00 am
They wouldn't really be considered contenders if Kawhi hadn't lead Toronto to a championship, and even then, Lowry was a better second guy then than Paul George is now.

They don't have a dependable point guard and they're relying on Luke Kennard, Nic Batum and Marcus Morris on the wing. None of them scare anyone in the league.

Add Kawhi's health issues and Georges affinity for disappearing in big moments, and I'd be pretty surprised if they make the WCF.
They are the 2nd best 3pt shooting team of all time. Only the hornets in the year the nba moved up the line have been better so far.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:02 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

They are the 2nd best 3pt shooting team of all time. Only the hornets in the year the nba moved up the line have been better so far.
I am not a Clipps believer, but Kawhi is not considered a great basketball player because of his Toronto run. He was also a Finals MVP for the Spurs when they knocked off Lebron and his super team in Miami. He isn't a one hit wonder.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Two hit wonder. Right place, right time.

Indy

Post by Indy »

He is a two-time finals MVP. He is more accomplished than any player we have ever had. Maybe it was right place/right time, but it worked.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Kawhi was absolutely dominant in the playoffs fir the Raptors. Like, he was a freaking terminator. And he make one if the most iconic shots in recent memory. While also being a terrornon defense (do you guys remember that no look steal? This is one of the most ridiculous plays in the history of basketball).

Please, give me that one hit wonder once in my lifetime Suns fandom.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Kawhi strikes me as a supercharged Jimmy Butler. You dismiss him, and he proceeds to put the team on his shoulders and will them to victory (Bulls, Spurs, Miami, Toronto) Then, as soon as you rate him as elite, his team underperforms and health issues resurface. Once again you dismiss him... and so on, both guys bounce between overrated and underrated with no middle ground stops. Big difference is their game face, Kawhi is Mr Cool as Ice, while Jimmy reminds me of The Hulk if he ever choose to wear rastas. They would make a great Face-Off reboot poster.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I still don't get why Kawhi left the Raptors. I think they had a better team than the Clippers roster he joined. And why not defend your title? I think it's just a bad move to ditch a team you won a title with as their star player. He could have stayed in Toronto and been like a god there, and maybe even won another ring. Instead he's like the 3rd or 4th most interesting basketball player in the LA area, and he has no Finals appearances to show for it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s from Southern California. He wanted to work where he’s from. It’s also been 1 weird pandemic year...I wouldn’t start the 0 finals appearances thing yet.

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Raptors weren't 'his team' since he was just traded there since the Spurs knew he wanted to be in SoCal and wouldn't re-sign. So they took the best offer and shipped him up north.

And I can't see how he is the 4th most impactful player in L.A. Who are 2 and 3?

Seems like a dream come true to play a game for 8 figures a year in your home town, with some of the best weather anywhere. Who says no to that?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:40 pm
The Raptors weren't 'his team' since he was just traded there since the Spurs knew he wanted to be in SoCal and wouldn't re-sign. So they took the best offer and shipped him up north.

And I can't see how he is the 4th most impactful player in L.A. Who are 2 and 3?

Seems like a dream come true to play a game for 8 figures a year in your home town, with some of the best weather anywhere. Who says no to that?
Apparently, Suns fans.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I didn't realize that and it surprises me. I remember the Suns game when George went crazy from 3, but I didn't expect to see the whole team shooting them so well. I'm still doubtful they'll be able to do it in the playoffs.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:32 am
Split T wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I am not a Clipps believer, but Kawhi is not considered a great basketball player because of his Toronto run. He was also a Finals MVP for the Spurs when they knocked off Lebron and his super team in Miami. He isn't a one hit wonder.
Kawhi is a great player, but my point was about him leading his team to a title in Toronto. Yeah, he won Finals MVP in San Antonio, but Tony Parker also did that, and no one would've ever said that he lead the team to their title. The title in Toronto proved that Kawhi could be the best player on a title winning team, but I think that Toronto team was better than this Clippers team.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

This Moses Brown thing is crazy. OKC's found a few gems.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Ok so obviously I missed this in the news :shock: :o :? . Don't think our local correspondence lol Split mentioned this. Crazy though

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Sorry, my bad, haha. Ya it was pretty crazy apparently. Donovan Mitchell, who has mentioned a fear of flying in the past, didn’t travel with the team on the 2nd flight. I can imagine that being a pretty freaky experience.

Split T

Post by Split T »

So maybe Aldridge has more left than I thought. Though I think a lot of people could look good in this Nets offense.