Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Split T
Posts: 12301
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by Split T » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:36 pm

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:34 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:00 am
My guess is the Bucks didn't play him due to his lack of shooting. His offense can hurt a team if you actually need shooting from the 4 position.
I thought they traded him after the deal for PJ Tucker was set. To me, it was a roster space move, and they obviously preferred Tucker since they gave up assets to get him. I'd have been happy to add Tucker to the Suns, but I would've have advocated giving up anything to get him, and I'm not certain that he's really an upgrade over Craig right now.
Yes that’s correct, but he fell out of their rotation earlier in the year. He only played 18 games in Milwaukee.
Split: I would trade DA for SGA right now(11-24-2020)

Cap: I wouldn’t. Somebody remember to check this post in five years and see which of us looks the fool.

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 4755
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by Shabazz » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:06 pm

Craig>>>>>Tucker.

User avatar
Aztec Sunsfan
Posts: 1396
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by Aztec Sunsfan » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:31 pm

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:06 pm
Craig>>>>>Tucker.
Tucker is a bigger name and perhaps WAS the better player, but right now he has a lot of D’Antony minutes under his belt, and we know first hand how players seems to fell of a cliff once they broke their MikeD limits. As much as it hurts me let go Cash after more than a decade as part of our team culture, it’s time to turn the page. Going after Craig for cash considerations versus Tucker for at least a second rounder, plus the salaries, it’s a no brainer.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 12301
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by Split T » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:56 pm

Split: I would trade DA for SGA right now(11-24-2020)

Cap: I wouldn’t. Somebody remember to check this post in five years and see which of us looks the fool.

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 6542
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by INFORMER » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:11 pm

Split T wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:36 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:34 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:00 am
My guess is the Bucks didn't play him due to his lack of shooting. His offense can hurt a team if you actually need shooting from the 4 position.
I thought they traded him after the deal for PJ Tucker was set. To me, it was a roster space move, and they obviously preferred Tucker since they gave up assets to get him. I'd have been happy to add Tucker to the Suns, but I would've have advocated giving up anything to get him, and I'm not certain that he's really an upgrade over Craig right now.
Yes that’s correct, but he fell out of their rotation earlier in the year. He only played 18 games in Milwaukee.
I feel like Milwaukee is running the "Building Around a Superstar" playbook Minnesota used with KG. That Tucker trade is just mind-boggling. And part of me holds back on knocking them for the Holiday trade, because at least they were able to jettison Bledsoe; still, they paid a steep price. And for what? I still don't think they make it out of the East.

And Giannis needs to realize that ultimately, he is the difference maker. That franchise needs him to be dominant in the playoffs and hands-down the best player on the court, and that didn't happen last year. His game is going have to evolve. He won't be able to get by on non-called travels and offensive fouls. It's good he has improved his 3 ball, but he is going to have to improve his mid-range jumper and speed up/smooth out his post game.

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 3436
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by bajanguy008 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:23 am

Wow lol
Look at our DA, sounding a little more mature.... 8-) :)

I didn't comment in the Game Day thread but I am counting the Bulls game as part of this decent little stretch he is on. I'm in the crowd that thinks the 10pts n 4rebs doesn't really tell the story of how he played.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 12301
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by Split T » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:43 am

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:11 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:36 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:34 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:00 am
My guess is the Bucks didn't play him due to his lack of shooting. His offense can hurt a team if you actually need shooting from the 4 position.
I thought they traded him after the deal for PJ Tucker was set. To me, it was a roster space move, and they obviously preferred Tucker since they gave up assets to get him. I'd have been happy to add Tucker to the Suns, but I would've have advocated giving up anything to get him, and I'm not certain that he's really an upgrade over Craig right now.
Yes that’s correct, but he fell out of their rotation earlier in the year. He only played 18 games in Milwaukee.
I feel like Milwaukee is running the "Building Around a Superstar" playbook Minnesota used with KG. That Tucker trade is just mind-boggling. And part of me holds back on knocking them for the Holiday trade, because at least they were able to jettison Bledsoe; still, they paid a steep price. And for what? I still don't think they make it out of the East.

And Giannis needs to realize that ultimately, he is the difference maker. That franchise needs him to be dominant in the playoffs and hands-down the best player on the court, and that didn't happen last year. His game is going have to evolve. He won't be able to get by on non-called travels and offensive fouls. It's good he has improved his 3 ball, but he is going to have to improve his mid-range jumper and speed up/smooth out his post game.
Making moves to keep Giannis and stay a “contender.” But compromising title chances. They’ve locked up Giannis, so maybe they’ll start building smart, but giving up assets for PJ Tucker wasn’t a great start. They’ve sure emptied out their asset supply for the time being.
Split: I would trade DA for SGA right now(11-24-2020)

Cap: I wouldn’t. Somebody remember to check this post in five years and see which of us looks the fool.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 7691
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by ShelC » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:20 am

Congrats to Monty! Much deserved




And now everyone's favorite...


User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 3436
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by bajanguy008 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:49 am

Smh
I'm Madd at you for that Shel

Tsk lol
Either way, yea big Congrats to Monty but I'm sure He's not gonna get too happy on the farm
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 13333
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by Indy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:50 am

If I ever hear that man's voice again, it will be too soon. Even if he is saying something good about our team. I just can't.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 20690
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by Superbone » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:50 am

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:23 am
Wow lol
Look at our DA, sounding a little more mature.... 8-) :)

I didn't comment in the Game Day thread but I am counting the Bulls game as part of this decent little stretch he is on. I'm in the crowd that thinks the 10pts n 4rebs doesn't really tell the story of how he played.
I'm with you. Ayton was impactful down the stretch. That's for sure. I've been encouraged by his play as of late.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 13333
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by Indy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:52 am

I don't know how to look this up, but I would be surprised if DA had more than 8 points all season in the clutch. So considering most of that came in these two recent games is a plus. It doesn't forgive his absence on the boards for the rest of the game, though.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 20690
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by Superbone » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:52 am

Indy wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:50 am
If I ever hear that man's voice again, it will be too soon. Even if he is saying something good about our team. I just can't.
Hater!
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
LazarusLong
Posts: 2139
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by LazarusLong » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:40 am

Scratching at an old scar ... Joe Johnson thinks he might have won an NBA title if he stayed with Phoenix...

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles ... 2_34524584
The Suns finally have the potential to shine again ... 8-)

User avatar
BAMF
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by BAMF » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:42 am

Indy wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:50 am
If I ever hear that man's voice again, it will be too soon. Even if he is saying something good about our team. I just can't.
Yea its like fingernails on a Chalkboard. I turn ESPN radio off when he is on.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 20690
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by Superbone » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:06 pm

LazarusLong wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:40 am
Scratching at an old scar ... Joe Johnson thinks he might have won an NBA title if he stayed with Phoenix...

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles ... 2_34524584
That's what I've been saying for years.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
BAMF
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by BAMF » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:34 pm

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:06 pm
LazarusLong wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:40 am
Scratching at an old scar ... Joe Johnson thinks he might have won an NBA title if he stayed with Phoenix...

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles ... 2_34524584
That's what I've been saying for years.
I think we all said it as soon as Saver didn't want to give him the 2 extra million.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 13333
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by Indy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:02 pm

BAMF wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:34 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:06 pm
LazarusLong wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:40 am
Scratching at an old scar ... Joe Johnson thinks he might have won an NBA title if he stayed with Phoenix...

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles ... 2_34524584
That's what I've been saying for years.
I think we all said it as soon as Saver didn't want to give him the 2 extra million.
I thought it was 5. 50 vs 55 wasn't it?

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 7691
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by ShelC » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:07 pm

JJ wanted 50, Sarver wouldn't move from 45.

User avatar
BAMF
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by BAMF » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:55 pm

I thought JJ came down just a bit and Saver wouldn't budge still.

Post Reply