Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
MightyMoog

Re: Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Post by MightyMoog »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:42 pm
I've got nothing at this time......
Surprisingly lol

But have at it folks ☺️

The wing stop?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:05 pm
I'm a little confused about Paul's "torn ligaments" in his wrist. How did he recover so quickly? He shot masterfully in Game 6 from everywhere on the court.
I think the torn ligaments are in his fingers that he had taped up until last game. He said that he got an MRI on his wrist, though. I assume both the hand/fingers and wrist were injured on that play in Game 3.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

The Sarver thing seems like junk journalism. I agree with Superbone about the receptionist comment, but it seems irresponsible for the journalist to not even check out the context of the event or ask his widow about it before publishing. And the timing of this is very suspicious. Is this supposed to be some sort of "October surprise" to try to derail our championship run? I don't understand why they would publish it, especially right now.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:20 pm
The Sarver thing seems like junk journalism. I agree with Superbone about the receptionist comment, but it seems irresponsible for the journalist to not even check out the context of the event or ask his widow about it before publishing. And the timing of this is very suspicious. Is this supposed to be some sort of "October surprise" to try to derail our championship run? I don't understand why they would publish it, especially right now.
To answer your last questions, it’s exactly that. It’s TMZ kind of stuff. When did this even even take place? I’m guessing not recently. In fact it said something about being during the season when we had a game against San Antonio. Also mentioned Nash as coach so I guess at the end of this season. Why is it just coming out now?
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

☺️💪👍

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Some advice for all :lol:
I'm sure most of us might experience this scenario

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Saw the Sarver thing and didn't even bother posting it because it's just opportunistic tabloid trash that really doesn't have a bearing on anything. We know he's a douche and the stuff written was just cringe and inappropriate, but not earth shattering. Expected better from Abbott.

The torn ligaments thing was curious to me too. He said the MRI on his wrist came back clean so maybe there was something going on with his taped fingers? I know Mann swiped down on his hand during a drive in Game 3 which is when he started favoring that hand. But it didn't affect him late in Game 6 thankfully.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:42 am
☺️💪👍

Oh, wow. BG writing for Uproxx too?! By Jackson Frank. Heh. Nice pseudonym. (As in Josh Jackson and Frank Kaminski, I see what you did there.)
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:00 am
Some advice for all :lol:
I'm sure most of us might experience this scenario

Oh, man. They better not try that with me!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This is really well done:

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Oh, man. I'm getting ahead of myself. I just imagined the unfurling ceremony of our first NBA Championship banner in game 1 of next season along with the ring ceremony. I probably should have kept this to myself.
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

It has to be his left wrist
My buddy told me about it fore I saw the game saying that he thinks his wrist might be messed up

The torn ligaments are in his fingers which is still crazy as it is his shooting hand. As seen in the tweet I think the MRI was to check the wrist for a sprain

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:00 am
Oh, man. I'm getting ahead of myself. I just imagined the unfurling ceremony of our first NBA Championship banner in game 1 of next season along with the ring ceremony. I probably should have kept this to myself.
If it happens...can it be against the Clippers please, Mr. Silver? :P

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:18 am
I love how the league mentions that it was a 27 point loss for the Clippers.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:05 am
Superbone wrote:
Oh, man. That would be perfect. And with Beverly in street clothes serving out his suspension. (Is he even allowed to be at the game?) I like the way you think, Jeremy.

ETA: OK, found this NBA ruling:
If a player, coach or assistant coach is suspended from a game or games, he shall not at any time before, during or after such game or games appear in any part of the arena or stands where his team is playing. A player, coach or assistant coach who is ejected may only remain in the dressing room of his team during the remainder of the game, or leave the building. A violation of this rule shall call for an automatic fine of $2000.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:12 am
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Oh, man. That would be perfect. And with Beverly in street clothes serving out his suspension. (Is he even allowed to be at the game?) I like the way you think, Jeremy.
He's not allowed in the arena. Remember when Raja Bell ran onto the team bus after the OT Game 6 win vs. the Lakers in 2006? :D

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:14 am
Superbone wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:12 am
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
He's not allowed in the arena. Remember when Raja Bell ran onto the team bus after the OT Game 6 win vs. the Lakers in 2006? :D
Even better. He can be stewing in his hotel room watching it on TV.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

bajanguy008 wrote:
☺️💪👍

I hope Cam is doing okay. Did he get to celebrate with the team? I don't think I saw him on the bench or at center court for the trophy presentation. I wonder if he was on the team plane.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:17 am
bajanguy008 wrote:
☺️💪👍

I hope Cam is doing okay. Did he get to celebrate with the team? I don't think I saw him on the bench or at center court for the trophy presentation. I wonder if he was on the team plane.
Yeah, good question. Food poisoning is usually a 24 hour affair. I have a feeling he was stuck in his hotel room. I'm sure he got to celebrate with his teammates later and was on the team plane. (Well, not sure, but I would assume he was already in LA unless they sent him home before the game.)
"Be Legendary."