Phx-suns.net...radio show?!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Charlie Smithy!

Phx-suns.net...radio show?!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Hey guys,

I do plan to pick up on the 20 questions thang in the offseason (coughmoricough :mrgreen: ), but in the meantime, I thought it might be cool (assuming interest) to have a little call-in show for the .net.

Anyway, I'll be using BlogTalkRadio (thank you Mono from Spurstalk for the idea!), and even though the basic features only allow 30 minutes of show time, I figured that would be a good litmus test to see if this thing gets off the ground.

As far as time goes, I was thinking weekly (or every-other-weekly) sometime on a Saturday or Sunday evening.

Would any of y'all be up for such a thing? I figure that *if* we make the playoffs, could even do some extra special episodes...as it were!

So yeah..thoughts/suggestions?

Mori Chu

Re: Phx-suns.net...radio show?!

Post by Mori Chu »

Awesome! I'll totally call in if you do a Sunday show. Just name the time and place and how to call in, and I'm there. Great idea. Just watch out for the Cubby troll calls...! :-)

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

"It's Guiseppe!"

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Why not? I say go for it sir.
You sold me two quier giraffes

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

I'll certainly call in.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Culburn369 wrote:I'll certainly call in.
Well dang, now we really have to do it.

Charlie Smithy!

Mori Chu wrote:
Culburn369 wrote:I'll certainly call in.
Well dang, now we really have to do it.
Lol, looks like it may just end up being a one-off show with you n Cubby! :P

Unfortunately, I'm not yet a premium subscriber to BlogTalkRadio, so that cuts out start-up times from 6 to 9:30 PM.

Lemme know what time on Sunday works for you, Mori; I will do my best to accommodate to your timezone!

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

FYI, CS, I'm good any time. I just sit around here stewing in own juices of hate mongering & totin' up my cyphers concerning "Owen."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Reminds me of the Drunken Amateur Reports we did care of Desert Coast and a few others. 8-) :lol:
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Charlie Smithy!

LazarusLong wrote:Reminds me of the Drunken Amateur Reports we did care of Desert Coast and a few others. 8-) :lol:
Hah!

Well I'd be must obliged if you would be up to stewing in your own juices with Mori, myself, and...Lord Voldemort.

...I just hope DesertCoast doesn't make fun of me for my lack of profanities! :mrgreen:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Charles: Sundays are good for me any time. Let's do this!

Charlie Smithy!

Alrighty then!

Imma tentatively schedule the first (I can only hope there will be more! Lol) show this Sunday @ 4 pm central daylight.

I'll be making a separate thread (cuz I'm just like that) with the link, where you'll be able to call in using your phone or via a button on the site (provided in the link), where you can use the mic on your computer (better sound quality fer shure that way).

...lettuce proceed?

Charlie Smithy!

Oh, I should probably add that if any of you guys are interested in the show, but can't hear it live, there will be a link for download later sometime after.

cardoso31

Post by cardoso31 »

Would love to butcher your ears with my bad english guys. I have a little experience with my podcast (in Spanish) Ochoseis. check it out if you want a dose of spanish slang lessons.

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:Alrighty then!

Imma tentatively schedule the first (I can only hope there will be more! Lol) show this Sunday @ 4 pm central daylight.

I'll be making a separate thread (cuz I'm just like that) with the link, where you'll be able to call in using your phone or via a button on the site (provided in the link), where you can use the mic on your computer (better sound quality fer shure that way).

...lettuce proceed?
Can we swear & cite the NBA Old Maid card you've holding onto like your life depended on it?

StephenJohn

Post by StephenJohn »

Culburn369 wrote:
Charlie Smithy! wrote:Alrighty then!

...lettuce proceed?
Can we swear & cite the NBA Old Maid card you've holding onto like your life depended on it?
Solly Cholly!

Charlie Smithy!

Alrighty, I decided to take the temporary 30-day trial and upgrade the show - this means we'll be running for a full hour(!), and also this thankfully gives me the option to broadcast via Skype *and* in primetime slots.

Thus, the tentative time is this Sunday, now at 9 pm central daylight, might end up moving that time back an hour depending on what's going on.

Anyway, y'all will be able to listen (and call in, if you so desire) via this link:

http://tobtr.com/s/6179009

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Great stuff; I'll do my best to call in. Great idea, CS.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:Great stuff; I'll do my best to call in. Great idea, CS.
I'll give it a shot too.
"Be Legendary."

Charlie Smithy!

Ahh, you guys are the bestest! :mrgreen: