Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 1 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Sunday 6/20/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 1 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Sunday 6/20/2021

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:06 pm
Same tune with the Clippers. They figure you out in the 3rd quarter then it’s lights out. I hope the suns have an answer because it’s not looking good.
They have an answer and his name is DBook!
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 1 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Sunday 6/20/2021

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Booker successfully playing so much like Kobe is something I'd never have imagined as a Suns fan 10 years ago.

Some of the shots he hit today were textbook Kobe shots. Especially the one at the end of the second half. That was basically a replay of the game winner Kobe hit against the Suns in 2006.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:56 pm
And he ain't done yet. He's just getting started.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:56 pm
https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/clippers ... game-1-win
This video of Devin Booker and Deandre Ayton FaceTiming with Chris Paul after Game 1 win is too good
The video wasn't working for me.
"Be Legendary."

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Really proud of DA as a father. His eyes lit up when Kellan Olson wished him a Happy Father’s Day. Also saw him kissing his baby son before the game. Just wanted to point that out as I made an uniformed opinion when I first heard he had a kid earlier in the season. He seems to be loving fatherhood and I wish him the best on that journey. One of the great experiences in life.

Speaking of which, Happy Fathers’ Day to all of you fathers out there. Unbelievable that the Suns are undefeated in the playoffs thus far in Polly’s lifetime. The Suns gave us a great gift today.
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Not a good look.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That video is awful. No reason for that stuff at all. Suns fans gotta settle down.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This has got to stop.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

This is part of the problem with glorifying suns in 4 guy, even if he was mostly justified in his actions.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I was just thinking of point Book today. Remember when Booker was forced to play point Book early on in his career. We hated it. We didn’t win many games back then but, Booker got a heavy dose of playing point because we had no competent PG. Some thought it was a bad idea. I thought in my optimistic thinking that then that it would be good for Booker in the long run and maybe make him a better passer since we were obviously not going to win a Championship that year. Passing is a skill all BBall players need and Booker playing point forced him to get better.

Today all that hard work playing point Book paid off for him and the Suns. He commanded a double and made them pay for it in assists because of his passing skills. We used to say Bookers weakness was his defense. Not anymore.He’s been great. He makes 3 pointers, mid range shots, posts up or drives to the basket from any hand k which makes him unstoppable. Double him and he finds the open guy.

Legendary

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:39 pm
This is part of the problem with glorifying suns in 4 guy, even if he was mostly justified in his actions.
Yeah, and IIRC, he said as much the day after. He didn't want his actions to be glorified, but ya know, Internet gonna Internet.

As we can see in that Twitter clip, team affiliation doesn't mean anything. Anyone can be an asshole.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Geeeez

That video is such a bad look, really spoils things a lil
Hopefully the guys speak out quickly on this
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Just rewatched as I was in and out during live action. We hung on, but we had a 10 point lead with 2:00 to go and LA cut that to 2. That’s where we missed CP3 the most. We were running clock and just going to a Book iso..not running our offense. Everyone knows what’s coming in that situation and it’s tough to get a good look. Especially since Book doesn’t have himself as an outlet like CP3 does in that situation.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I think this is the best game I've ever seen Booker play. It was complete in every way possible. Clippers aren't going anywhere, but I am more confident in my prediction going into the series. Suns in 6.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The fighting thing is stupid. Seen it before anywhere there are drunk fans from apposing teams interacting. Playoffs increase the risk of fights exponentially. Their security better be tight for game two. Maybe cut off beer sales after the third quarter starts. Keep the different fans separate somehow, especially right after the game ends when most of this crap happens.

L.A. is a mean town. I would watch my back as a Suns fan when they go back to L.A. I told that story of a Raiders fan putting a Steelers fan in a coma at a game in L.A. many years back after the Steelers fan taunted the crowd. A Suns fan saying shit at a Clippers game could be unhealthy.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:45 pm
Why would he be in Cali?
I think he's been at home in LA ever since Denver a week ago, since we had some time off. He received the positive test on Monday reportedly.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:51 pm
Wow! That was stressful! I was almost thinking of taking up Indy on those tickets. I just had that surgery and probably would have exploded from the inside if I was at the game. That was one hell of a game by Booker. He WAS Legendary. I was worried about him in the beginning. A few drives to the hoop against half their team and not coming close. A bunch of early turnovers too. A week off and no Paul against a new team. It took a little while to get their sea legs under them. The Clippers haven’t been playing centers much and Ayton playing was going to play against forwards. Then they bring in Cousins out of the blue and he proceeded to hurt us against Saric. I was yelling at the screen for them to bring in Ayton against Cousins and they waited too long imo. I guess it’s a chess game and the Clippers were trying to throw us off and it worked for a while.

Suns win! I’ll take it. Let’s get Paul back and finish these guys.
Same here, I was so angry at Monty for reacting so slowly to that. I still don't know why he didn't bring Ayton back in sooner.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.