Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns Game II Tuesday June 22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns Game II Tuesday June 22

Post by Superbone »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:49 pm
Ayton and Payne are just carrying us tonight!
Ayton and Payne really stepped up as well as Cam Johnson. No way we win that one without what they did.
"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns Game II Tuesday June 22

Post by iLLmatic »

Saric chipping in too.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Cam Payne - 29 points, 9 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 0 turnovers
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What a game. I feel bad for Wormwood. He's got to be feeling miserable this evening and near certain the Clippers are going to rattle off 4 wins in a row.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Where's INF been during this run?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yeah Paul, you sure looked really confident out there on the foul line.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:46 pm
He panned the Paul and Crowder acquisitions if I remember right. He was always calling Paul, Coach Paul. I remember that.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:52 pm

Yeah Paul, you sure looked really confident out there on the foul line.
:lol: Whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy! :lol:
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

iLLmatic wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:46 pm
He likes to play the voice of reason, but the Suns have been insane!!! :D

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Monty Williams wrote:DA..If he throws it, you gotta, like, try to dunk it. OK?
Guys, I think we found the solution to Ayton's dunking issues. Turns out Monty just needs to tell (politely request?) him to do it.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:09 pm
That’s such a bulls**t non-basketball play. And then the nerve to act concerned afterwards…. spare me.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Recency bias, I guess? But truly, no matter how this run plays out, this is my favorite Suns squad ever. Even over 1993 and the Nash Era.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Beverley puts his hand up like that on most fouls against him. It's all part of his NBA player performance act.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:16 pm
Recency bias, I guess? But truly, no matter how this run plays out, this is my favorite Suns squad ever. Even over 1993 and the Nash Era.
Early 90s is my starting point to reference and have to say I agree. I love how much enjoyment they get out of each other doing well, and how single minded and resilient they are. It’s great to watch - especially what we’ve endured in recent years.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:16 pm
Yeah. This win was really special.

I wasn't alive for The Shot Heard Around the World, so I think this is #2 in my lifetime behind Barkley's game winner over Robinson to send the Suns to the WCF. But I reserve the right to change my mind if the Suns go on to win the Larry-O.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.