Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns Game II Tuesday June 22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns Game II Tuesday June 22

Post by Split T »

The first Nash team and the 2010 WCF team were my favorites, but ya I think this team has it now

Flagrant Fowl

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns Game II Tuesday June 22

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:20 pm
Russillo is partial to the Suns and Chris Paul even if he's right in this situation.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

We had one of our cold nights from 3 which has resulted in quite a few losses this season
Early on I could tell it was gonna be one of those games from Book. Again he is human so he will have off shooting nights, but the turnovers drive me crazy and yea when the immaturity starts to show up it's tough to watch and very frustrating

Yet we somehow managed to win
DA n Payne, what a performance from those two and Cam J n Dario were quite solid also

Just glad to get over the line as this one would have really been a big bummer to lose. How these games are playing I don't see how they handle us with CP3 back but I still didn't want to settle for a split
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Cheers - can a team pay him more even if we have his early bird rights?

Is he worth more than $10m - $11m to another team?

Split T

Post by Split T »

3rdside wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:03 am
Furlanfufi wrote:
Cheers - can a team pay him more even if we have his early bird rights?

Is he worth more than $10m - $11m to another team?
If they have cap space they can…I don’t think he’ll get more than that. There are a few teams with cap space in the pg market, but probably more the vet pg market(Conley, lowry, dragic)

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Fantastic result. I’ll watch the full game back later but wow, some of those ref calls are maddening.
Props to DA & Payne, we protect home court. Now let’s steal at least one in LA to get them out of the mind set they can come from two down against us!!
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

carey

Post by carey »

NBA: No shot can be completed with .3 seconds or less left on the clock.

Scott Foster: Changes time from .9 seconds to .7 seconds left after Ayton's dunk.

None of the other refs can stand up to this bozo?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I’ve watched that last play more times than I can count now. Ayton with the veteran move of grabbing Zubac’s jersey while running him into Booker’s screen. The whole play from top to bottom was perfectly executed. And then when you add the fact that they never practiced it?! Unbelievable!
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:51 am
I’ve watched that last play more times than I can count now. Ayton with the veteran move of grabbing Zubac’s jersey while running him into Booker’s screen. The whole play from top to bottom was perfectly executed. And then when you add the fact that they never practiced it?! Unbelievable!
Ayton was very savvy with the jersey tug on that play. He kind of pulled Zubac exactly where he wanted him into Booker's screen. Another one of those "illegal" basketball plays that's officiated based on the game situation.

The play Monty drew up for the win wasn't really anything special. That's a standard under the basket in-bound play. That stuff is taught in middle school basketball, maybe even lower. So even though they might not have practiced it as a team, they've done it a countless number of times in the past.

Possibly the most remarkable part of that play was the Clippers complete meltdown in trying to defend it. How they completely blew the coverage in the first place and then to do it at that crucial moment is crazy to see in an NBA playoff game.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

iLLmatic wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:46 pm
Where's INF been during this run?of C
He probably is disappointed that James Jones won EOY. If you listen to most of his posts he would have drafted very differently and I do not think he fan of trading for CP3 and the signing of Crowder. He would have preferred that we loaded up on more draft picks. Is he really a Suns fan or just a critic?
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I’ve watched the Beverly head butt a number of times and while I thought it might have been legit during the game, I now think it’s just part of his dirty arsenal. I heard the NBA TV guys talk about it too. You don’t play defense with your head. Beverly has a knack for making dirty plays and making them look accidental.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:03 am
The play Monty drew up for the win wasn't really anything special. That's a standard under the basket in-bound play. That stuff is taught in middle school basketball, maybe even lower. So even though they might not have practiced it as a team, they've done it a countless number of times in the past.
Yeah, I remember when my middle school team won on a dunk at the buzzer. Or maybe it was peewee ball. I can’t remember.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:53 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Yeah, I remember when my middle school team won on a dunk at the buzzer. Or maybe it was peewee ball. I can’t remember.
Yeah, yeah..

But really, look up baseline inbound plays. Tons of them have that screen for the big-guy element. Not to mention there was 0.9 seconds left. What the hell else did the Clippers expect the Suns to try?

They'd have been better off just putting a wall of guys 8 feet from the basket and let the Suns try to catch and shoot before the buzzer.

It was phenomenally executed, but I can't call it a 4D chess move by Monty.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:59 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:53 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Yeah, yeah..

But really, look up baseline inbound plays. Tons of them have that screen for the big-guy element. Not to mention there was 0.9 seconds left. What the hell else did the Clippers expect the Suns to try?

They'd have been better off just putting a wall of guys 8 feet from the basket and let the Suns try to catch and shoot before the buzzer.

It was phenomenally executed, but I can't call it a 4D chess move by Monty.
This is a good point. Even the announcers suggested that the Suns should’ve lobbed to Ayton.

But I think part of it is the Clippers failure and part of it was the Suns’ execution. We basically iced the last game during a last minute out of bounds play that got Booker an easy dunk. So there’s some truth to your observation that the Clips failed, and at the same time it’s pretty amazing that we managed two such shots in two consecutive close games.
Last edited by pickle on Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

pickle

Post by pickle »

carey wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:44 am
NBA: No shot can be completed with .3 seconds or less left on the clock.

Scott Foster: Changes time from .9 seconds to .7 seconds left after Ayton's dunk.

None of the other refs can stand up to this bozo?
I’m not trying to defend Foster at all, but the rule is that you can’t catch and shoot in less than 0.3. Guess you can still tip in a shot in shorter time frame.

However I think the amount of time it takes for the ball to actually fall through the hoop should be longer than 0.2 seconds ...

The officiating was a joke. No doubt about it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Put it in the Louvre.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I don’t know how to post a tweet here but this one is hilarious.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Ok that was easier than I thought. This is exactly how I felt. Luckily I am in another time zone and I didn’t need to hold back.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Last edited by ShelC on Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Know TC must be proud watching Book playoff run

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)