Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Phoenix Suns @ Los Angeles Clippers Game III Thursday June 24

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Phoenix Suns @ Los Angeles Clippers Game III Thursday June 24

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm done with this one.

One-sided officiating set the tone early. It's hard to win a playoff game with such a lopsided whistle.

Cam Payne essentially not playing was a huge blow. The Suns couldn't get to the rim without him.

The Clippers focused their defense on taking away the mid-range. Other guys have to step up.

I officially hate the Clippers.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Phoenix Suns @ Los Angeles Clippers Game III Thursday June 24

Post by pickle »

Sigh.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Feels like Payne will probably be out for the next couple games.

Yo CP3, CP15 got two wins for you, time for you to repay him for for the favor.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Reeeeeeeeally glad we won game 2 right about now.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ugly…we just couldn’t make shots..think we let the clips physical play take us out of the game. Think the refs let the game be too physical. Of course Beverley will do well if he’s allowed to foul every play. Credit to the clips for playing aggressive though and playing the game the refs were allowing.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:44 pm
Ugly…we just couldn’t make shots..think we let the clips physical play take us out of the game. Think the refs let the game be too physical. Of course Beverley will do well if he’s allowed to foul every play. Credit to the clips for playing aggressive though and playing the game the refs were allowing.
I'm fine with the refs allowing physical play if they call it both ways. That first quarter was absurd and I'm tired of watching Paul George push off defenders with and without the ball.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

My worry right now is about Cam’s ankle, the fact that Beverly is clearly in Booker’s head, and Clippers having huge confidence now. Nervous as fuck right now.

LVSunsFAN

Post by LVSunsFAN »

Feels weird to lose one after 9 straight.
Feels weird to have Staples Center Officiating after that neutral Denver series.
Feels weird to have Book and Chris combine for 10-40 shooting.

Feels good to be this spoiled though after all these years of missing the play-offs.
And it feels good to be THIS confident we'll turn it around and win the series in 5 or 6

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I was a little worried during the pre-game when I saw a lot of smiles and some laughing from the Suns. Could just be ESPN's TV work, but the Suns didn't play with an edge for 48 minutes tonight.

Hopefully this smacking brings their focus back.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:47 pm
My worry right now is about Cam’s ankle, the fact that Beverly is clearly in Booker’s head, and Clippers having huge confidence now. Nervous as fuck right now.
I'm more worried about Chris Paul's shooting hand/wrist being injured. I think it may have contributed to his poor shooting night.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:02 pm
Wally_West wrote:
I'm more worried about Chris Paul's shooting hand/wrist being injured. I think it may have contributed to his poor shooting night.
I think it was just because he was off for 10 days. He looked rusty to me. If he shoots like this next game then :?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:05 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
I think it was just because he was off for 10 days. He looked rusty to me. If he shoots like this next game then :?
He was just as bad before Mann smacked him on the hand as he was after.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:05 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
I agree. He was missing shots well before that slap. I think they took away a lot of our pocket passes and watched the Paul mid rangers closely, so it threw him off, and he didn’t have a lot of rhythm to begin with. When our interior stuff didn’t work it affected the perimeter shooting and Mikal passed up several open shots that I wish he just let fly.

The officiating definitely impacted the game, took Crowder and Mikal out for extended stretches while the Clippers with the much more physical play didn’t have any foul trouble whatsoever. Go figure.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:18 pm
Dear basketball gods, I don’t ask for much, not even during the most depressing years. But please, no more injuries. Thank you.
Hopefully Payne's rolled ankle is ready for Game 4.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Book wasn't the same tonight with the mask.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:25 pm
Clips get away with two blatant shoves sending our guys to the ground and no calls.
The refs were definitely not on our side tonight.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Clippers really lived up to that Sons of Anarchy logo tonight.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

5 Suns against 5 Clippers and 3 refs tonight. It makes you wonder what transpires between games and do refs get orders from above to call the game a certain way to make a series closer. Not going to win too many games with Booker and Paul shooting like that.

Hopefully they figure it out. Hopefully Payne ‘s ankle isn’t too bad.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Disappointing but not the end of the world. In tennis terms, both teams have held serve so far and we have another chance to break serve job game 4. Hopefully we got all the shit out of the way in one game and can grab the next one

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I know the math doesn’t add up but I think the suns can still win this in 4.