Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Suns @ Clippers Game 4, Sat June 26

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Suns @ Clippers Game 4, Sat June 26

Post by Mori Chu »

Time: Saturday, June 26, 6 pm AZ (9 pm ET)
Place: Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA

TV: ESPN (Gamecast: https://www.espn.com/nba/game/_/gameId/401337336)

Injury report: Payne (ankle) is probable. Nader (knee) is questionable. Kawhi Leonard still out.

GO SUNS !!!

Dis • cuss

Mori Chu

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Suns @ Clippers Game 4, Sat June 26

Post by Mori Chu »

Polly is sad that the Suns lost their first game of her life. But we shall overcome!

LVSunsFAN

Post by LVSunsFAN »

Let's react to this embarrassing game-3 loss at Staples the same way we reacted to the LAST embarrassing game-3 loss at Staples, and dominate!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:12 am
Polly is sad that the Suns lost their first game of her life. But we shall overcome!
You are her dad so I will have to go with your description of Sad

For me it looks like she has quite the Game Face on lol :)
Polly looks ready for battle :D
If our guys come out with her energy we'll be fine :twisted:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Cap

Post by Cap »

Game 4:
 -120 (52.2%) Suns
 +100 (47.8%) Clippers

Series:
 -500 (79.8%) Suns
 +375 (20.2%) Clippers

Championship:
 +120 (42.9%) Bucks
 +160 (36.3%) Suns
 +600 (13.5%) Clippers
+1200 ( 7.3%) Hawks

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:14 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:12 am
You are her dad so I will have to go with your description of Sad

For me it looks like she has quite the Game Face on lol :)
Polly looks ready for battle :D
If our guys come out with her energy we'll be fine :twisted:
Or she has gas… 😜

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Game 3 was a must-win for the Clips. I don't think we'll ever see that same level of effort and intensity out of them again, except for maybe if we get to a Game 7. Game 4 is much more winnable IMO. Chris Paul won't be as rusty, Booker will be a little more used to the mask, we may get Payne back, we may get Nader back, we can make some adjustments and learn some lessons from the whooping we took in Game 3.

Don't stop feeding Ayton after the 1st quarter. Attack the basket. Find open shooters. Defend without fouling. Single-coverage; stay at home on the 3-point shooters. Switch everything. Lots of minutes for Cam Johnson, who's been spectacular in this series.

I'm hopeful. Polly is hopeful.

Hey Furlanfufi, can we get a Maizena pic too, for additional good luck? :-)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We need to match their aggression. Throw some bows. Carter will be subbed in for a five minute stretch where George gets popped in the face which may or may not have been deliberate.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:23 am
We need to match their aggression. Throw some bows. Carter will be subbed in for a five minute stretch where George gets popped in the face which may or may not have been deliberate.
I'm not sure how it will help, but okay...

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:00 am
Superbone wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:23 am
I'm not sure how it will help, but okay...

Would that not distract the Clippers? Maybe sneak some in their hair when they're not looking?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Would everybody here be good with a Suns blowout? No drama?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Man, do I want to smash that smug look off the face on the right.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Point God and the Irritant in the same picture? That shows you how much the refs have controlled this series.
"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Several folks are suggesting Carter get some minutes. I like the idea of Nader if healthy enough and has shown enough in practice. The reason is his length and his ability to take it to the hole. The Clippers are going to play small but not midget ball. They have good size at every position with the exception of Beverly and Rondo. Not saying Carter might not be a good call but I would not be surprised to see Nader for a few minutes. I like Moore but he has had no impact.

We need to make Reggie Jackson uncomfortable. He is basically been the forgotten man in our defensive schemes and shooting wide open jump shots. Knock him on his ass and head butt him.

Go Suns
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yep, I'll take either Nader or Carter to go in and get a couple shots in (not necessarily at the hoop).
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Well stating the obvious.....
Ginormous Game

It felt good to wear my Booker shirt y'day. I'm the kinda guy more likely to wear after a Loss and let people know I still repping my team strong. So as great as our dominant win streak was where I had plenty of reasons to parade around lol, I think the opposite way 8-)

I tried to watch back some games from before to see if Book just missing, forcing or whatever. All I can see like most have said is that Beverly is basically getting to manhandle Book more smh. We have to limit his dribbling, don't think it makes sense having Book getting hounded bringing up the ball full court.
Get him on some cross screen action getting the ball low block or already in midrange, or go back to our dribble hand offs to get the ball in motion.

Someone mentioned Paul George might be resting on D but I remember saying during the game that his length was bothering CP3 and felt like he was on him quite a bit. Another matchup we'll have to pay attention to.

Our Others were decent, Dario was a little quiet and we didn't have Payne. Because we were down double digits it might be forgotten that we got the lead back down to 5 in the 4th and that is with how much Book n CP3 struggled.

It's still as simple as energy for me
Just gotta be "Bubble Suns" scrappy again which is half the battle and I will expect CP3 to bounce back as it relates to the X and O stuff #gamemanager

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I agree with the Jevon suggestion merely for defense
Moore might be solid but our O has been just Ok in his minutes while on D he really seems a step slow and a for sure liability.

I rather have the Bubble Bros Jevon n Payne, think EJ called them 94ft doing their thing for that few minutes
Chances are Monty will go back to Book-CP to mid first, Book-Payne to the end of first and start back with CP-Payne but yes if someone else gonna get a couple mins there I rather it be one of the defensive minded guys

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:51 pm

I tried to watch back some games from before to see if Book just missing, forcing or whatever. All I can see like most have said is that Beverly is basically getting to manhandle Book more smh. We have to limit his dribbling, don't think it makes sense having Book getting hounded bringing up the ball full court.
Get him on some cross screen action getting the ball low block or already in midrange, or go back to our dribble hand offs to get the ball in motion.
Depending on the Clips' lineup, we might want to try going smaller for added offense and ballhandlers. A perimeter of Paul, Payne and Book and then whomever else is necessary. We've gone with Book, 3 wings and DA with some success in the playoffs, maybe another attacking perimeter player could break that pressure coming from the Clips' backcourt?

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:57 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:51 pm

Depending on the Clips' lineup, we might want to try going smaller for added offense and ballhandlers. A perimeter of Paul, Payne and Book and then whomever else is necessary. We've gone with Book, 3 wings and DA with some success in the playoffs, maybe another attacking perimeter player could break that pressure coming from the Clips' backcourt?
I saw someone mentioning that on my timeline also as a possibility. I can only see it maybe to close the quarter going into half because obviously those are our 3 primary ball handlers so it would be interesting how Monty would stagger the minutes to make sure neither of them are on for too long a period and starting to tire

ShelC

Post by ShelC »