Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Suns @ Clippers Game 4, Sat June 26

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Charlie Smithy!

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Suns @ Clippers Game 4, Sat June 26

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

I still remember the 1995 series against the Rockets. Gotta approach every game like a game 7.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:47 pm
Yeah, we can’t mess around now. We need to get serious about finishing them off on Monday. We could use the rest before the Finals start. Plus, as close as these games have been with the Clippers, we can’t let up one iota. We do NOT want to go back to LA. If we can knock off the Clippers, I believe we’ll be only the third team to knock out both LA teams in the same playoffs.
Does that include the Suns in 2006?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hawks took home court away from the Bucks and are tied 1/1 and yet the odds makers give them a 6.3% chance compared to the Bucks 43.8%. That makes no sense to me.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:05 pm
George shot 25%

Bridges 13 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks. I say he’s contributing.
Yeah that is impressive. He has made it hard on Ayton.

Maybe it is the offense that is the problem. I just see Mikal as a capable shooter with the ability to take it to the hole. With Paul and Booker struggling I do not know why he isn't more involved on the offensive end.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:04 pm
Shout out to Saric who tapped the offensive rebound out to Paul off the George intentional miss to seal the deal.
I don’t what system is used over there but is 15:1 for clips to win the Series. I’ve hedged so if the nba wants to fuck us over at least I get paid.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Also gotta say, in all honesty, I don't think a Nash Era team wins a game like this.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

iLLmatic wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:27 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:45 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:57 pm
Beverly is going to hurt somebody even worse next game. They let him do whatever he wants and he still complains about it.
Yes, really hate his whining after his fouls.
T him up
Beverly is a complete piece of shit. He fouls, whines , flops he baits and the refs pretend like they’ve never seen his act before. Clippers keep instigating stuff and we get penalised. It’s been total joy to see him in games 2 and 4 puffing his chest out like they had the game won at the end only to see them piss it away. Get smith to come off the bench and punch him in face if a fan doesn’t do it first.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Can’t wait to see Shel’s twitter recap in the morning. I was just listening to Paul’s presser and when asked about Ayton he said, “I genuinely love him… and the person that he is.” He talked about how they had some heated conversations earlier in the season and how much he’s grown as the season has progressed.
"Be Legendary."

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

I was able to go to this game. Just got home and I'm exhausted and mentally wrung out, but I've got to say, it was the most beautiful terribly ugly game of basketball that I've ever seen live.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

BKinSJC wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:28 am
I was able to go to this game. Just got home and I'm exhausted and mentally wrung out, but I've got to say, it was the most beautiful terribly ugly game of basketball that I've ever seen live.
Looking forward to hearing more about it when you get a chance. Did you get to sit with other Suns fans? It sounded like the Suns fans presence was pretty large. Turnabout is fair play after all those years of Lakers fans in our arena. Glad to hear you didn’t get into any fist fights. :P
"Be Legendary."

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:19 am
Also gotta say, in all honesty, I don't think a Nash Era team wins a game like this.
Yeah impossible .. we had a garbage defence back then and we knew it, and no one was doing this:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:38 am
The old school titty twister!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Paul said Book is an old soul and that he’s the oldest 24 year old that he’s ever known. :D
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

I don’t know about you guys but I didn’t find the whistles to he so awful tonight. Were there missed calls? Absolutely. But I think they called Beverley for some of the stuff that he got away with in the first three games and that actually kept the physicality down a bit. Also thrilled to see that PG13 offensive foul when he extended his off arm.

We couldn’t make shots, that’s the bottom line.

We won, that’s the more important bottom line.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I agree about the officiating. Wasn't perfect, but at least it wasn't lopsided which is as good as NBA fans can hope for.

(Yes, I know I complain about 'make up calls'.)
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Also, I know it’s just after the game and adrenaline might be fairly elevated, but let’s not get too reactionary. Just because Mikal didn’t make shots doesn’t mean he’s become a worse player than he was a couple of games ago. Our own offense was fairly stagnant and predictable and nobody could make shots, and Mikal isn’t one of those guys who can just go get you a bucket off of an ISO. But the things he’s good at, he played spectacularly at. I’ve always been impressed with the team’s wing rebounding and he showed that in spades tonight.

Our two superstars over the past two games shot a combined 10/40 and 14/44 over these games and we walked away 1-1. I’m ecstatic. We will be fine and I look forward to putting a bow on this series next game.

The most hilarious play of the game has to be that second Counsins free throw. I had so much emotion pent up and he completely opened a release valve for me.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:50 am
I agree about the officiating. Wasn't perfect, but at least it wasn't lopsided which is as good as NBA fans can hope for.

With respect to the calls, what bothered me more was the reactions from the Clippers players after some of those extremely obvious fouls. Like that one on Zubac where he asked for a replay. It both rubs me the wrong way and suggests that they expect the calls to go their way which is bullshit.

I also agree with JVG that the people instigating these exchanges (dunno how that got autocorrected to newsrooms) that lead to techs should be penalized. There’s a whole replay center, are they expecting all these players to just turn the other cheek when they retaliate? If the league really wants to crack down on the altercations then they should penalize those who actually were the aggressors.
Last edited by pickle on Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I absolutely hope we blow them out of the water next game and run away with it Bucks game 2 style. However if it were a close game, I would enjoy it very much if our net margin this series were negative but we walk away with a 4-1 victory.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:00 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:50 am

With respect to the calls, what bothered me more was the reactions from the Clippers players after some of those extremely obvious fouls. Like that one on Zubac where he asked for a replay. It both rubs me the wrong way and suggests that they expect the calls to go their way which is bullshit.

I also agree with JVG that the people instigating these newsrooms that lead to techs should be penalized. There’s a whole replay center, are they expecting all these players to just turn the other cheek when they retaliate? If the league really wants to crack down on the altercations then they should penalize those who actually were the aggressors.
The Clippers act like they've never committed a foul in the history of basketball. Except for Beverley who'll pull off a perfect form tackle and then raise his hand after the whistle as if everyone watching didn't just see him nearly injure another opponent.

Zubac did the disbelieving act twice tonight. I got a chuckle out of the look Ty Lue gave him after seeing the replay.