Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 5 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/28/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 5 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/28/2021

Post by bajanguy008 »

Tuned in at work with us up 62 - 61 I believe when George made his funny step layup and then they went on a 10-0 run or something
I turned off to come back to being down 92 - 81 then we went on our run to cut it til 5. Just seen the final score and read the last two pages of this thread which obviously is tough to read. I might just watch it over in the morning instead :(
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

SunsRIt

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 5 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/28/2021

Post by SunsRIt »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:28 pm
Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:25 pm
Somebody has to say it though...Beverly is a little bitch...
Who hasn't said that?
I said that a long time ago.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:41 pm
None of the refs were looking at Bev when he was taunting after Paul fell?
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
How is that not a taunting technical on Beverely?
He should have been ejected either with a flagrant two and/or for celebrating the fact that he almost killed CP3. Disgusting person. Remember when he tried to kill CP3 undercutting him at halfcourt in the regular season and got a flagrant 2? How was this any better?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:58 pm
Ayton has been lazy tonight..maybe his first bad game of the playoffs
I still think it's a health issue. He always gets worn out by around game 4 or 5 of a series.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:46 pm
First bad game for DA, he looked like Rudy against the Clippers out there tonight. Honestly I’d match their small lineup with our own small lineup. Go ahead and start Ayton, see if he can take advantage, but I’d pull him early if he can’t and bring him in against Cousins, or Zubac if he plays.

The fact that the clippers can play pretty much every defensive style is giving us problems.
How can he take advantage if he doesn't touch the ball? There were at least 5 times he actually called for the ball and they still wouldn't give it to him!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:41 pm
ShelC wrote:
None of the refs were looking at Bev when he was taunting after Paul fell?
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
How is that not a taunting technical on Beverely?
He should have been ejected either with a flagrant two and/or for celebrating the fact that he almost killed CP3. Disgusting person. Remember when he tried to kill CP3 undercutting him at halfcourt in the regular season and got a flagrant 2? How was this any better?
Jae's Closerout/Finger poke was way worse. Mark Jackson was calling for him to be thrown in jail because of it.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:43 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:46 pm
First bad game for DA, he looked like Rudy against the Clippers out there tonight. Honestly I’d match their small lineup with our own small lineup. Go ahead and start Ayton, see if he can take advantage, but I’d pull him early if he can’t and bring him in against Cousins, or Zubac if he plays.

The fact that the clippers can play pretty much every defensive style is giving us problems.
How can he take advantage if he doesn't touch the ball? There were at least 5 times he actually called for the ball and they still wouldn't give it to him!
He doesn't really have any post moves. He has that fadeway or jump hook. It was disappointing he kept trying to tip the ball to himself instead of grabing it.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I also want to shout out Cam Johnson. I think him and Book were only two that came to play tonight. Book was abused defensively, but the Suns did no favors by putting him on smaller guys constantly and not fighting threw switches.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:35 pm
Tuned in at work with us up 62 - 61 I believe when George made his funny step layup and then they went on a 10-0 run or something
I turned off to come back to being down 92 - 81 then we went on our run to cut it til 5. Just seen the final score and read the last two pages of this thread which obviously is tough to read. I might just watch it over in the morning instead :(
You just happened to turn it on for our one lead of the game!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Clippers made some adjustments. They didn’t start a Center once again. Ayton chewed up the boards when they did that before. The Clippers figured out that the Suns never push the ball so, they decided to gang rebound not having to worry about being burned on a fast break and it worked great.

Ayton comes out and Cousins comes in and scores at will…again being guarded by Sarić.

Paul George scored at will.

They attacked Booker with Morris to start the game and he scored at will until they finally doubled him.

The Suns offense has been bogged down. Pass the ball around the three point line until someone chucks up something. Never ever under any circumstance run a fast break or push the ball at all.

Awful game.

Monty was out coached big time imo.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

The pace needs to be picked up, I agree with that.

Also Paul was not as agressive as he needed to be against that soft zone. We ran High PnR and he could have had a 17 footer every time and passed on it.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

I want to see a more aggressive Paul next game. His shot was falling, there's no reason he shouldn't have been

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, he was wide open but looking to pass. Time for him to take over in Game 6! Come on!
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tuned in at work with us up 62 - 61 I believe when George made his funny step layup....
That's called a traveling violation, but I'm sure you already know that.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Chris Paul was 8-13 from two, 0-6 from three.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:23 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Tuned in at work with us up 62 - 61 I believe when George made his funny step layup....
If only the refs knew that…
"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:56 pm

Also Paul was not as agressive as he needed to be against that soft zone. We ran High PnR and he could have had a 17 footer every time and passed on it.
Simple. Suns are thinking they won. Clippers fought for their lives.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:56 pm

Simple. Suns are thinking they won. Clippers fought for their lives.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:33 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:23 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
If only the refs knew that…
Which traveling violations they choose to call is infuriating. They called one on Cam Johnson that was very minor and gave him basically zero advantage against the defender.

Paul George literally skips into his defender and not only do they not call the travel, but they also award him with drawing a foul.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Did you see the one where George took about 5 steps before we came up with a steal and no call from the refs?