Game Day, Playoff Edition — WCF: Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ LA Clippers, Wed 6/30/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
pickle

Re: Game Day, Playoff Edition — WCF: Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ LA Clippers, Wed 6/30/2021

Post by pickle »

Maybe not the best idea to have another grown man’s face in permanent ink on your friend’s body…? Maybe just the hand gesture and the slogan? Anyway don’t mind me. Just thinking out loud.

Danimal

Re: Game Day, Playoff Edition — WCF: Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ LA Clippers, Wed 6/30/2021

Post by Danimal »

Gladiator wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:41 am
Danimal wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:03 am
Any Australia based suns fans here?
That would be me. Time zone difference is a killer for work productivity!
Based on the north?

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:59 am
I’ve got first round if it does.

HK? Hong Kong?
Yup -- haven't seen my folks in 18 months -- just seeing if I can get back into HK. And the Suns would he a nice cherry on top.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

AbeVroman wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:39 pm
I haven't been around in a long time and my login and password still work! Kudos to phxsuns.net and thank you for your site over the many many years.

Great to see all your names and read all your takes! It's like visiting old family.

Let's finish this off and finally get what we have long sought. What an incredible finish by Chris Paul.

This means so much for our team, our fans and our city. I love seeing the SUNS fans the world over making their voices heard.

LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!
Good to see you back, Abe! What a special moment for our Suns. Glad we can celebrate it together.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:03 pm
Gladiator wrote:
Danimal wrote:
Based on the north?
In SA. The US evening games are mid morning tip-offs for me, which is tough to manage.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Gladiator wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:40 am
Danimal wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:03 pm
Gladiator wrote:
Danimal wrote:
Based on the north?
In SA. The US evening games are mid morning tip-offs for me, which is tough to manage.
Well hot dog that’s where I’m from. Don’t live there though. Hard to find suns fans in oz since the end of the nash era

My bus went past a guy on the street in a suns shirt. I almost demanded the bus driver stopped so I could get out and say hi to a complete stranger.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

There sure aren’t many Suns fans here (yet). It has been a wild ride this season and so great to have this place to share it with.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Still am always amazed just how Global this board is
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Well, the Suns fans in Brazil are appearing on twitter more and more.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

da_suns_fan wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:15 pm
Where were you last time the Suns were in the Finals?

I was at boy scout camp. I was 12.

Im now 40.
I was 9 years old (not big into basketball yet), but I can remember standing in Sky Harbor Airport (near the gate where my grandma was going back home) watching the end of Game 6 on a small TV screen hanging above the seats, and the John Paxson shot completely drained the life out of everyone in the airport (and of course in the arena down the road as well). My older sister describes the atmosphere as "it was as if somebody had died." I remember the sadness, pain, and disappointment just well enough to be able to appreciate another shot in the Finals all the more. And of course, I remember all of the painful moments between then and now. I really became an avid follower and fan of the Suns during the second round Rockets series in 1994, after listening to Al McCoy on the radio. I still to this day, sync up Al's call with the TV feed (either by connecting the radio to my computer and delaying it, or by using NBA.com audio league pass).

Here is a photo of me on my 10th birthday with my homemade Suns cake :lol:

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:47 am
Still am always amazed just how Global this board is
Love it!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:42 am
da_suns_fan wrote:

Im now 40.
I was 9 years old (not big into basketball yet), but I can remember standing in Sky Harbor Airport (near the gate where my grandma was going back home) watching the end of Game 6 on a small TV screen hanging above the seats, and the John Paxson shot completely drained the life out of everyone in the airport (and of course in the arena down the road as well). My older sister describes the atmosphere as "it was as if somebody had died." I remember the sadness, pain, and disappointment just well enough to be able to appreciate another shot in the Finals all the more. And of course, I remember all of the painful moments between then and now. I really became an avid follower and fan of the Suns during the second round Rockets series in 1994, after listening to Al McCoy on the radio. I still to this day, sync up Al's call with the TV feed (either by connecting the radio to my computer and delaying it, or by using NBA.com audio league pass).

That's awesome! This Suns run is for all of us diehard Suns fan kids who are now adults.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

All-Access: Suns advance to 2021 NBA Finals

https://www.nba.com/watch/video/phoenix ... nba-finals

Antilles

Post by Antilles »

International fan here too.

I‘m from Austria.
Long time lurker, hardly ever talk/write because there is hardly anything I could contribute meaningfull most of the time. Probably if Poeltl was a Sun, mabe then.
Anyways, I was a member of the old site, I remember sose, Mee, swingman…
This site was my #1 resource for getting info on the Suns for a long time. I follow the Suns since 93, like some others here too.

Two things:
1.) about the fights (suns in 4 guy, etc). Here in Europe sports (soccer and basketball, etc.) is totally different, especially in continental Europe. The atmosphere is far mor hostile (often boarderline violent) and obviously there is much more police at the games than in the US. There are ALWAYS cops in riot gear at soccer games in Europe.
I attended a few sports events in the US during my summer holidays. But that was baseball, so other sports events might be a little different. I only saw one nba game in Chicago, went to see a Bulls game vs Orlando. But the fans were boring, really boring.
You might need to change your policies if those fights continue to happen.

As being said, it‘s different here.

2.) this Suns team reminds me of the 2004 RedSox. This is a „true“ team, not just a group of individuals who happen to work together, there are no mercenaries on this team. And that‘s why we are blessed to witness something truly special.
I enjoy the ride.

Go Suns!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I noticed this Live and was just smh with a big grin
I think he knows the person though and was probably like yea we know what's coming more than jawing with a random fan

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Awww shucks 🥺🥺

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:07 pm
I noticed this Live and was just smh with a big grin
I think he knows the person though and was probably like yea we know what's coming more than jawing with a random fan

He probably says to them, "Watch this..." as Paul drains the three.
"Be Legendary."

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:42 am
da_suns_fan wrote:

Im now 40.

Yep. It was just disbelief. How could they lose?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I haven't heard this mentioned at all: Has a player ever led his team to the Finals in his first playoffs, as the team's leading scorer?

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

I really want to buy this flag that I keep seeing. Its the same as this.

Anyone see it anywhere?