SUNS NEWS: 2021 FINALS EDITION SUNS vs BUCKS

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: SUNS NEWS: 2021 FINALS EDITION SUNS vs BUCKS

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Nothing like getting smashed in the face to wake you up. Booker was off and sat out a lot of the second half. Monty had a chat with him before that. I wonder how that went.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:58 pm
Nothing like getting smashed in the face to wake you up. Booker was off and sat out a lot of the second half. Monty had a chat with him before that. I wonder how that went.
I think going into last night's game, nobody had played more playoff minutes than him this season. And that isn't per game. That is total. Even though the Bucks played an extra game. If we are going to lose game 3, I am fine with Book getting some rest (even though his 'rest' game was still 29 minutes).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:06 am
Nodack wrote:
I think going into last night's game, nobody had played more playoff minutes than him this season. And that isn't per game. That is total. Even though the Bucks played an extra game. If we are going to lose game 3, I am fine with Book getting some rest (even though his 'rest' game was still 29 minutes).
Agreed. Like I said before, he looked really tired in the previous day's press conferences.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I just secured tickets to game 5. I am pretty sure my family could have gone on a decent 10 day vacation , all-in, for the same price. Suns, don't let me down!

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Indy's in here making everyone jealous lol

Indy

Post by Indy »

ha not my intent. i just want to represent phxsuns.net

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:25 am
Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Agreed. Like I said before, he looked really tired in the previous day's press conferences.
He should have out-Popped Pop and just sat Booker and Ayton (and Craig) the whole game. Imagine playing mind games like that, and getting your guys 6 days of rest in the Finals. Meanwhile, the Bucks still wouldn't know if they could beat you at full strength.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:13 pm
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:
He should have out-Popped Pop and just sat Booker and Ayton (and Craig) the whole game. Imagine playing mind games like that, and getting your guys 6 days of rest in the Finals. Meanwhile, the Bucks still wouldn't know if they could beat you at full strength.
Sure knowing how the game turned out. But if he would have done that, everyone (including all of us) would have eviscerated him.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:22 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:13 pm
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Sure knowing how the game turned out. But if he would have done that, everyone (including all of us) would have eviscerated him.
For a few days yes. But not if we won the championship in 5 games. It's about knowing your guys, likely knowing Book was exhausted, knowing Foster is officiating, and doing what's most likely to result in a championship. Admittedly, it would take bigger balls than any coach has ever had in history, and just not caring about fines or optics or what anybody thinks.

(And I bet some would have cheered the move as a protest to the league about Foster.)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Why would Book be exhausted? They had 2 days rest between the game. They get another 2 days between game 3 & 4. Maybe I'm off, but I don't understand why Book would be so tired.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Dunker Spot podcast made me feel a bit better today.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:41 pm
Why would Book be exhausted? They had 2 days rest between the game. They get another 2 days between game 3 & 4. Maybe I'm off, but I don't understand why Book would be so tired.
He's averaging over 40 mpg in 19 games in the playoffs. He's not used to those kind of minutes and he's never played in the postseason at all before. I don't think it's unreasonable for him to be fatigued, although we have had more breaks than some teams.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:47 pm
Por que?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I am shocked that "Booker was benched" became a story. We were down by 22 points to start the 4th quarter after cutting it to 4. There was no way we were winning that game and Monty probably knew Book just didn't have it. I wouldn't even call it a "benching." It was a blowout loss. If anything he should have pulled Paul and others sooner.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:25 pm
I am shocked that "Booker was benched" became a story. We were down by 22 points to start the 4th quarter after cutting it to 4. There was no way we were winning that game and Monty probably knew Book just didn't have it. I wouldn't even call it a "benching." It was a blowout loss. If anything he should have pulled Paul and others sooner.
Logically I think that is fair. He left for his normal rest (kind of--he really hasn't been resting between 3rd/4th Q lately) at the end of the 3rd. By 45 seconds into the 4th the lead was 25 points. And we never got closer than 19 before the game was basically over.

I agree he should have pulled Paul sooner. I hope that was Monty's decision and not Paul's.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:57 pm
Indy wrote:
Por que?
I won't be able to do it much justice. They both are a thousand times more knowledgeable than me, and a lot smarter. But they both agreed that it was more of a scheme that we went away from, and should be correctable. Both still pick Suns in 6 (same as before the series started). So I am going to stick with thinking they are really smart. :)
Last edited by Indy on Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:42 pm
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:57 pm
Indy wrote:
Por que?
I won't be able to do it must justice. They both are a thousand times more knowledgeable than me, and a lot smarter. But they both agreed that it was more of a scheme that we went away from, and should be correctable. Both still pick Suns in 6 (same as before the series started). So I am going to stick with thinking they are really smart. :)
Nah I think Smithy just isn't familiar with what/who you're referencing more than the opinion.
I could be wrong but yea In Nekias n Steve I Trust lol
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Well yea....
No Bueno

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

pickle

Post by pickle »

I’m a little more worried about Paul than Booker. He has had some uncharacteristic turnovers in the last two games. Our 20/40 from 3 in game two masked those mistakes. Shooting 31% from 3 this last game and Jrue getting hot and those whistles on Ayton buried us in game three.