SUNS NEWS: 2021 FINALS EDITION SUNS vs BUCKS

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: SUNS NEWS: 2021 FINALS EDITION SUNS vs BUCKS

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Cam Payne has a hard time with Zach Zarba.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

FWIW

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Maybe Flex does have sources

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Seems about right to me. It's a small miracle he didn't require surgery after the way that injury looked when it happened.

I want Giannis to play because I think it's worse for the Bucks right now, but I fear he'll more seriously injure himself if he pushes it too soon.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don't know. They seem to play pretty well without him too and cause different issues. It makes Holiday and Lopez a lot more aggressive.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think they play better without him. Maybe a 65% Giannis would be good for us. Paul playing with a bum shoulder hurt us. AD trying to play hurt him and his team. I would think they hold him out for at least the first two games to see where they stand, which gives him several more days to mend before risking his health. They have been playing well without him. I would plan mostly for him not playing in game one at least.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:35 pm
I don't know. They seem to play pretty well without him too and cause different issues. It makes Holiday and Lopez a lot more aggressive.
Without him, the offense is a lot more egalitarian, and Lopez playing in the post is something that caught Atlanta by surprise for sure. I also think it takes the pressure off of Holiday and Middleton, neither of whom is agnostic to the environment type of scorer but both quite talented. But it does hurt their defense to have one fewer 7 footer with massive wingspan, and hurts their already precarious depth situation even more, and takes the pressure off Ayton in terms of foul trouble.

Ayton should be able to handle Lopez in the paint, and protect the boards in the process, though Portis crashing the offensive rebounds is something we need to be very mindful of. I don't think Lopez can put up anywhere near his ECF G5 numbers with Ayton in the paint, and we just need to keep Middleton and Holiday to the mid 20s and keep the role players at bay -- as in, don't give Portis 22 pts or Forbes 17 on 5/6 from 3...

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

I fear the Bucks more without Giannis. He's a beast going downhill, but Middleton is harder to guard.
And we always can let Giannis shoot every 3 available and foul him if needed.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:13 pm
Seems about right to me. It's a small miracle he didn't require surgery after the way that injury looked when it happened.

I want Giannis to play because I think it's worse for the Bucks right now, but I fear he'll more seriously injure himself if he pushes it too soon.
I want the man to play because (a) the Suns would probably beat them either way; (b) he deserves his time in the spotlight; and (c) I like the kid and I'd be rooting for him if he weren't playing the Suns.

That being said, MIL should hold him out if there's a non-insignificant risk of further injury. Although I also agree that the Bucks would be weaker with a 65% Giannis than no Giannis at all.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

What's this about Lopez's rebounding? He literally averaged 4.0 rebounds in the ECF, and is averaging 6.1 for the playoffs.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Just gotta say, for all the crap we give our medical team, we’ve pretty easily been the most healthy team this season, right?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I've also thought about the medical/training staff in recent weeks. Gotta give them a ton of credit.

But ZoomCare and WebMD jokes are still fun to make.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Probably the most underrated move James Jones made was to let Aaron Nelson go to the Pelicans. Nelson was great for many many years. But I think his time had come. I think we have a much more up to date medical staff now because of it. Add on top of it the new practice facility and there's the reason we're as healthy as we are. I remember listening to a podcast about James Jones even before he became our GM about how he read the technology section of the paper everyday. That's why I found it interesting when he let Nelson go. I think he wanted to incorporate newer ideas and technology into our training and that was probably easier to do with some fresher minds.

Cap

Post by Cap »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:11 pm
And a little movement in the betting lines.

Game 1:
 -250 (67.8%) Suns
 +195 (32.2%) Bucks

Championship:
 -190 (63.5%) Suns
 +165 (36.5%) Bucks

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:13 pm
I've also thought about the medical/training staff in recent weeks. Gotta give them a ton of credit.

But ZoomCare and WebMD jokes are still fun to make.
We also have one of the youngest teams in the league. And unlike any other contender, we didn't play any playoff games last year, so our young legs are fresher.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:21 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:37 pm
Since Bridges struggles guarding Middleton, maybe we could put Crowder on Middleton, Ayton on Giannis, and Bridges on Lopez.
I would keep Ayton on Lopez, to avoid foul problems and keep him as defensive anchor in general, instead of first line of defense against Giannis. Let him face Crowder and mix it up with some Craig, specially while he still on a gimpy leg. For Middleton you can throw Bridges, CamJ, Nader and also some Craig as well. We can put size, length, speed or fundamentals on Middleton to keep him from getting confortable.
I don't remember Mikal struggling with Middleton. I looked up their stats. Pretty good, but Jae was better, but in much more limited minutes. Jae only guarded him for 2 minutes on those 6 shots, where Mikal was over 8 minutes for his 9 shots.

Against/FG%
Mikal 44% (4-9)
Book 83% (5-6)
Paul 50% (3-6)
Jae 17% (1-6)
Rest 50% (4-8)

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:21 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Since Bridges struggles guarding Middleton, maybe we could put Crowder on Middleton, Ayton on Giannis, and Bridges on Lopez.
I would keep Ayton on Lopez, to avoid foul problems and keep him as defensive anchor in general, instead of first line of defense against Giannis. Let him face Crowder and mix it up with some Craig, specially while he still on a gimpy leg. For Middleton you can throw Bridges, CamJ, Nader and also some Craig as well. We can put size, length, speed or fundamentals on Middleton to keep him from getting confortable.
I don't remember Mikal struggling with Middleton. I looked up their stats. Pretty good, but Jae was better, but in much more limited minutes. Jae only guarded him for 2 minutes on those 6 shots, where Mikal was over 8 minutes for his 9 shots.

Against/FG%
Mikal 44% (4-9)
Book 83% (5-6)
Paul 50% (3-6)
Jae 17% (1-6)
Rest 50% (4-8)
I was referring to this tweet that was posted:

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:51 pm
What’s so bad about Zarba? Honestly I don’t buy into almost all of the ref stuff. They have tendencies, sure, but I think most are trying to be as fair as possible.

Foster though…he clearly has an issue with Paul. He may even believe that he’s able to call those games fair, but the evidence seems to point otherwise, even if he’s not aware he’s being biased.
Yeah, Foster and Marc Davis are the ones I think have a vendetta. Zarba doesn't seem to bother me much.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:39 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:21 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Against/FG%
Mikal 44% (4-9)
Book 83% (5-6)
Paul 50% (3-6)
Jae 17% (1-6)
Rest 50% (4-8)
I was referring to this tweet that was posted:

Ah the numbers I had above are just from this year.