GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 2 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS THURSDAY, 7/8/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 2 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS THURSDAY, 7/8/2021

Post by Wally_West »

Time: 6:00 pm AZ (6:00 pm PT/9:00 pm ET)
Place: Phoenix Suns Arena, Phoenix, AZ
TV: ABC

LETS BEAT THESE MOTHERF&@$%#K3RS

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss

pickle

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 2 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS THURSDAY, 7/8/2021

Post by pickle »

Go Suns!

Would love to see Craig make his impact felt this game. And Crowder of course. But secretly I’m hoping Booker and Crowder each play a fantastic game in Milwaukee instead. So Craig and Payne for game 2 please.

jonh

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 2 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS THURSDAY, 7/8/2021

Post by jonh »

Expecting to see a desperate Bucks team- they can’t go down 2-0 and hope to win the series. I’ll be really interested to see how many minutes Lopez gets, and who gets Saric’s minutes.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Also a little worried about reffing. But I guess at this point I’m just being insecure. Go Suns! Weather whatever is coming ahead and get three more wins!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Let’s bag us another Buck! 2-0, here we come. We have our sights set on it!
"Be Legendary."

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

It's time for Torrey Craig to make the Bucks regret for letting him go.

There's something we call here "the law of the exes". Every player is bound to have a monster game against his former team.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I find it interesting the 5.5 point spread for this game is identical to the pre-Giannis announcement point spread before Game 1. I will cry laughing if Scott Foster is announced as an official for Game 2 and the spread swings 5 points in the Bucks favor.

My own made up prop bet is Over/Under 13.5 FTA for Giannis in Game 2. 14 is the most he's shot in a game this postseason. (He was 19-24 in a home game against the Kings in February. :lol:)

I'm genuinely worried about filling Dario's role and production. I think my first post about this series was how the Suns depth should put them over the top, and even though the box score doesn't always show it, Dario was critical in his role for this team. My optimistic side is excited to see what Cam Johnson will do in a broader role.

If I know Monty like I think I do, Frank will get some minutes, but I'm curious if he'll ever cut the rotation to 8 and only really play Cam 2X, and Craig off the bench. Might see a Doolie sprinkle in there if he goes the small route.

I was worried about Lopez going into Game 1. He was good offensively, but I overestimated his defensive ability. He was bad and visibly frustrated on that end when having to defend Paul or Booker.

I'm expecting Budenholzer will start Portis or Connaughton and use Lopez as the sixth man to match the Suns non-Ayton minutes. Lopez has to play real minutes for them, so they'd be smart to at least try to maximize his production on one end of the floor even if it means he's giving up pretty comfortable jumpers to the Suns guards.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:49 pm
It's time for Torrey Craig to make the Bucks regret for letting him go.

There's something we call here "the law of the exes". Every player is bound to have a monster game against his former team.
Americans call it "The (Player) Revenge Game". Yours is much more creative.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If the Suns are healthy I don’t see them losing. Paul is back to prime form and Booker is almost back. Ayton has been great. If those three are on it’s all but over. If Crowder, Bridges, Johnson, Craig, Payne or even Kaminsky get hot that would be gravy.

Giannis had a great game and it wasn’t enough. I expect a repeat of game 1.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Polly wants to see her Suns go up 2-0! GO SUNS!!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Does she like crackers?

pickle

Post by pickle »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:31 am
If the Suns are healthy I don’t see them losing. Paul is back to prime form and Booker is almost back. Ayton has been great. If those three are on it’s all but over. If Crowder, Bridges, Johnson, Craig, Payne or even Kaminsky get hot that would be gravy.

Giannis had a great game and it wasn’t enough. I expect a repeat of game 1.
I like what we did and genuinely think that game 2 is ours to lose, but I don't think Giannis had a great game by his standards. After being whistled (rightfully) for that push off under the basket on Crowder he was much more tentative attacking the basket, and he never showed off that spin move he makes to get to the rim. He definitely has another gear.

Holiday also had a decidedly subpar game, so let's see if he puts more pressure on the rim.

The one way things could go south for us is Ayton foul trouble. A fair bit depends on the referee situation there, unfortunately.

Our guys can also play better, compared to what they put up in game one, so I'm still optimistic, which goes against every fiber in me as a Suns fan.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm expecting Budenholzer will start Portis or Connaughton and use Lopez as the sixth man to match the Suns non-Ayton minutes. Lopez has to play real minutes for them, so they'd be smart to at least try to maximize his production on one end of the floor even if it means he's giving up pretty comfortable jumpers to the Suns guards.
I've been thinking the same thing with Bud maybe changing the starting lineup and using Lopez against our smaller bench now. Bud hasn't typically been great at adjustments tho.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I expect Frank will play a small stretch in the first half and then the rotation will tighten in the 2nd and no Frank…just like last game. Hopefully Frank is a little better tonight…think Milwaukee went on a 7-0 run as soon as he entered.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I wish we'd give Stix some real run. Why not? He can't be much worse than Kaminsky. Put him out there for 5 minutes and let him try.

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim »

Bucks will definitely try to make adjustments. Since CP burned them so bad they might focus more on him (if that's even possible) and slack off on others. The problem for them is this team has enough talent or others that can get hot and burn you that I think its a failing plan. I think Ayton was the key to the game 1 win and what scares me is if they concentrate on him and he ends up in foul trouble. Even worse is having Saric out.

Indy

Post by Indy »

No Foster tonight... The longer we go without getting him, the less likely we get him twice.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:18 am
I wish we'd give Stix some real run. Why not? He can't be much worse than Kaminsky. Put him out there for 5 minutes and let him try.
We didn't lose any ground with Frank on the floor last game. I doubt we can do that with Smith. He can play that victory cigar role until Summer League.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Seems crazy we didn’t lose any ground with Frank…Milwaukee went on a 7-0 run with him out there, but we must have gone on a run of our own either right before that or after, Frank wasn’t out there long

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Don't forget, we went 11-2 this season with Frank starting....