GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 4 — PHOENIX SUNS @ MILWAUKEE BUCKS WEDNESDAY, 7/14/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 4 — PHOENIX SUNS @ MILWAUKEE BUCKS WEDNESDAY, 7/14/2021

Post by Nodack »

A nice competitive game and we are all tied up. The officiating has been not so great. Missing calls on both ends. Time to come home and see if we can’t get some home cooking.

Flagrant Fowl

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 4 — PHOENIX SUNS @ MILWAUKEE BUCKS WEDNESDAY, 7/14/2021

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

If the Suns had won Game 4 we'd have nothing but talk about Booker's uncalled 6th foul for 72 hours, and I think the Game 5 officiating would be affected by that discourse.

Of course we'd all feel better after a win in Game 4, but will it really matter if the series ends up with a 3-2 Suns in either scenario?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Frustrating loss. Up 9 with five minutes to go and you can't seal the deal ? Damn. 😠
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Booker stepped up big-time. CP3 has to bring it.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:42 pm
This is making the rounds a bit because of Dario's reaction to Monty's words. Seems like he goes thru every emotion possible from the start of the speech until the end lol.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:57 pm
Fuuuuuck my nerves.
Right? My chest is warm.
Guys, I had a heart attack. I’m not kidding. I’m posting from my hospital room.

When I wrote that, I had a tightness in my chest that I had never experienced before. Talk about a diehard fan!

After the game, it just kept hitting me and freaking me out and getting more and more painful. Called my mom and she said to call 911. Never done that before. They took me to the hospital and then eventually did arthroscopic surgery through my wrist, up my arm, and through my shoulder to insert a stint in the affected artery.

Should be getting sent home late this morning or early afternoon.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:13 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:54 pm
Also, is Ayton really going to be awesome all playoffs and then go back to regular season Ayton with only 2 wins to go? He has not been good the last 2
I missed most of the first half, so maybe there was something there as evidence of your point.

He defended Giannis about as well as anyone could. 17 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 blocks is a lot better than his regular season form.
First half ayton sucked last night. He was passive. He got a lot of boards, but he wasn't fighting and was jogging around the court.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:17 am
Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Fuuuuuck my nerves.
Right? My chest is warm.

When I wrote that, I had a tightness in my chest that I had never experienced before. Talk about a diehard fan!

After the game, it just kept hitting me and freaking me out and getting more and more painful. Called my mom and she said to call 991. Never done that before. They took me to the hospital and then eventually did arthroscopic surgery through my wrist, up my arm, and through my shoulder to insert a stint in the affected artery.

WTF! glad you called your mom! lifesaver!

I hope you recover quickly

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

No more Suns games for 'Bone!

Seriously, hope you're doing ok!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:54 pm
Also, is Ayton really going to be awesome all playoffs and then go back to regular season Ayton with only 2 wins to go? He has not been good the last 2
Ayton missed some bunnies that he normally would make, but I thought he was pretty big all night with his rebounding and defense around the rim. He can't do it by himself though. Book only had 1 rb, CP3 is normally a really good rebounder for his size, but just wasn't involved most of the game on the boards.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Fuuuuuck my nerves.
Right? My chest is warm.

After the game, it just kept hitting me and freaking me out and getting more and more painful. Called my mom and she said to call 991. Never done that before. They took me to the hospital and then eventually did arthroscopic surgery through my wrist, up my arm, and through my shoulder to insert a stint in the affected artery.

Damn, Supe. I'm happy you are ok enough after that to post here. Heal up.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Uncle_Gene wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:40 am
Frustrating loss. Up 9 with five minutes to go and you can't seal the deal ? Damn. 😠
Usually, that's CP3's time where he just seals the deal and kills teams, and he did that, but it was the Suns that he killed.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:25 am
If the Suns had won Game 4 we'd have nothing but talk about Booker's uncalled 6th foul for 72 hours, and I think the Game 5 officiating would be affected by that discourse.

Of course we'd all feel better after a win in Game 4, but will it really matter if the series ends up with a 3-2 Suns in either scenario?
I agree with all of this, but would we be talking about the 6th foul if they called the ball out of bounds on Tucker, like it obviously was? That 5th foul wouldn't have happened.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:44 am
Uncle_Gene wrote:
Usually, that's CP3's time where he just seals the deal and kills teams, and he did that, but it was the Suns that he killed.
you still think he committed a federal crime by throwing the game for the bucks?

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Fuuuuuck my nerves.
Right? My chest is warm.

Whoaaa
Yikes :? :shock:

Glad you're Ok man and it just goes to show, most of us had to be somewhere between depressed to totally pissed off "about the game". Some may have been able to keep perspective and not trip but this is just a reminder to everyone what's an actual dramatic occurrence....

Stay safe everyone. We still got this 💪
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:58 am
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:44 am
Uncle_Gene wrote:
you still think he committed a federal crime by throwing the game for the bucks?
No, his left wrist is clearly hurting him. It was very out of character and skill level that we are used to. He just doesn't look right, but Monty keeps saying that he's fine and not injured.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Uncle_Gene wrote:
9 point lead was when Cam hit a 3 to start the 4th. Didn’t have a lead bigger than 5 in the final 8 minutes.

Honestly should have played Booker, even with 5 fouls. He was carrying our offense and Bucks couldn’t stop him. I’d rather push that lead to double digits and then try and hold on if he fouls out. Letting them slowly catch up and then bringing Booker back when the lead was gone didn’t work. Think Booker was a bit out of rhythm by then.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Fuuuuuck my nerves.
Right? My chest is warm.

Oh wow. Glad you were able to get help. Praying for your recovery!
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Fuuuuuck my nerves.
Right? My chest is warm.

Damn dude get well soon!