Game Day: NBA Finals Edition — Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ Milwaukee Bucks, Tuesday 7/20/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Uncle_Gene

Re: Game Day: NBA Finals Edition — Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ Milwaukee Bucks, Tuesday 7/20/2021

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Tough Loss !

I'm dejected right now. Wanted the Suns to win it bad. Suns have to get better defensively. They had no answer for Giannis. James Jones has to bring more size to this team. Monte Williams showed a lot of class by going to the Bucks locker room and congratulating them.

Suns don't need any more young players (IMO), they need some size. Ayton and Kaminski wasn't enough. Losing game 5 and giving up home court stung hard. James Jones has to get some bigs and Suns have to learn from this and get better.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

Gladiator

Re: Game Day: NBA Finals Edition — Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ Milwaukee Bucks, Tuesday 7/20/2021

Post by Gladiator »

This one (the Finals series) is going to sting for a long time. Looking around the league at some of the stacked teams, realistically we may not get a better shot to win one for quite some time.
That feels awfully pessimistic to write, but is how I feel right now. It was a helluva season but reflecting on that, for me, is for another day. Just really flat right now.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:41 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:36 pm
phatmike wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:59 pm
Well, can't ask for more I suppose. Tied going into the fourth.
Yep. It all came down to the last quarter. I think our youth finally caught up to us. That and Crowder couldn’t hit a wide open three to save his life.
I think you've mistaken him for Devin Booker.
No. I think Book missed 1 open three, maybe 2. I counted at least 4 WIDE open Crowder missed threes. He was wide open because he wasn’t Book.
"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

I wouldnt give cp3 the max or overpay...

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

Hey I've processed it, I'm glad it was the Bucks and not some superteam like the nets... Giannis played his ass off (and got all the calls) .. so they deserve it... Our guys will learn from it, we just gotta come back and do it better... we're back in the hunt and it feels good to be a Suns fan again.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Oatmeal

Post by Oatmeal »

That was a good run, was hard to watch the last few, Devin Booker is a stud, Ayton however, still wanna trade him for KAT.

Giannis is a bad motherfucker man, what a monster.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Hard fought game that again came down to a few possessions. Bridges missed a dunk on a break, Book and Bridges didn't connect on a fastbreak finish, and Book overthrew Cam Johnson on a break. 6 points there and CP missed the tech FT from Portis in a game we lost by 7. Obviously it wasn't just those plays, but that's how close it can get at this point. We missed out on those 3-4 plays for the last few games and it was the difference.

Their size was a factor and something we just couldn't adjust to or counteract. I thought Monty could've gone to guys like Payne and Frank more in the series but I also understand him tightening up the rotation because that's what coaches do in the playoffs. Maybe Cam Payne could've given us more scoring. Maybe Frank more size and more of the little things up front that DA isn't so good at yet. Thought Mikal, Cam Johnson, Jae, Torrey, DA all did what they could defensively. Saric would've helped off the bench but I doubt we would've played him with DA and that's where we needed the other big(s) - next to DA.

I thought the refs were fine, it was a physical game but there were bad calls and non-calls for both teams.

I think the Bucks' experience helped them along the way. I'm impressed at how they fought thru the playoffs despite looking dead in the water a few times. Bud was on the hotseat against the Nets, Giannis with the knee injury coming into this series; but they did seem to get stronger and improve against us while we couldn't match their energy at times and were stifled by their defense.

Looking back, we probably celebrated a little too hard after the Clips series. That should serve us well in the future.

It's OK to be disappointed we lost but I don't think fans should be shit talking players or throwing guys under the bus. It was a great run and we've got a legit young core to continue building around. We have some flaws and kinks we need to work out but let's enjoy the quick turnaround and success we've had. It was really ugly just 2 years ago so to make the jump to the Finals (regardless of how we got there) with a bulk of the team having never even made the playoffs is an amazing accomplishment.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Obviously like most, my mind still all over the place but taking a moment away from the game

Man I was just remembered Torrey situation and I'm not even sure if I was him how I will feel receiving the Ring now. It means so much to those guys to have accomplished that but his unique circumstances....
That's a rough one, does he even want to be acknowledged before a game like other former players do ?
If it was you would you even display it at your home ?

Yea there are a couple months fore then so the pain might not be as fresh but I really don't know what I would do tbh
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:58 pm
The Suns went further than anyone on planet earth predicted at the start of the season. They won two games in the Finals. That’s better than any other Suns team.
Just wanted to mention that it ties both the 76 and 93 teams.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Congratulations to Giannis and the Bucks! It hurts as a Suns fan, and we need to lick our wounds, while James Jones, Sarver and Monty need to figure out how to make the team better. Milwaukee is going to be good for a long time, with how good Giannis is and will be going forward. Getting the Hustler's Sweep on the Suns doesn't make the Suns look good in the eyes of the haters around the league, but screw those idiots.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:45 pm
Nodack wrote:
The Suns went further than anyone on planet earth predicted at the start of the season. They won two games in the Finals. That’s better than any other Suns team.
Or maybe it was 2 home wins. Well then they matched the best two other teams in Suns history. We were the last losers of the NBA three times.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:20 pm
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Or maybe it was 2 home wins. Well then they matched the best two other teams in Suns history. We were the last losers of the NBA three times.
No, we had that in ‘76.

This was the first team we held a lead in a Finals series, FWTW.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Cap wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:48 pm
Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:20 pm
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:
No, we had that in ‘76.

This was the first team we held a lead in a Finals series, FWTW.
And...blew it in a spectacular way.

Let it hurt boys, let it hurt deep down inside. Let it fuel your willpower the next time the opportunity comes around. It could be next year -- or a decade from now.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

It would have been less painful and disappointing if we hadn't gone up 2-0.

Technically, 1993 is still the closest we've come to a championship, as we were just seconds away from forcing a game 7. And I think that probably was still the best Suns team ever.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:50 pm
Time: 6:00 pm AZ (6:00 pm PT/9:00 pm ET)
Place: Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
TV: ABC

Everything you want is on the other side of hard. - Monty Williams

I'm reusing Monty's quote here since this is as hard as it gets. At least until the next one. Time to lay out everything on the line. Hold nothing back. It's do or die time. (And I don't use that word lightly.) Time to get back to Phoenix Suns basketball. Like Monty said, "We've gotta win one game to put them back on the plane, and that's it." LET'S FREAKIN' DO THIS!!!

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss
One year ago today we were still hoping for a game 7 and a championship.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

:cry:
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Can we never bump threads like this again? I’m still not recovered.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I originally marked this thread read and never came back to it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:59 am
I originally marked this thread read and never came back to it.
JEREMY!!!
"Be Legendary."