Around the League: Off-season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Around the League: Off-season

Post by Mori Chu »

Thread.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:33 pm

Talk your shit, Jeff.
LOL

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Well, he's is spot on.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Langston Galloway was waived yesterday by Golden State.

https://hoopshype.com/2021/10/09/warrio ... -galloway/

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wormwood wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:15 am
Langston Galloway was waived yesterday by Golden State.

https://hoopshype.com/2021/10/09/warrio ... -galloway/
GSW have been getting rid of players who aren't willing to buy into their system. Oubre is the main example. Galloway is a really talented offensive player, but he seems like he just goes out there and does his own thing without regard for the rest of the team.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He was just on a training camp deal, it’s not a surprise he was waived.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:37 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:33 pm

Talk your shit, Jeff.
LOL
Love it

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Easy on the vax stuff please, guys. I don't want to be dunking on the vax issue in here because it'll just turn into an argument.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:06 am
Easy on the vax stuff please, guys. I don't want to be dunking on the vax issue in here because it'll just turn into an argument.
And maybe save lives but OK. Van Gundy has a good point. People who "do their own research" are not scientists in their own labs. They are common people at the mercy of what sites they read and believe and they are a product of the people they hang out with. Listen to the science from real scientists who make their living to know this stuff.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:49 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
And maybe save lives but OK. Van Gundy has a good point. People who "do their own research" are not scientists in their own labs. They are common people at the mercy of what sites they read and believe and they are a product of the people they hang out with. Listen to the science from real scientists who make their living to know this stuff.
It's actually not a valid point at all. Van Gundy is making a logical fallacy by equating the categories of "secondary research" and "primary research." Nobody is claiming to do their own primary research. Secondary research could include considering the statements of scientists who may differ from other scientists. That is certainly not less valid than the secondary research conducted by most people, who only consider the statements of scientists who are pro-Covid vaccination. Critical thinking and personal freedom should always be encouraged, and not shut down. I agree with Devin Booker on that.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:09 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
It's actually not a valid point at all. Van Gundy is making a logical fallacy by equating the categories of "secondary research" and "primary research." Nobody is claiming to do their own primary research. Secondary research could include considering the statements of scientists who may differ from other scientists. That is certainly not less valid than the secondary research conducted by most people, who only consider the statements of scientists who are pro-Covid vaccination. Critical thinking and personal freedom should always be encouraged, and not shut down. I agree with Devin Booker on that.
Now that we've breached this barrier, noting Mori's warning...I have to say something.

You can always find one or two scientists waaaay outside the mainstream that contratians will cite as evidence that the scientific consensus is wrong. Cherry picking for such outliers isn't good secondary research.

Back to basketball...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
And maybe save lives but OK.
Everyone is welcome to save lives and talk about vaccine politics in the General or Politics sections.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:26 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
And maybe save lives but OK.
Everyone is welcome to save lives and talk about vaccine politics in the General or Politics sections.
It gets a little trickier when it crossed over into the NBA but I get it.
"Be Legendary."