Robert Sarver Report

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
jonh

Re: Robert Sarver Report

Post by jonh »

Cap wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:19 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:12 am
I'm starting to think that Flex may have been...wrong?! :shock:
Could it be that Jordan Schultz was wrong and this whole thing is bullshit?
I would be very suprised if the whole thing was fabricated--there has been too much attention to this without ESPN refuting the rumors. My guess is that the leak delayed the report's release.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
The multibillion dollar organization released multiple statements from key executives refuting an unreleased report. There is no way it is fake.

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:22 pm
Cap wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
I would be very suprised if the whole thing was fabricated--there has been too much attention to this without ESPN refuting the rumors. My guess is that the leak delayed the report's release.
Yeah, the leak meant the reporters had to button up everything sooner than expected, and the puts the truth in jeopardy.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I tend to think that Jordan Schultz was chasing clout, and undercut a fellow journalist. If I was Baxter Holmes, I would sit on it just to make him sweat, because it was a dick move that he did. ESPN is probably making sure that all the i's are dotted and all the t's are crossed with the lawyers before they publish. If it's not true, then Schultz should get his ass sued to poverty.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:44 pm
Cap wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
The multibillion dollar organization released multiple statements from key executives refuting an unreleased report. There is no way it is fake.
There are multiple people that are supposedly close to Sarver that say they have not seen a single instance where his character would mimic what he is accused of. I am not a fan of Sarver, but I don't want to see him or anyone slandered unfairly.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:11 pm
I tend to think that Jordan Schultz was chasing clout, and undercut a fellow journalist. If I was Baxter Holmes, I would sit on it just to make him sweat, because it was a dick move that he did. ESPN is probably making sure that all the i's are dotted and all the t's are crossed with the lawyers before they publish. If it's not true, then Schultz should get his ass sued to poverty.
Again, a multibillion dollar org doesn't put our press releases and executive statements for something that isn't real.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:14 pm
In2ition wrote:
Again, a multibillion dollar org doesn't put our press releases and executive statements for something that isn't real.
I'm not saying you're wrong at all, and I tend to agree with you, but it's also not an admittance of guilt either.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:08 pm
Seattle Suns here we come.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Let me get this straight. The son of the guy who sold the local team is pushing a narrative that he hopes would initiate the opportunity to purchase a new team and eventually move that new team to the city in which his father previously played a role in abandoning?

:roll:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:25 pm
Let me get this straight. The son of the guy who sold the local team is pushing a narrative that he hopes would initiate the opportunity to purchase a new team and eventually move that new team to the city in which his father previously played a role in abandoning?

I don't think it's realistic either, but...wasn't it Clay Bennett that bought the team, saying he wanted to stay in Seattle and then switched it up when Seattle wasn't bending their knee to his demands? Schultz could claim ignorance of that move, and try to get back into the good graces of the Seattle people?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

He might want to look somewhere else then -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonogus/ ... 0dd6d86be7
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:33 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I'm not saying you're wrong at all, and I tend to agree with you, but it's also not an admittance of guilt either.
Not an admittance of guilt, but clearly an admittance of knowing an ESPN article is coming. They already talked to Sarver and the Suns as part of the due diligence and fact checking. And since this was supposed to come out before the playoffs, they have known a while. They have been waiting to release that statement. They didn't just draft it in the couple hours between Shultz tweeting it and when it came out.

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:45 pm
He might want to look somewhere else then -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonogus/ ... 0dd6d86be7
Right. They can only move if they want to pay hundreds of millions back to the city.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:37 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:25 pm

I don't think it's realistic either, but...wasn't it Clay Bennett that bought the team, saying he wanted to stay in Seattle and then switched it up when Seattle wasn't bending their knee to his demands? Schultz could claim ignorance of that move, and try to get back into the good graces of the Seattle people?
Clay Bennett the guy born and raised in OKC? No one believed he was keeping that team in Seattle, and the money Schultz sold the Sonics for was clearly more important than selling to a local buyer.

It's really not hard to cut through the BS on the Schultz angle of this Sarver situation.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

The Schultz angle doesn't mean he'd move the team to Seattle. Just that he'd be the owner of an NBA team again.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:33 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Whether the allegations are true or not, the allegations are definitely real and definitely exist. Sarver has already seen many of the allegations himself, according to his statement. It’s just a matter of when the report gets published, or whether it gets quashed by ESPN.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Oatmeal

Post by Oatmeal »

My disappointment is growing.. Watch nothing come of this.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The story was leaked. Everyone on planet earth knows about the article and have talked and speculated it to death and yet we still haven’t seen the article. WTF are they waiting for? Why delay it now? Something is rotten in Denmark.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

If I had to guess, I would say that they are going through an extensive review to make sure it holds up because all of a sudden it is not a story that you could rely on rumors they heard from Rich Paul & McD. My hunch is that they will never run it.