Robert Sarver Report

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Robert Sarver Report

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:14 pm
https://www.azfamily.com/sports/phoenix ... 0c08c.html

Schultz says the story is expected to be a bombshell and it will shake up the NBA world. "What I was told, is that as big a story you think it is, it's that much bigger. It's a monster," said Schultz. "It's gonna blow the NBA world up."
I think it'll be sooner than later because from my understanding, ESPN has been working on this story for about a year with upwards of 50 to 100 people on the record," explained Schultz.
That's a big range. How much does this guy know? That sounds like a guess.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yeah, I'm not inclined to believe Schultz on the "bombshell" part. He has a vested interest in hyping up the news piece.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:25 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:14 pm
https://www.azfamily.com/sports/phoenix ... 0c08c.html

Schultz says the story is expected to be a bombshell and it will shake up the NBA world. "What I was told, is that as big a story you think it is, it's that much bigger. It's a monster," said Schultz. "It's gonna blow the NBA world up."
I think it'll be sooner than later because from my understanding, ESPN has been working on this story for about a year with upwards of 50 to 100 people on the record," explained Schultz.
That's a big range. How much does this guy know? That sounds like a guess.
Might just depend on how many they plan to quote.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Not sure what 51 people instead of 99 means. If 25 people have a ton of severe negative information to bring to light, that's a lot of people.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm sure they can quote a ton of people. Hell, even some of us can do that.

They need hard evidence, recordings or email. If they have neither, this will get swept under the rug.

Edit: I'll add that someone with a very high profile could sway public opinion enough without the hard evidence. Someone like Barkley, for example.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I think it would be more shocking if there were not reported instances of sexual harrassment (at least verbal harrassment), since we know how Sarver talks, even in public.

One incident I remember was way back in the early days of online video/streaming (this had to be over a decade ago), where there was a live stream with Gambo talking to Sarver, and the Suns dancers were there as well. And they had given Gambo a (signed?) poster of the Suns dancers. And Sarver remarked at one point (live on air I believe, but perhaps during commercial break while still on livestream) that he was surprised that Gambo was still able to unfold the poster.

If he talks like that publicly, just imagine the stuff he says in private. I would be shocked if there are no allegations of sexual harrassment by former dancers.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'd sign off on this!

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

;)

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:24 pm
I'd sign off on this!

LOL, what? Maybe he'd be asked to do some kind of apologizing on behalf of the organization, but is he really suggesting a guy with a fraction of a fraction of ownership being bumped up to the executive office?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea that became a thing yesterday with a lot of writers pointing it out. Schultz doesn't have a great rep to begin with and it was a douche thing to do. He basically broke someone else's story and made the rounds talking about to up his profile.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Perhaps the authors wanted him to leak it ahead of time?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Maybe, but why give Sarver and the Suns a chance to get out ahead of the report? Could've been an unhappy agent or source from the report leaking it.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Adam Silver will be the tip of the balance. Not sure if it is a valid comparison, but the league tolerated Sterling for DECADES, along with his antics both as person, but also as owner, the Clippers were a running joke year in and year out.

The minute Silver ends up his media intervention on this subject, the moment we will know where all this is headed.

False of true? He is a shitty person from a past age and his “manners” clearly come from “Mad Men” and stayed put on the last century. He should not be a public person, along with hundreds of thousand more around the globe, but sadly, in this world, money can buy you some degree of impunity. Not sure this is the end of his rope, we will have to see this go through Silver’s eyes unfortunately.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

NEW CLAIMS Phoenix Suns’ Robert Sarver ‘accused of sexual harassment’ amid claims the NBA will ‘forcibly remove’ him as owner
https://www.the-sun.com/news/3915727/ph ... ent-claim/

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Indy wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:35 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:25 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:00 pm
His statement is trash... not a surprise.
The suns statement is laughable. Not what I would expect from someone innocent of allegations or someone smart. Can’t wait to read it. I think it will result in good things for suns. Player’s are happy to rid themselves of a shit owner.
True. But if he just gets a slap on the wrist, how many players want to play for a known racist/sexist/asshole?
Good point. Unfortunately probably more than they should. Look at Mavs. Can’t wait to read the report.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

One thing about this Schultz guy hyping up this story so much is that it could backfire if the reporting doesn't live up to the hype. If we get vague quotes from disgruntled former employees and not much detail or hard evidence, the story could be perceived as a letdown. Have to wait and see what's in it.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:36 am
One thing about this Schultz guy hyping up this story so much is that it could backfire if the reporting doesn't live up to the hype. If we get vague quotes from disgruntled former employees and not much detail or hard evidence, the story could be perceived as a letdown. Have to wait and see what's in it.
Schultz doesn't have any credibility with me, and I think it's likely that Earl Watson and Rich Paul are the star witnesses. I'm waiting to see what kind of evidence is presented, although I'm quite certain that Sarver said something really dumb at some point to the wrong guy or girl.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

virtual9mm wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:32 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:36 am
Schultz doesn't have any credibility with me, and I think it's likely that Earl Watson and Rich Paul are the star witnesses. I'm waiting to see what kind of evidence is presented, although I'm quite certain that Sarver said something really dumb at some point to the wrong guy or girl.
Where there's smoke, there's fire. We've always known Sarver has a suspect personality as we've heard many stories through the years of him being a jerk.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They don’t take away your team for being an jerk. Not to turn this political but, our ex President was a jerk and was accused by dozens of women of sexual assault and that in no way stopped him from becoming President. He was accused of racism a lot and was endorsed by the KKK and that didn’t disqualify him either.

I am not sure what evidence they can come out with that accomplishes taking away the Suns from him.