Robert Sarver Report

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Robert Sarver Report

Post by Shabazz »

This is my concern too.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Just gotta wait for the actual report and hope this doesn't distract from anything we're doing as a team. Unless there's video or audio of him like there was Sterling, might be hard for the league to take action aside from maybe a fine? I don't even know how the Mavs scandal ended up but it felt swept under the rug.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:57 pm
Just gotta wait for the actual report and hope this doesn't distract from anything we're doing as a team. Unless there's video or audio of him like there was Sterling, might be hard for the league to take action aside from maybe a fine? I don't even know how the Mavs scandal ended up but it felt swept under the rug.
they hired some firms to do sensitivity training and let the higher ups keep their job... then hired Kidd. So it was completely swept under the rug.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Indy wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:00 pm
His statement is trash... not a surprise.
The suns statement is laughable. Not what I would expect from someone innocent of allegations or someone smart. Can’t wait to read it. I think it will result in good things for suns. Player’s are happy to rid themselves of a shit owner.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:25 pm
Indy wrote:
His statement is trash... not a surprise.
The suns statement is laughable. Not what I would expect from someone innocent of allegations or someone smart. Can’t wait to read it. I think it will result in good things for suns. Player’s are happy to rid themselves of a shit owner.
True. But if he just gets a slap on the wrist, how many players want to play for a known racist/sexist/asshole?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ESPN is the news breaker and I'm assuming they've been collecting the sources. The interesting part is the conflict of interest between ESPN and the NBA as partners and might explain why ESPN is saying they were ready to release this information at the end of the regular season.

I'm guessing ESPN notified the NBA and the NBA conducted their own investigation.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That's a 5-star tweet. I wish I could make it my avatar.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oh man. Really worried that something bad is true here. I'll wait to see what the story says, but not feeling great about my "Suns #1 in the West" prediction at all.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

This is horrible for the Suns short term.

I hope it becomes a great thing for us long term.

carey

Post by carey »

The only thing that will matter is if there are smoking guns like video or audio (more than when Sarver smacked DT on the butt during the WNBA finals.) If not this will wind up just like Dallas & Cuban's situation did. A footnote.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow. Just wow. After a busy workday I see this. Wow.
We urge everyone not to rush to judgment here.
Yeah, but it's so easy to do based on everything we've read and heard. I bet this started last year with that ugly speech he gave at a eulogy of all places. Unfortunately for Sarver, he has a resting asshole face.

I just hope the Suns end up in a better place when this is all said and done.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:34 pm
I just hope the Suns end up in a better place when this is all said and done.
A better place than Phoenix? Could happen if Sarver has to sell.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

We are not meant to have nice things, aren't we.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

carey wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:00 pm
The only thing that will matter is if there are smoking guns like video or audio (more than when Sarver smacked DT on the butt during the WNBA finals.) If not this will wind up just like Dallas & Cuban's situation did. A footnote.
Wait, did that become a story? I noticed that when it happened but I didn't know anyone was talking about it.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
It will be a cloud all season
Not if he sells the team or the league forces him out before the end of the season. It could be more a relief and celebration for the organization. Maybe the "curse" will be broken and we can finally win a championship, if Sarver is gone.

carey

Post by carey »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:08 pm
carey wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:00 pm
Wait, did that become a story? I noticed that when it happened but I didn't know anyone was talking about it.
Not really a story just know that people are aware that it was creepy as hell.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

More details from Jordan Schultz on Burns and Gambo tonight: https://arizonasports.com/story/2861912 ... rt-sarver/

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:57 pm
Yes, but I don't think Cuban himself was accused of inappropriate behavior directly in that situation.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

“This report is a monster,” he said. “As bad as you might think it might be for us to be having this conversation, it’s worse. What I was told some of the things that are going to surface in this report, including sexual harassment, it is jaw-dropping. There’s just no way that with all of these people on the record, men and women, that he’s going to be able to survive this in my eyes.”
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:34 pm
“This report is a monster,” he said. “As bad as you might think it might be for us to be having this conversation, it’s worse. What I was told some of the things that are going to surface in this report, including sexual harassment, it is jaw-dropping. There’s just no way that with all of these people on the record, men and women, that he’s going to be able to survive this in my eyes.”
i sure hope that is true