Game Day: Cavs (3-3) @ Suns (1-3), Sat 10/30/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Game Day: Cavs (3-3) @ Suns (1-3), Sat 10/30/21

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:16 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:55 pm

Everyone AIG should note the reaction of Book and Paul after Ayton puts the ball on the floor and beasts in the post to get an and-1. Pretty sure Paul is saying “every freaking time.” Neither player is upset they didn’t get the ball back to shoot.
FTFY.
Nah.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:36 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:16 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:55 pm

Nah.
I thought it was funny. And my wife said I'm funny until 8pm. I also don't know how to do a proper selective or condensed quote reply thing on here. Techmology.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

it is such a different world when Ayton is active in the 2nd half. And not just grabbing rebounds--he is great at that all the time. But when he goes wide like that to open up lanes, instead of taking the shortest path to the basket, it makes all the difference in the world.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Just finished watching the game. Working and relatives in town…

The Suns a work in progress still but, showing some signs of progress. The P&R with Ayton is becoming more and more lethal. A Stix sighting during a critical time in the game and not just garbage time and looking pretty good to me. Mikal building on his offensive skills.

Shamet hasn’t performed as well as I had hoped but, it’s early.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Just watched this game and it’s the first one I’ve watched all year. I’ve got 3 thoughts:

1. Loved what I saw from Ayton. Still want to see more attacking off the dribble, but he was aggressive in the pick n roll, and finished strong repeatedly.

2. Jalen Smith looked ok out there. I think there’s an nba player in there. I’m afraid we drafted him and tried to turn him into what we wanted and that’s just not who he is. So we’re cutting him loose. I hope we can find a trade partner that has interest in him. We might see a lot of him tonight as it doesn’t look like Ayton will play.

3. I still continue to be baffled at how good Booker shoots from 22 feet and in and how poorly he shoots from 24 feet and beyond. Someday he’ll figure out that 3 pt shot again and he’ll be lethal.