Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Indy
Posts: 14970
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:52 pm
I guess the sarcasm in my posts wasn't detected. I'll have to do better next time.
:lol: It couldn't have been more clear Shel

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5408
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:54 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:11 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:17 am
LazarusLong wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:03 am
Bridges played a fairly long stretch in the fourth quarter ostensibly at guard.
That lineup seemed to work, with Kaminsky/McGee up front, Paul handling the rock and Crowder and Cam also on the floor.
Bridges looks confident attacking off the dribble…at least getting to the mid range. Would love if he could take that a little further and go all the way to the rim. We are severely lacking on rim threats…it does make me wonder if we’d have been better off with Oubre still around. Not in a swap for Bridges, but maybe for Cam or Crowder.
Did you do drugs????!????!! What in the hell kind of whack ass thought is that!

Booooooo! Booooooo! Boooooooooo!!!!!!
Haha, I know you hate oubre…but it’s more the style…insert some other rim attacking wing instead of Oubre. Right now all our wings are strictly 3pt shooters and sometimes mid range guys. It’d be nice to have one that could get to the rim is what I’m saying.
You could have inserted some other rim attacking wing and I’d probably have been like “yes please” but instead you chose to roll a turd down the driveway!

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 6284
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:45 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:08 am
I didn't read a single person here say McGee was better than Ayton a month ago.
There were posts that got close to saying that, and the general sentiment among some seemed to be that Ayton was not needed--it's fine if we lose him because Javale (or any other center basically, lol) could just replace him.
Bucktastic365 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:45 pm
McGee is outperforming Ayton FOR WHAT WE NEED IN OUR SYSTEM.

Ayton on his own is a beast; if a team ran the offense thru him he'd be worthy of the max, but we are a outside team and I am more than happy that they didn't allocate money to Ayton.
We can get comparable value for a fraction of the max. Just my opinion
3rdside wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:01 pm
Nice take FF.

McGee averaged 28 and 11 per 36 in preseason, if you’re looking for a guide to *capable tall players in the Phoenix suns system*, and he’s getting paid $5m.
ShelC wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:30 pm
I'm ready to give JaVale a 3 yr extension and roll with him, Stix and Frank!
ShelC wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:39 pm
We got Javale and Stix. It'll be fine. Plus CP and Book can recruit other bigs. No lose situation.
By the way, there's a reason Javale has never come close to actually getting 36 mpg. :roll:
You sure do have a knack for interpreting other's words to fit your narrative. Also, "got close to saying that" is not the same as "saying it".
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 23175
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:54 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:11 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:17 am
LazarusLong wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:03 am
Bridges played a fairly long stretch in the fourth quarter ostensibly at guard.
That lineup seemed to work, with Kaminsky/McGee up front, Paul handling the rock and Crowder and Cam also on the floor.
Bridges looks confident attacking off the dribble…at least getting to the mid range. Would love if he could take that a little further and go all the way to the rim. We are severely lacking on rim threats…it does make me wonder if we’d have been better off with Oubre still around. Not in a swap for Bridges, but maybe for Cam or Crowder.
Did you do drugs????!????!! What in the hell kind of whack ass thought is that!

Booooooo! Booooooo! Boooooooooo!!!!!!
Haha, I know you hate oubre…but it’s more the style…insert some other rim attacking wing instead of Oubre. Right now all our wings are strictly 3pt shooters and sometimes mid range guys. It’d be nice to have one that could get to the rim is what I’m saying.
That's where Nader comes in. :D
"It should burn. It'll probably burn forever. But last season is done." - James Jones

"I want to be who I think I am." - Frank Kaminsky

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 6284
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

T$unami Papi is having a pretty good season so far.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5408
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:35 pm
T$unami Papi is having a pretty good season so far.
That’s an opinion

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5408
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by specialsauce »

He’s shooting 41% from the field. 65% from the line. His WS/48 is .098.

But those sick dunks though!!!!

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 14970
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:15 pm
He’s shooting 41% from the field. 65% from the line. His WS/48 is .098.

But those sick dunks though!!!!
Wow he is shooting better than Devin Booker?

User avatar
3rdside
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:59 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by 3rdside »

JeremyG wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:08 am
I didn't read a single person here say McGee was better than Ayton a month ago.
There were posts that got close to saying that, and the general sentiment among some seemed to be that Ayton was not needed--it's fine if we lose him because Javale (or any other center basically, lol) could just replace him.
Bucktastic365 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:45 pm
McGee is outperforming Ayton FOR WHAT WE NEED IN OUR SYSTEM.

Ayton on his own is a beast; if a team ran the offense thru him he'd be worthy of the max, but we are a outside team and I am more than happy that they didn't allocate money to Ayton.
We can get comparable value for a fraction of the max. Just my opinion
3rdside wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:01 pm
Nice take FF.

McGee averaged 28 and 11 per 36 in preseason, if you’re looking for a guide to *capable tall players in the Phoenix suns system*, and he’s getting paid $5m.
ShelC wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:30 pm
I'm ready to give JaVale a 3 yr extension and roll with him, Stix and Frank!
ShelC wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:39 pm
We got Javale and Stix. It'll be fine. Plus CP and Book can recruit other bigs. No lose situation.
By the way, there's a reason Javale has never come close to actually getting 36 mpg. :roll:
I still don’t see where anyone is saying McGee is better than ayton - whereas the crux of your argument, that Ayton is worth the max with all the escalators, is horribly wrong on current performance.

A better argument, really, is - is McGee at $5m better than Ayton at $40M?

I feel like the answer is probably yes.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 14154
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:55 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:54 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:11 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:17 am
LazarusLong wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:03 am
Bridges played a fairly long stretch in the fourth quarter ostensibly at guard.
That lineup seemed to work, with Kaminsky/McGee up front, Paul handling the rock and Crowder and Cam also on the floor.
Bridges looks confident attacking off the dribble…at least getting to the mid range. Would love if he could take that a little further and go all the way to the rim. We are severely lacking on rim threats…it does make me wonder if we’d have been better off with Oubre still around. Not in a swap for Bridges, but maybe for Cam or Crowder.
Did you do drugs????!????!! What in the hell kind of whack ass thought is that!

Booooooo! Booooooo! Boooooooooo!!!!!!
Haha, I know you hate oubre…but it’s more the style…insert some other rim attacking wing instead of Oubre. Right now all our wings are strictly 3pt shooters and sometimes mid range guys. It’d be nice to have one that could get to the rim is what I’m saying.
You could have inserted some other rim attacking wing and I’d probably have been like “yes please” but instead you chose to roll a turd down the driveway!
He’s the one we had and is probably seen as similarly valued as our other wings(not counting Bridges), but let’s say I said Keldon Johnson instead…or Miles Bridges.
My wish list: KAT, Pascal Siakam, Thad Young, Harrison Barnes, Kyle Anderson

User avatar
pickle
Posts: 2233
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by pickle »

Miles Bridges is a budding star so maybe not a great comp.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 14154
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by Split T »

He is breaking out a bit this year, but until this year I wouldn’t say he was better than Oubre…maybe a better prospect, but not a better player.
My wish list: KAT, Pascal Siakam, Thad Young, Harrison Barnes, Kyle Anderson

User avatar
pickle
Posts: 2233
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by pickle »

I think he wasn’t seen as a star last year for sure, but he also didn’t shoot 25% to start the season and played within his role, plus he was/is on a friendly rookie scale contract so that part is hard to compare. I actually love Oubre and his fire, but I still think Miles is a significantly better prospect all around.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5408
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:22 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:15 pm
He’s shooting 41% from the field. 65% from the line. His WS/48 is .098.

But those sick dunks though!!!!
Wow he is shooting better than Devin Booker?
Oof, that hit home

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5408
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by specialsauce »

3rdside wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:52 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:08 am
I didn't read a single person here say McGee was better than Ayton a month ago.
There were posts that got close to saying that, and the general sentiment among some seemed to be that Ayton was not needed--it's fine if we lose him because Javale (or any other center basically, lol) could just replace him.
Bucktastic365 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:45 pm
McGee is outperforming Ayton FOR WHAT WE NEED IN OUR SYSTEM.

Ayton on his own is a beast; if a team ran the offense thru him he'd be worthy of the max, but we are a outside team and I am more than happy that they didn't allocate money to Ayton.
We can get comparable value for a fraction of the max. Just my opinion
3rdside wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:01 pm
Nice take FF.

McGee averaged 28 and 11 per 36 in preseason, if you’re looking for a guide to *capable tall players in the Phoenix suns system*, and he’s getting paid $5m.
ShelC wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:30 pm
I'm ready to give JaVale a 3 yr extension and roll with him, Stix and Frank!
ShelC wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:39 pm
We got Javale and Stix. It'll be fine. Plus CP and Book can recruit other bigs. No lose situation.
By the way, there's a reason Javale has never come close to actually getting 36 mpg. :roll:
I still don’t see where anyone is saying McGee is better than ayton - whereas the crux of your argument, that Ayton is worth the max with all the escalators, is horribly wrong on current performance.

A better argument, really, is - is McGee at $5m better than Ayton at $40M?

I feel like the answer is probably yes.
Uh no.

You could make that value argument for every single player that is cheap.

You know what the real argument is? Do you want to win, or do you want “value” deals?

You’re not winning the championship with McGee as your starting center.
Deandre was our MVP of the playoffs. This is embarrassing.
Last edited by specialsauce on Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 14154
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by Split T »

Well I’m mostly comparing to Oubre’s time here. Yes Oubre was pretty bad last year. Wasn’t a good fit. He’s playing better this year, but yes I agree Bridges is a better prospect. Not really the point though. Again I’m just talking about style. It would be nice if one of our main 3 wings could attack the rim. A skill that Oubre, Bridges(Miles), and Keldon Johnson all have.
My wish list: KAT, Pascal Siakam, Thad Young, Harrison Barnes, Kyle Anderson

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5408
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:24 pm
Well I’m mostly comparing to Oubre’s time here. Yes Oubre was pretty bad last year. Wasn’t a good fit. He’s playing better this year, but yes I agree Bridges is a better prospect. Not really the point though. Again I’m just talking about style. It would be nice if one of our main 3 wings could attack the rim. A skill that Oubre, Bridges(Miles), and Keldon Johnson all have.
You group them together like they’re in the same tier. Might as well say a skill that Oubre, Durant, and Giannis all have.

I think there’s a big difference. Nader has that skill of getting to the rim at all costs and usually fucking it up too

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 14154
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:24 pm
3rdside wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:52 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:08 am
I didn't read a single person here say McGee was better than Ayton a month ago.
There were posts that got close to saying that, and the general sentiment among some seemed to be that Ayton was not needed--it's fine if we lose him because Javale (or any other center basically, lol) could just replace him.
Bucktastic365 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:45 pm
McGee is outperforming Ayton FOR WHAT WE NEED IN OUR SYSTEM.

Ayton on his own is a beast; if a team ran the offense thru him he'd be worthy of the max, but we are a outside team and I am more than happy that they didn't allocate money to Ayton.
We can get comparable value for a fraction of the max. Just my opinion
3rdside wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:01 pm
Nice take FF.

McGee averaged 28 and 11 per 36 in preseason, if you’re looking for a guide to *capable tall players in the Phoenix suns system*, and he’s getting paid $5m.
ShelC wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:30 pm
I'm ready to give JaVale a 3 yr extension and roll with him, Stix and Frank!
ShelC wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:39 pm
We got Javale and Stix. It'll be fine. Plus CP and Book can recruit other bigs. No lose situation.
By the way, there's a reason Javale has never come close to actually getting 36 mpg. :roll:
I still don’t see where anyone is saying McGee is better than ayton - whereas the crux of your argument, that Ayton is worth the max with all the escalators, is horribly wrong on current performance.

A better argument, really, is - is McGee at $5m better than Ayton at $40M?

I feel like the answer is probably yes.
Uh no.

You could make that value argument for every single player that is cheap.

You know what the real argument is? Do you want to win, or do you want “value” deals?
If my choice is Ayton or McGee, give me Ayton whatever the cost, but if you told me we could get Ayton at 40 mil or McGee at 5 and say Siakim at 30, the latter becomes tempting. It’s all what you do with the extra money.
My wish list: KAT, Pascal Siakam, Thad Young, Harrison Barnes, Kyle Anderson

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 14154
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:27 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:24 pm
Well I’m mostly comparing to Oubre’s time here. Yes Oubre was pretty bad last year. Wasn’t a good fit. He’s playing better this year, but yes I agree Bridges is a better prospect. Not really the point though. Again I’m just talking about style. It would be nice if one of our main 3 wings could attack the rim. A skill that Oubre, Bridges(Miles), and Keldon Johnson all have.
You group them together like they’re in the same tier. Might as well say a skill that Oubre, Durant, and Giannis all have.

I think there’s a big difference. Nader has that skill of getting to the rim at all costs and usually fucking it up too
Whatever, you know exactly what I mean. And please don’t act like me including Keldon Johnson and Miles Bridges in the same group as Kelly Oubre is some sort of ridiculous notion like comparing him to Giannis or KD.
My wish list: KAT, Pascal Siakam, Thad Young, Harrison Barnes, Kyle Anderson

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5408
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (1-6) @ Suns (2-3), Tues 02/11/21

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:27 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:24 pm
3rdside wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:52 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:08 am
I didn't read a single person here say McGee was better than Ayton a month ago.
There were posts that got close to saying that, and the general sentiment among some seemed to be that Ayton was not needed--it's fine if we lose him because Javale (or any other center basically, lol) could just replace him.
Bucktastic365 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:45 pm
McGee is outperforming Ayton FOR WHAT WE NEED IN OUR SYSTEM.

Ayton on his own is a beast; if a team ran the offense thru him he'd be worthy of the max, but we are a outside team and I am more than happy that they didn't allocate money to Ayton.
We can get comparable value for a fraction of the max. Just my opinion
3rdside wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:01 pm
Nice take FF.

McGee averaged 28 and 11 per 36 in preseason, if you’re looking for a guide to *capable tall players in the Phoenix suns system*, and he’s getting paid $5m.
ShelC wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:30 pm
I'm ready to give JaVale a 3 yr extension and roll with him, Stix and Frank!
ShelC wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:39 pm
We got Javale and Stix. It'll be fine. Plus CP and Book can recruit other bigs. No lose situation.
By the way, there's a reason Javale has never come close to actually getting 36 mpg. :roll:
I still don’t see where anyone is saying McGee is better than ayton - whereas the crux of your argument, that Ayton is worth the max with all the escalators, is horribly wrong on current performance.

A better argument, really, is - is McGee at $5m better than Ayton at $40M?

I feel like the answer is probably yes.
Uh no.

You could make that value argument for every single player that is cheap.

You know what the real argument is? Do you want to win, or do you want “value” deals?
If my choice is Ayton or McGee, give me Ayton whatever the cost, but if you told me we could get Ayton at 40 mil or McGee at 5 and say Siakim at 30, the latter becomes tempting. It’s all what you do with the extra money.
You’re just not winning with a player of McGees caliber as your starting 5. Spending $5M is a fantasy. It’s not happening if you’re winning . It’s more like $20m or $30m

Post Reply