Allegations of racism and misogyny within the Phoenix Suns: Inside Robert Sarver's 17-year tenure as owner

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Allegations of racism and misogyny within the Phoenix Suns: Inside Robert Sarver's 17-year tenure as owner

Post by Split T »

This would be huge

Drewsprocket

Re: Allegations of racism and misogyny within the Phoenix Suns: Inside Robert Sarver's 17-year tenure as owner

Post by Drewsprocket »

With Book, I wonder if Sarver is threatening to leak dirt if he comes out against him. I’m sure Sarver had his ways with him early either covering for his poor decisions: the elevator camera or anything in the background we’re not aware of. There’s nobody really left from those days but it makes me wonder. Creeps like Sarver love the validation of knowing other men share his delights, that’s why he does all these weird boundary crossings.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

If fans keep consuming the NBA's product their complaints mean nothing. The only way this really gets the league's attention is if it hits them in the wallet.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Has any researched how to lift a curse? Asking for a friend.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm still mad at Jerry Colangelo for not vetting Sarver better! He transitioned us to this POS.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:58 am
It's very subtle, Gabrielle. In the past, he would have dropped his trousers too.

And can I just say I'm glad the Union finally said something.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:54 am
I'm still mad at Jerry Colangelo for not vetting Sarver better! He transitioned us to this POS.
He was a POS from the jump too. Remember him trying to fire the security trying to keep the runway under and beside the stanchion, because he went over there to sit or stand? Dude was never humble and acted like an entitled rich kid that felt like they owned you from day 1. He was "talked" to by Jerry a few times about his antics that first year. It cost the Suns games, in that the referees hated him and were told to focus on things that benefited the Suns and should be called against them, because they hated him.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

25:37 "...while maybe they have no racist intent behind it, or misogynistic intent..."
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:10 pm
Oh of course the Heckmann family has neeeverrr experienced any evidence that Robert is sexist before! :roll:
"You merging on a SPAC or are you lining up a hooker over there? What are you doing? It's a goddamned memorial service! Christ. Hahahahahah. I’m going to guess his receptionist has small tits."

https://www.truehoop.com/p/video-robert ... a-memorial
I guess that didn't make the investigation or report?

Oh, by the way, Mr. Silver, that wasn't 2004. It was 2021.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Can you even imagine saying something like that in front of a large group of women and men and maybe even kids? Even it it was a "roast" wake which I've never heard of before or since.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:07 am
Can you even imagine saying something like that in front of a large group of women and men and maybe even kids? Even it it was a "roast" wake which I've never heard of before or since.
Yeah, the "roast" part doesn't even matter. Regardless, it shows how he really feels about women. I don't understand why that video seems to have been basically ignored.

Silver just says, "but he's done such a great job of hiring women!"

...so that he can demean them and abuse them?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

You know who also did a great job of hiring lots of black women to work for them?

Slave masters.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m not here to defend Sarver, I think the report clearly shows enough to remove him, but I don’t think the roast should have been used as evidence. Sarver was asked to do that. Does it shed some light on Sarver the man after learning about all his other misdeeds? Of course, but you can’t use it to remove him. It’s better to leave it out and not give him something that he can fairly easily defend.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:22 pm
The idea of having a Sarver-handpicked Governor during his suspension is also kind of idiotic.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya…if anything, it should have been whoever of the minority owners has the highest stake in the team. That or all the minority owners vote on who represents them. Even if they let Sarver vote, it would still be better than just letting him pick.

I mean Sarver is absolutely just going to be telling this guy what to do, right?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Fuckboi appoints junior fuckboi. This is unbelievably sad.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Garvin seems like Sarver Jr. from what I’m seeing on Twitter. Can’t say about the racism/misogyny stuff, but from a micromanaging jerk standpoint, he’s the same.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:57 pm
Garvin seems like Sarver Jr. from what I’m seeing on Twitter. Can’t say about the racism/misogyny stuff, but from a micromanaging jerk standpoint, he’s the same.
Yep. I really don't get why Sarver even had a say, of course he's gonna pick a guy who backs him up. Blarg.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://arizonasports.com/story/3297488 ... uspension/

Report: Suns appoint Sam Garvin interim governor for Robert Sarver suspension
Garvin will take charge immediately and already was attending a board of governors meeting in place of Sarver on Wednesday.

According to his Suns biography, he is an entrepreneur and founder of Continental Promotion Group and served as chairman and CEO from 1989-2005 before he sold the company.

Prior, Garvin was a staff assistant on the Ronald Reagan administration’s Presidential Commission for the German-American Tri-Centennial. Garvin also worked at the Heinz company as a sales merchandiser.

He has a masters of international management specializing in marketing from Thunderbird. Garvin received his bachelor of arts in political science and German studies at the University of Pittsburgh.

Garvin is among the Suns Legacy Partners ownership members that in November 2021 put their names behind support of Sarver, disputing evidence from an ESPN article that revealed many of the findings that were later confirmed in the investigation by an independent law firm.
"Be Legendary."