Game Day: Suns(9-3) @ T-Wolves(4-8), Monday 11/15/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Game Day: Suns(9-3) @ T-Wolves(4-8), Monday 11/15/21

Post by ShelC »

Like everyone else said, ugly win but those are the ones you gotta get. 3-0 on the road trip, took care of business. One of the TWolves broadcasters said something like, it was ugly but not boring - which I thought was perfect. Neither team was hitting shots consistently until CP and Book went to work late, but it was a game with some tense moments and a lot of back and forth.

Loved how we just stayed the course and didn't waver at all. The Wolves were getting techs, crowd was yelling at the refs, refs were calling some fouls and not others, but none of the Suns players were phased. Just plowed right thru almost knowing the game would shake loose a bit for them.

I was surprised how much DA played his first game back. He played what seemed like the entire 4th, which I thought was odd given our depth now to give him a breather. He was big on both ends for us tho.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's crazy that we are on a 9-game winning streak and I don't even feel like we're playing that well. We still seem a little disjointed and our 3-point shooting is still very hit-and-miss. Crowder, Cam Johnson, Payne, Shamet, and some others still feel like they haven't stabilized this year yet. And we're still figuring out the best rotations. And yet, the wins keep on coming. This team is good, boys.

One thing that really struck me in this game is just how much of a mid-range assassin Booker has become. I think if you asked casual fans around the league about Booker they'd tell you he is some kind of 3-point sharpshooter. He's good at 3s, sure, but his percentage there is actually lower than most people think. In the game last night, he secured the win by hitting some dagger pull-ups from about 18 feet. That's where he truly excels.

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:18 am
Since when did we start calling Mikal the blade, rather than the warden? And why? Coz he's a good cutter?
There was something going around Twitter with Mikal's face pasted onto a movie poster from Blade.

Split T

Post by Split T »

We’ve won a bunch, but we haven’t really played anyone good. Who’s our best win? Cleveland? We’ve had a very easy schedule. As much as people are saying Golden State hasn’t beaten anyone, neither have we. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take the wins and 9 in a row is never easy, but the schedule gets much tougher.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:38 am
We’ve won a bunch, but we haven’t really played anyone good. Who’s our best win? Cleveland? We’ve had a very easy schedule. As much as people are saying Golden State hasn’t beaten anyone, neither have we. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take the wins and 9 in a row is never easy, but the schedule gets much tougher.
We also beat the Lakers, Hawks, Grizz, and won on a back-to-back. I agree that it hasn't been a monster schedule, but we've had some nice victories. I'm very happy with things so far.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:42 am
Split T wrote:
We also beat the Lakers, Hawks, Grizz, and won on a back-to-back. I agree that it hasn't been a monster schedule, but we've had some nice victories. I'm very happy with things so far.
Of those 3, only the Lakers have a winning record.

So far this season, the only wins we have against teams that currently have a winning record are... the Lakers and Cleveland.

That was surprising to me when I looked it up.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Split T wrote:
Ya not complaining…but none of these teams are top teams. Lakers are a mess, Hawks have been awful to start the season and the Grizz are just meh. I’m also very happy, you gotta best who’s in front of you and that’s what we’re doing.

I’ve just seen(not necessarily on here) a lot of people tooting the Suns horn for this win streak and I’m just not sure it means a lot. It’s still impressive, but I don’t think it means we’re the front runners or anything. Did most of it without Ayton as well, so that is nice.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:45 am
Like everyone else said, ugly win but those are the ones you gotta get. 3-0 on the road trip, took care of business. One of the TWolves broadcasters said something like, it was ugly but not boring - which I thought was perfect. Neither team was hitting shots consistently until CP and Book went to work late, but it was a game with some tense moments and a lot of back and forth.

Loved how we just stayed the course and didn't waver at all. The Wolves were getting techs, crowd was yelling at the refs, refs were calling some fouls and not others, but none of the Suns players were phased. Just plowed right thru almost knowing the game would shake loose a bit for them.

I was surprised how much DA played his first game back. He played what seemed like the entire 4th, which I thought was odd given our depth now to give him a breather. He was big on both ends for us tho.
Great post. I was freaking out when KAT nailed a 3 to put them up 5 with less than 2 minutes to go. But the Suns didn't. Paul came right down and nailed a 3 of his own.
"Be Legendary."

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Indy wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:14 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Split T wrote:
Of those 3, only the Lakers have a winning record.

So far this season, the only wins we have against teams that currently have a winning record are... the Lakers and Cleveland.

That was surprising to me when I looked it up.
You have win the games you are supposed to win. The Suns are doing that.