Game Day: Suns (16-3) @ Nets (14-5), Saturday 11/27/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
pickle

Re: Game Day: Suns (16-3) @ Nets (14-5), Saturday 11/27/21

Post by pickle »

Yeah. They have their issues for sure. You expect most TV crews to show some favoritism but the nets crew is far from being egregious. Can’t believe I’m saying this but I also like the Lakers crew. Remember liking the Knicks one as well, and the Hornets one is well known for its excitability.

Used to hate the Portland and Houston crews. Don’t remember much about the others.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Lakers TV guys are the worst. :lol:

Malik Monk will shoot 1-6 but they make the one shot he hits sound like he’s shooting fireballs out of his ass.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:11 pm

Malik Monk will shoot 1-6 but they make the one shot he hits sound like he’s shooting fireballs out of his ass.
Thank you. I am forced to listen to them since I live in their vicinity. And I believe I said in another thread that I was pleasantly surprised with the new Houston announcing team. I try to listen to all the competitors' broadcasts. Occasionally, I can't stand it and have to switch back to the home broadcast. The Cavs game comes to mind. I try to watch about 50/50 home and away broadcasts throughout a season. Of course, if it's a great game or something big happens, I'll watch both as I always record both if possible. However, I'm forced to watch the Lakers and Clippers crews.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Oh man, the Cavs TV analyst is so bad that I had to look up his name. I couldn’t understand a word he said anytime he got slightly excited, and most of his “analysis” was stuff like, “Wow, he jumps so high! That’s how he can dunk the ball!”
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nobody is worse than Sean Elliott on the Spurs announcing team. Nobody.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Sean Elliott was totally fine during the Suns/Spurs game this year. I remember commenting that he might be toning it down this year since the Spurs suck.

The Heat TV guys are also ridiculous homers.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Austin Carr is awful. He's basically a raspy voiced cheerleader.

I don't mind the "my god our guy is great" type lean. I mind when they look at the same replay I do and blatantly conclude something in their own favor. The Lakers announcers offer honest takes with fouls and stuff so I like them. And yes, Bone I remember you saying the Houston crew is better. I don't have a choice of announcers, so whatever broadcast I get my hands on is what I end up listening to, and this year I haven't heard any of the Houston ones.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I vaguely remember the Heat crew always going with totals when they cite stats, such as "that was Duncan Robinson's 324th three of the season". Don't really remember much else.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:11 pm

Does Doris Burke work for the Lakers? She is either gushing about how great they are, or making excuses for them.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass