Game Day : Celtics (13-13) @ Suns (20-4) Friday Dec 10

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day : Celtics (13-13) @ Suns (20-4) Friday Dec 10

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:43 pm
Split T wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:05 pm
It feels like they thought he could be a more athletic Saric and it turns out he’s just a 5. Some have theorized that Bower was the guy who wanted him and that’s why he quietly was let go.
It was pretty wild how quiet he was his whole tenure. I guess he was just a guide rail for Jones as he got his feet wet in the position.
We never heard from him, but I think a lot of the moves we made were connected to him. He was the connection to Monty, Cam Johnson, Galloway…maybe some others too.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:06 am
LazarusLong wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:22 am
Agree. Smith is a center who likes to shoot threes. The Suns already have three decent guys at that position.
What Phoenix needs is a somebody like Craig or Thad Young to work the boards, grind and defend bigger perimeter players.
Smith isn't that guy ...
I don't know. I think he could be. He's a pretty good rebounder and defender.
I think if Smith could play more often the way he did against the Celtics, the Suns could absolutely use that in their rotation. Defensive-minded 4/5 big who gets rebounds and can make an occasional shot or 3? Yes please.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I think what Stix showed in this game is exactly what he’s capable of and had shown in the summer league and pre season — a guy who gets his hands on the ball off the backboard whether on offense or defense, who can be counted on to make the effort plays but gets a little lost with the advanced assignments. He doesn’t shoot the three with enough confidence, but that doesn’t bother me. What does concern me is as the scouting report says, his tight hips, making it difficult for him to defend perimeter players and making it hard for the suns to play him alongside Ayton or as the lone big in smaller lineups. Getting blown by by Schroeder and being whistled for an and one foul was a little disappointing.