Game Day: Suns (36-25) @ Warriors (39-24) , Sun 3/9/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Game Day: Suns (36-25) @ Warriors (39-24) , Sun 3/9/14

Post by Ring_Wanted »

JeffreyLee wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:Another poor game on defense, and way too many turnovers.

It's been ongoing since the allstar break, and if Kieff, Green and Dragic are not all absolutely on fire, our chances take a drastic hit, pretty much regardless of the rival. Bledsoe can't come back soon enough.
Do you feel that this team was a freak accident or we really are this good? I think we have alot of promise, but alot of things fell our way. Im still excited about our future.
I believe McD did design a roster with a lot of losing in mind, but almost everybody has been playing outstanding ball for their respective standards, so in that regard, yes, we are an aberration, but I also believe the Suns have found some pieces worth keeping, starting with the coach.

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

You've sold out to [fun] once again. It's a remnant of several factors, a major one not making a trade at the deadline that would insure a commitment to the playoffs, and I ain't talking "I think they could perhaps win a series." manure. Sub consciously this lack of acquisition tells the other players they'll be no serious campaign.

Also, you're being tested now as it winds down. Instead of rising to it, you reach for the easy way:::OFFENSE, FUN, you submit to your baser instincts. You have to fight thru that. Horny can be a good friend and an enabler. You don't need that. You need someone who will go to the whip, now, NOW.

O & 46!, children. That's it, and that's all.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I'll also say that I believe this roster absolutely needs one more relevant player at any of the frontcourt spots, ideally the one whose current tenants are the weakest links, to enter serious territory.

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

^You had that player in Pau, but, you were too vain, too stove up, too self conscious to acquire him from a static entity= "Oh, be careful, don't trade with those Lakers, we owe them for so much misery." "Oh, my God, don't get your pants taken down. Instead take their pants down. And don't make the trade till their pants are down." "Oh."

You were foolish to pass on Gasol. Nutty-nuts. He would not only have given you a legit opportunity to ring starting in a month, but, he would have stayed here, in this community and made you better.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The same Pau who hasn't won a single playoff game without Kobe?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Pau is not the relevant player I am talking about. This is not 2008 anymore. Can't you tell by Nash?

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

Mori Chu wrote:The same Pau who hasn't won a single playoff game without Kobe?
You ain't gettin' Kobe too, buster, if that's what this is all about.

Big Jake Little Jake

Post by Big Jake Little Jake »

I thought the big difference in the game was the fact no one could stay with freaking David Lee. He just blew by everyone we put on him. We had to start helping as soon as he beat his man and that left the shooters wide open. It was very painful to watch.