Suns News: Week 14 (1/17 - 1/23)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
LazarusLong

Re: Suns News: Week 10 (12/20 - 12/26)

Post by LazarusLong »

Lost in the talk about the '04-05 team is the trade for Jimmy Jackson.
Suns peddled some low productive players (Jacobsen, Lampe and Vroman) for a valuable sixth man.
Jackson average about 9 pts and 4 boards filling in at guard and forward, shooting 46% from behind the arc.
In the playoffs against Dallas, he took over the offense in the third quarter when Nash got into foul trouble, and helped the Suns win.

Suns got the last part of his game.
Next year, his jumper failed him and he failed to make the grade with the Suns or the Lakers ...
Last edited by LazarusLong on Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

Loved him that season,
Amazing how he had nothing left in the tank a few months later.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Good read:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Great article! Thanks, 'Bazz.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sounds like we will have a short handed warriors squad tomorrow.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yea and the awful truth is the narrative from last year's run has carried over "we benefit from other teams being short handed" yada yada and that noise will be there until next Playoffs.

The good news is that our team is at such a level that it really is kinda Championship or bust cause that's the bar we've set now. So we can cruise to the best record and the haters will be still there lining up waiting to blabber about No CP3 team can win, They were lucky before if we were to falter.

I'm gonna be super stressed and on edge then so have to ignore the naysayers and just enjoy the season. Try not to look too far ahead
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:02 pm
Yea and the awful truth is the narrative from last year's run has carried over "we benefit from other teams being short handed" yada yada and that noise will be there until next Playoffs.

The good news is that our team is at such a level that it really is kinda Championship or bust cause that's the bar we've set now. So we can cruise to the best record and the haters will be still there lining up waiting to blabber about No CP3 team can win, They were lucky before if we were to falter.

I'm gonna be super stressed and on edge then so have to ignore the naysayers and just enjoy the season. Try not to look too far ahead
There are fans out there who think the Lakers are a serious championship contender once they get healthy, so who gives a shit what people think about these things? What does it really mean if some casual fan doesn't think the Suns deserved to be in the Finals? They were there. That's all that matters.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Fair point "Bobster" and I agree totally that only Educated opinions should matter to me but even as a grown ass man that knows better...

I still fall for the trap every once in a while of checking social media for a pulse on what the masses think of our squad. Empty vessels make the most noise as they say and comments on there are mainly youngsters trolling who clueless but just being honest that sometimes I'm like wtf ?!? :x :roll:

Then I catch myself lol :oops:

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Got reminded about this so I putting it in here and not Around the League

This is Suns news cause it's like our early Xmas present :D :twisted:

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Paging Split :)

Split T

Post by Split T »

I love it! If this shooting is legit I think we’re the title favorites

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Split T wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:03 pm

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Booker will be a legitimate MVP candidate with those numbers.

I think we're better than the Warriors even when they have Klay Thompson back, but I want to see us play Utah a couple of times and Giannis still gives me PTSD.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:27 pm
Split T wrote:

I think we're better than the Warriors even when they have Klay Thompson back, but I want to see us play Utah a couple of times and Giannis still gives me PTSD.
Utah doesn’t worry me as much. It’s hard to say who’s better when the teams are at the pinnacle of the league/sport as any minor thing on game day might sway the results, so the only thing I have consistent PTSD over is the whistle, and for that reason alone I still worry about the Warriors, the Bucks, and to some extent a healthy Lakers squad. I mean we couldn’t even get the favorable whistle against the Thunder…

pickle

Post by pickle »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:34 am
Sounds like we will have a short handed warriors squad tomorrow.

We play them 4 times right? How does tie breaker work? If we end up 2-2 on the season, it’s record against conference opponents?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:02 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:27 pm
Split T wrote:

Utah doesn’t worry me as much. It’s hard to say who’s better when the teams are at the pinnacle of the league/sport as any minor thing on game day might sway the results, so the only thing I have consistent PTSD over is the whistle, and for that reason alone I still worry about the Warriors, the Bucks, and to some extent a healthy Lakers squad. I mean we couldn’t even get the favorable whistle against the Thunder…
I'm not necessarily worried about Utah, we just haven't seen the matchup yet. McGee has been so valuable against opposing benches, but I'm curious how it'll look against Whiteside who's been surprisingly solid. I'm comfortable with the Suns 4-7 guys (Mikal, Crowder, Cam x2) being better than the Jazz' (Bogdanovich, Ingles, Crawford, O'Neal).

I might worry about the Clippers more than any other team in the West. They're just hanging around grinding out wins with a team that knows how to win with defense. Adding Kawhi would be a major boost for them.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

My order of worry:

1. Brooklyn at full strength(including Kyrie)
2. Bucks
3. Clippers(with a healthy Kawhi)
4. Warriors
5. Jazz

I think that’s it for me. Not worried about anyone else

pickle

Post by pickle »

I hate the clippers. But they don’t have Beverley this year.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:16 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:02 pm

There are fans out there who think the Lakers are a serious championship contender once they get healthy, so who gives a shit what people think about these things? What does it really mean if some casual fan doesn't think the Suns deserved to be in the Finals? They were there. That's all that matters.
If our team can block out all the noise, so can we the fans.
"Be Legendary."