Around the League: Week 11 (12/27 - 1/2)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Around the League: Week 11 (12/27 - 1/2)

Post by Superbone »

Really liking? Maybe even Giddey about him?
"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

I am still high on Christian Wood playing the 4 next to Ayton. This article thinks he is worth two first rounders essentially. Now that Stix is breaking out and we no longer have dibs on him, a Wood for Stix, Dario, and a late 1st rounder looks reasonable to me.

https://spacecityscoop.com/posts/housto ... ow-top-bar

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:48 pm
The thing is, Lebron has been to 10 Finals primarily for two reasons:

2. He lives in an era where much more is known about sports medicine and fitness. In MJ's day he literally didn't start lifting weights until after his first three-peat, that's how ignorant the conventional wisdom was back then.
I thought he started lifting after he kept getting beat up by the Pistons, before his first three-peat.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:01 pm
I’m with you, Split.

Best career ever. 2nd best player ever and he looks like he’s got 5 more productive years in him. I don’t care about all the other stuff.
Same. And after watching all of Jordan's career, and all of Lebron's up to this point, I can't say which had the better peak as a player. Lebron's win against the Warriors was the best performance I have ever seen. The Cavs had no business winning that series...

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:15 pm
Shabazz wrote:
I’m with you, Split.

Best career ever. 2nd best player ever and he looks like he’s got 5 more productive years in him. I don’t care about all the other stuff.
Same. And after watching all of Jordan's career, and all of Lebron's up to this point, I can't say which had the better peak as a player. Lebron's win against the Warriors was the best performance I have ever seen. The Cavs had no business winning that series...
Agree. James willed that team to the championship against the Warriors. An epic effort.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

LazarusLong wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:52 pm
Indy wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
I’m with you, Split.

Agree. James willed that team to the championship against the Warriors. An epic effort.
James may be a great talent, but he has degraded the NBA product while being in the league. From the decision and only playing with multiple allstars to flopping and bitching about every call against him or anyone on his team. He will not leave the league a better place when he retires.

And don’t get me started on his “activism “.

Indy

Post by Indy »

SunsRIt wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:24 pm
LazarusLong wrote:
Indy wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
I’m with you, Split.

James may be a great talent, but he has degraded the NBA product while being in the league. From the decision and only playing with multiple allstars to flopping and bitching about every call against him or anyone on his team. He will not leave the league a better place when he retires.

There is no "may" about it. You can argue if it he the best or the 2nd best player of the last 40-50 years, but there is no denying his greatness.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

He is the best player to ever play the game. But nowhere near the greatest. Would still rather have Jordan, Magic, a young Bird or even Kobe if my life depended on it. At least those guys would fight till the end. Not assess their prospects in the 4th quarter and throw in the towel.

Indy

Post by Indy »

MightyMoog wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:28 pm
He is the best player to ever play the game. But nowhere near the greatest. Would still rather have Jordan, Magic, a young Bird or even Kobe if my life depended on it. At least those guys would fight till the end. Not assess their prospects in the 4th quarter and throw in the towel.
Maybe you forgot about Kobe giving up on his team in the playoffs against us? He quit at half time.

I think more than anyone, Kobe has been given a status higher than his actual on-court performance based on his attitude (and his untimely death).

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

SunsRIt wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:24 pm
LazarusLong wrote:
Indy wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
I’m with you, Split.

Was he just supposed to continue playing for Dan Gilbert and the shitty team the Cavs put around him or was it only OK if he left to a bad/mediocre team in the interest of being "fair?"

It's also a little ridiculous to say things like "If you can just jump to any team you want every few years, of course you'll have more overall trips to the Finals" (sorry, Mori) as if there aren't maybe 2-3 players per generation that this applies to.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya the arguments people have to come up with to tear down LeBron are pretty laughable.

Jordan is the only player in his stratosphere in the history of the nba. Maybe Kareem still played his prime prime in a watered down league so the stats are probably a little inflated.

It’s Jordan and LeBron, then everybody else. Better at their peak is debatable to me…Better career isn’t really even close. LeBron is going to have like a decade longer of elite play than Jordan.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This is starting to remind me of the Kevin Durant debate here last season. Some people can't get past off the court stuff like free agency and I don't understand it at all.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:09 pm
This is starting to remind me of the Kevin Durant debate here last season. Some people can't get past off the court stuff like free agency and I don't understand it at all.
True if you don’t like the person or choices they make, you’ll probably try to find a way to not like the player

Split T

Post by Split T »

In 8 years he never had a 0 turnover game?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well when he played 30 minutes…Last actual time was 5 years ago

Split T

Post by Split T »

Oof, this is bad. Just gotta give the Kings the ball here.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Those officials need to be suspended for a game. There's no reason for them to screw that up so badly.

Edit: Turns out the officials had the rule correct, but wow, was that a huge serving of home cooking by the game clock operator. I suppose that person needs to be held accountable.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Gentry can't catch a break