Suns News: Week 11 (12/27 - 1/2)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Suns News: Week 11 (12/27 - 1/2)

Post by JeremyG »

It looks like Jackson went into protocols 9 days ago, so maybe he isn't ready himself yet?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

In the postgame interview Biyombo said his father passed away in August and he hasn’t had anything to do with the NBA since then. He also said he has been working out with his coaches to stay in shape. I guess that answers why he wasn’t already on a team.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I find Bizmack's !!! comments
Always thought that was a cool name lol, comments after the game were interesting. Someone posted that Woj said it's not just a 10 day or something like that and then Biyombo speaks to being in the league long and choosing to join a team with something to play for.

I could just be reading too much into it though lol
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:56 pm
I find Bizmack's !!! comments
Always thought that was a cool name lol, comments after the game were interesting. Someone posted that Woj said it's not just a 10 day or something like that and then Biyombo speaks to being in the league long and choosing to join a team with something to play for.

I could just be reading too much into it though lol
Sounds like he's this year's Torrey Craig.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It sounds like Frank's knee is cooked. Not ideal to be carrying two injured guys at the same position, but it is what it is.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

A bit ironic that after so many years of searching for playable bigs we're kind of overloaded now with defensive 5s but need a 4/3 type. I'd much rather have the size and defense at the 5spot and wouldn't have a problem keeping DA, JaVale, Biyombo and Stix on the bench especially with Frank and Dario out. Biyombo also gives us a different look from DA, Javale and Stix who are all taller and slender. Biyombo's a wider body who can bang and rebound, but still get out and run.

Maybe we sell high on Stix to a team who thinks he can handle the 5 fulltime. Then Biyombo could stay on and take his place with spot minutes if JaVale is flat or not a good matchup against a smaller team.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I don't see much situational variance between McGee and Biyombo. If one of them is getting worked, the other probably would be too.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

There’s a KOC article about the Jazz pursuing Jae’Sean Tate in a trade. That’s a guy I wouldn’t mind taking a look at here. He doesn’t shoot, so he’s not a perfect fit, but he’s got size, athleticism, defensive chops, and some shot creation. Not really sure why Houston would move him, but I’d look at him.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I would be very happy to get Jae'Sean Tate if it didn't require giving up much. Houston has been a shit show most of the season, so it's hard to evaluate what they've bene doing with him recently and I think his 3pt% would see a decent bump playing within a well-defined system and role.