Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 23626
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:51 pm
Stix with the first half double-double.
Max him!
"It should burn. It'll probably burn forever. But last season is done." - James Jones

"I want to be who I think I am." - Frank Kaminsky

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 23626
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:23 pm
I have to find a clip of that baseline assist from Paul to Shamet. The spin he put on the ball was incredible.
I didn’t notice the spin in realtime. I’ll have to go back and watch it on the Suns’ broadcast this time.
"It should burn. It'll probably burn forever. But last season is done." - James Jones

"I want to be who I think I am." - Frank Kaminsky

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 6666
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Biambo hasn't been a disaster. Maybe playing against his former team has him a little more comfortable. I can't help but picture a chair unfolding in my head whenever he attempts a shot.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 6666
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The treatment it deserves.

UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 14890
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by Split T »

Jalen got away with a travel there haha
My wish list: Nic Batum, Eric Gordon, Larry Nance Jr, Harrison Barnes, PJ Washington, Kenrich Williams, Torrey Craig

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 6666
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Suns can't trade Smith if he maintains and builds on this form for the rest of the season.

Holy shit. That comment was before he detonated on Plumlee.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 14890
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by Split T »

Jalen!!
My wish list: Nic Batum, Eric Gordon, Larry Nance Jr, Harrison Barnes, PJ Washington, Kenrich Williams, Torrey Craig

User avatar
LazarusLong
Posts: 2610
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by LazarusLong »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:28 pm
Jalen!!
17 pts. 12 rebs. 2 blocks.
Forget about Sarver--keep your eyes on the prize.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 9155
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by ShelC »

Stix is simultaneously making James Jones look really good and also really bad.


User avatar
The Bobster
Posts: 5325
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by The Bobster »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:29 pm
Stix is simultaneously making James Jones look really good and also really bad.

The bench reaction is amazing.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

User avatar
carey
Posts: 11457
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by carey »

So good to see this. XD

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 14890
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:27 pm
The Suns can't trade Smith if he maintains and builds on this form for the rest of the season.

Holy shit. That comment was before he detonated on Plumlee.
At the very least he’s created real trade value. If we haven’t burned the bridge I’d like to keep him around and still re-sign him, but if we do turn him into a real piece that can help us win the title, I won’t complain. But ya, we can’t dump him for like a Torrey Craig now. Gotta be a bigger piece coming back.
My wish list: Nic Batum, Eric Gordon, Larry Nance Jr, Harrison Barnes, PJ Washington, Kenrich Williams, Torrey Craig

User avatar
carey
Posts: 11457
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:27 pm
The Suns can't trade Smith if he maintains and builds on this form for the rest of the season.

Holy shit. That comment was before he detonated on Plumlee.
Nah, he's in a trade package for another wing defender / shooter as soon as Ayton & McGee are healthy.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 6666
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:32 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:27 pm
The Suns can't trade Smith if he maintains and builds on this form for the rest of the season.

Holy shit. That comment was before he detonated on Plumlee.
At the very least he’s created real trade value. If we haven’t burned the bridge I’d like to keep him around and still re-sign him, but if we do turn him into a real piece that can help us win the title, I won’t complain. But ya, we can’t dump him for like a Torrey Craig now. Gotta be a bigger piece coming back.
He's playing exactly like the type of guy they need, a small ball Center.

I can't deny that I'm a bit perplexed as to why he wasn't given a real opportunity until now. At a minimum, he's a rebounding machine and that's probably the weakest part of this team.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

JeremyG
Posts: 2750
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by JeremyG »

carey wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:33 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:27 pm
The Suns can't trade Smith if he maintains and builds on this form for the rest of the season.

Holy shit. That comment was before he detonated on Plumlee.
Nah, he's in a trade package for another wing defender / shooter as soon as Ayton & McGee are healthy.
No, we need a rebounding PF that can play next to Ayton. Maybe Smith himself can do that, though.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 6666
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

So many things to like about this but I think my favorite is that he's actually showing some emotion out there.

UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 14890
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:36 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:32 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:27 pm
The Suns can't trade Smith if he maintains and builds on this form for the rest of the season.

Holy shit. That comment was before he detonated on Plumlee.
At the very least he’s created real trade value. If we haven’t burned the bridge I’d like to keep him around and still re-sign him, but if we do turn him into a real piece that can help us win the title, I won’t complain. But ya, we can’t dump him for like a Torrey Craig now. Gotta be a bigger piece coming back.
He's playing exactly like the type of guy they need, a small ball Center.

I can't deny that I'm a bit perplexed as to why he wasn't given a real opportunity until now. At a minimum, he's a rebounding machine and that's probably the weakest part of this team.
True, but he’s doing it in the regular season. I still think I’d take the chance to move him if the right trade came around. Would you trust to put him in in say a game 7 where Ayton/McGee are getting beat on switches by a small ball lineup and we need another option?
My wish list: Nic Batum, Eric Gordon, Larry Nance Jr, Harrison Barnes, PJ Washington, Kenrich Williams, Torrey Craig

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 6666
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:37 pm
carey wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:33 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:27 pm
The Suns can't trade Smith if he maintains and builds on this form for the rest of the season.

Holy shit. That comment was before he detonated on Plumlee.
Nah, he's in a trade package for another wing defender / shooter as soon as Ayton & McGee are healthy.
No, we need a rebounding PF that can play next to Ayton. Maybe Smith himself can do that, though.
I strongly disagree. Typically "rebounding PF's" can't shoot, and that'll hinder Ayton's offensive opportunities.

This team doesn't need someone to play with Ayton, they need someone to play behind him.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

JeremyG
Posts: 2750
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:41 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:37 pm
carey wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:33 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:27 pm
The Suns can't trade Smith if he maintains and builds on this form for the rest of the season.

Holy shit. That comment was before he detonated on Plumlee.
Nah, he's in a trade package for another wing defender / shooter as soon as Ayton & McGee are healthy.
No, we need a rebounding PF that can play next to Ayton. Maybe Smith himself can do that, though.
I strongly disagree. Typically "rebounding PF's" can't shoot, and that'll hinder Ayton's offensive opportunities.

This team doesn't need someone to play with Ayton, they need someone to play behind him.
We need someone to help Ayton with rebounding, especially when Ayton is defending the shooter. McGee is our second best rebounder but he can't really play with Ayton.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 14890
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Game Day: Suns (27-8) @ Hornets (19-17), Sun 1/2/21

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:41 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:37 pm
carey wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:33 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:27 pm
The Suns can't trade Smith if he maintains and builds on this form for the rest of the season.

Holy shit. That comment was before he detonated on Plumlee.
Nah, he's in a trade package for another wing defender / shooter as soon as Ayton & McGee are healthy.
No, we need a rebounding PF that can play next to Ayton. Maybe Smith himself can do that, though.
I strongly disagree. Typically "rebounding PF's" can't shoot, and that'll hinder Ayton's offensive opportunities.

This team doesn't need someone to play with Ayton, they need someone to play behind him.
Ya our rebounding is fine. Ayton is a great rebounder and can handle it. What I’m looking for is a small ball 5 option or more specifically a big wing that can play small ball 5. One that can be a bit of a playmaking hub in the 2nd unit would be nice too.
My wish list: Nic Batum, Eric Gordon, Larry Nance Jr, Harrison Barnes, PJ Washington, Kenrich Williams, Torrey Craig

Post Reply