Around the League: Week 12 (1/3 - 1/9)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Around the League: Week 12 (1/3 - 1/9)

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:50 pm
On brand in more than one way.

I'll never forget when they thought it was fun to punch down on the Suns and us Suns fans.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Hmmm
I will let y'all do the venting

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

What do you all think? Did Ayton being out with Covid ruin his chance/momentum at being an All-Star this year (even if he comes back as good as ever soon)? Or does he still have a chance?

Cool to see him on the fan voting list, at 19th in the West.

Booker is 12th and Paul is 14th...will the coaches snub Booker again?
Last edited by JeremyG on Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hmm, tells me Ja will probably get the other starting guard spot as I think the media/players vote will push him ahead of Luka.

Those numbers scare me for front court though. PG and Wiggins have a real shot to sneak in as a starter since there is no good 3rd option. Hopefully Dray gets it as I know he’s getting in anyways. If PG or Wiggins snag the 3rd starter spot, can kiss Ayton’s chances goodbye.

Luckily nothing egregious like Laker fans voting in Westbrook and/or AD. Klay being above Booker is stupid but kinda hilarious. Warriors fans are getting after it.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:03 pm
Hmmm
I will let y'all do the venting

They just need to eliminate fan voting. It’s dumb. Who are these fans? Every team promotes their players for ASG. If a few million show up to vote for Lebron, they’re gonna click on their shit supporting cast too. Melo? AD has been trash.

Indy

Post by Indy »

To be honest, Ja is much more electrifying that Booker or any other guard on that list that isn't Curry. Doesn't mean I think he is a better player, just better at generating fan votes. I mean Transformers 7 or Star Wars 15 or Indy 5 will make a billion dollars. Doesn't mean they are great movies.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ja has been pretty dang good as well. I'm actually ok with him being the other starting guard.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah my comparison to shitty movies wasn't about him. He has earned a spot.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

It's laughable that Klay Thompson -- who hasn't played in 2 1/2 seasons -- is fourth in voting.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The fan vote is dumb and is why I voted for Robin Lopez in the East. Every season I find a new way to care less about everything related to the All-Star game.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

There’s rarely an undeserving player that gets in due to fan voting though. The media/player votes help there. Also as annoying as it might be to have Klay 4th, that’s still not a starting spot so it’s essentially meaningless. The fan votes count for nothing once the starters are chosen.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

LazarusLong wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:20 pm
It's laughable that Klay Thompson -- who hasn't played in 2 1/2 seasons -- is fourth in voting.
That's the one that got me. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:33 pm
There’s rarely an undeserving player that gets in due to fan voting though. The media/player votes help there. Also as annoying as it might be to have Klay 4th, that’s still not a starting spot so it’s essentially meaningless. The fan votes count for nothing once the starters are chosen.
Exactly, if you were told the starting lineup for the West is this:
Curry
Ja
PG13
Lebron
Jokic

How could you complain? Yeah you could argue a bit here and there, but those guys have had great seasons so far. The arguments come down when you start to fill out the roster, and potentially replace PG if he is still out come February.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL, the fan voting is always good for a few laughs. LaMarcus Aldridge is on the list.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Absolutely. The guys who get in due to fan vote are locks to be an All-Star in November, so the fan vote is insignificant. What I intended to convey was that I don't care about the reporting on it, no offense bajanguy :lol:.

Undoubtedly, there will be some talking head show where they squeeze a whole fake debate about something like Klay Thompson being 4th in fan vote instead of talking about something related to actual basketball games.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ja has mastered the art shooting after landing and not being called for it. It's a cool trick that gives him an advantage that nobody else has.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:47 pm
Split T wrote:
Exactly, if you were told the starting lineup for the West is this:
Curry
Ja
PG13
Lebron
Jokic

How could you complain? Yeah you could argue a bit here and there, but those guys have had great seasons so far. The arguments come down when you start to fill out the roster, and potentially replace PG if he is still out come February.
Well I will be upset if PG gets it…he’s certainly deserving most years, but he’s missed half the season and been pretty inefficient. I think Draymond will sneak ahead after the player and media votes

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I actually think that the Warriors win this game anyway, which is sad.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

pickle

Post by pickle »

There was that one year the Georgian vote carried that one center who put his foot under Kawhi’s foot to beat the Spurs. What was his name…?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Zaza Pachulia