Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 5253
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by Shabazz »

Crap! Needed a reminder, sorry.

Do you guys still want one or should we just roll with last week’s?
Main: Schroder, DFS, Powell, Olynyk, EG, Tate, Ju. Holiday, Craig, Hart, Kenrich, Muscala, Nance, Roco, KBD, Thad
Tier 2: TLC, Juancho, T. Brown Jr, Kleber, Nnaji, Lyles, Ibaka, Knox, Roby, Bagley
$: Washington, Wood, SloMo, Clarke, Barnes, Boucher

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 4723
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:40 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:27 pm
Hmmm, would you do Smith for Nesmith or Langford?
I don't see how that better prepares them for the playoffs.
What he said :)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 4723
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by bajanguy008 »

Gilbert cut his career short so no surprise but would not have guessed T-Mac

That's a solid accomplishment even if it speaks to his longevity

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 9150
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by ShelC »

I think passing both guys is pretty surprising considering the scorers they were. But they weren't necessarily big 3pt shooters either, especially during that time in the league. I feel like TMac and Gilbert playing today would be averaging like 40, making 6-7 threes a game.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 14053
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:15 am
I think passing both guys is pretty surprising considering the scorers they were. But they weren't necessarily big 3pt shooters either, especially during that time in the league. I feel like TMac and Gilbert playing today would be averaging like 40, making 6-7 threes a game.
There are a lot of guys who would have had crazy stats if they played today. Think of Steve Nash playing right now; he'd have hit 2500 3s easily. Arenas would have been bombing them all game long; he was a pretty decent shooter from long range. It's pretty amazing that guys like Dan Majerle are remembered as 3-point assassins when his stats were quite pedestrian compared to most players today.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 9150
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by ShelC »

I thought he sounded a little sick in those postgame videos in Toronto but was hoping it was the mic/audio. Hopefully it's not the 'rona.


User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 14053
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by Mori Chu »

Didn't CP3 just have COVID during last playoffs? Surprising to get it twice ~ 6 months apart.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 14857
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by Split T »

Must have had a questionable test come back. Perhaps he was exposed and because he recently had Covid, his immune system is taking care of it and keeping his viral load very low…hence a questionable test.

I believe I read something about the number of cycles it takes to get a positive result…if it’s more than like 35, you can still play and aren’t considered contagious. Maybe CP3 was just over 35 and they are holding him out as a precaution so he doesn’t get worse and spread to the rest of the team. Hopefully we don’t have an issue, it would be nice to avoid any further Covid outbreaks on the team.
My wish list: Nic Batum, Eric Gordon, Larry Nance Jr, Robert Covington, PJ Washington

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 9150
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by ShelC »


User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 14053
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by Mori Chu »

Phew!

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5474
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:28 pm
Didn't CP3 just have COVID during last playoffs? Surprising to get it twice ~ 6 months apart.
I’ve now had several people that have had COVID twice within the last 4-6 months

User avatar
SunsRIt
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:00 am

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by SunsRIt »

I know people who are vaccinated who have had Covid twice. One spent a month in the hospital.

Drewsprocket
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by Drewsprocket »

Past infection makes you more susceptible to omicron. Herd immunity is a lie at this point. The virus beats your immune system’s adaptive memory. It infects way faster than your body can prevent infection. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
I hope JJ makes a bug splash in the trade market.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 14053
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:35 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:28 pm
Didn't CP3 just have COVID during last playoffs? Surprising to get it twice ~ 6 months apart.
I’ve now had several people that have had COVID twice within the last 4-6 months
But "natural immunity" makes you completely safe forever! Look at this link from totallytrustworthynews.pl.cn.ru ... :)

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5474
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:59 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:35 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:28 pm
Didn't CP3 just have COVID during last playoffs? Surprising to get it twice ~ 6 months apart.
I’ve now had several people that have had COVID twice within the last 4-6 months
But "natural immunity" makes you completely safe forever! Look at this link from totallytrustworthynews.pl.cn.ru ... :)
Haha rhe .pl.cn.ru is the best part

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 15259
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by Indy »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:51 pm
Past infection makes you more susceptible to omicron. Herd immunity is a lie at this point. The virus beats your immune system’s adaptive memory. It infects way faster than your body can prevent infection. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
I hope JJ makes a bug splash in the trade market.
I am not sure how to take this part.

Drewsprocket
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by Drewsprocket »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:56 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:51 pm
Past infection makes you more susceptible to omicron. Herd immunity is a lie at this point. The virus beats your immune system’s adaptive memory. It infects way faster than your body can prevent infection. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
I hope JJ makes a bug splash in the trade market.
I am not sure how to take this part.
Lol. Sorry.

User avatar
pickle
Posts: 2493
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by pickle »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:56 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:51 pm
Past infection makes you more susceptible to omicron. Herd immunity is a lie at this point. The virus beats your immune system’s adaptive memory. It infects way faster than your body can prevent infection. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
I hope JJ makes a bug splash in the trade market.
I am not sure how to take this part.
He means we will find a bug in the system and take advantage of a trade partner in an egregious way. Like Saric for Isaac straight up. As a former IT guy you should’ve known!

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 14857
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by Split T »

I was thinking Ant Edwards
My wish list: Nic Batum, Eric Gordon, Larry Nance Jr, Robert Covington, PJ Washington

User avatar
pickle
Posts: 2493
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by pickle »

Only if he grows three more inches.

Post Reply