Suns News: Week 15 (1/24 to 1/30)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
pickle

Re: Suns News: Week 15 (1/24 to 1/30)

Post by pickle »

That McGee story might be strumming up controversy for clicks... but I was thinking how people talk about conditioning being a big part of a pro athlete's game and how specifically Ayton and McGee are affected by longer layoffs, while Biyombo came in cold off the streets and immediately started playing 25+ mpg. I guess everyone is built differently.

Is Justin Jackson still on the roster?

Split T

Post by Split T »

No Jackson didn’t have his 10 day renewed

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I was listening to a BSotS podcast yesterday and they mentioned our TV viewership numbers are lower then our very bad years of terrible play on the court since the move to Bally Sports. What a shame. Some of the all time best Suns basketball and so many fans are missing out. During the pandemic of all times.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:32 pm
I was listening to a BSotS podcast yesterday and they mentioned our TV viewership numbers are lower then our very bad years of terrible play on the court since the move to Bally Sports. What a shame. Some of the all time best Suns basketball and so many fans are missing out. During the pandemic of all times.
Bally Sports may have shot themselves in the foot by pricing themselves off of the streaming services, and now they're having some problems lining up baseball teams for their own proposed service.

Hard to sell a year-long package without major league baseball to fill the summer nights.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:36 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Bally Sports may have shot themselves in the foot by pricing themselves off of the streaming services, and now they're having some problems lining up baseball teams for their own proposed service.

Hard to sell a year-long package without major league baseball to fill the summer nights.
I pay for streams through someone else for $20 a month in the not legal space because a viable option doesn't exist. Bally Sports isn't a part of YouTube TV (which I pay for with Hulu, Netflix and Prime) and I cut the cord a long time ago. I'd pay for NBA League Pass if they didn't have local blackouts. It had zero to do with cost and me not wanting to pay to watch the Suns. The options suck. So many young fans are missing out on all time prime Suns basketball.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:43 pm
The Bobster wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

I pay for streams through someone else for $20 a month in the not legal space because a viable option doesn't exist. Bally Sports isn't a part of YouTube TV (which I pay for with Hulu, Netflix and Prime) and I cut the cord a long time ago. I'd pay for NBA League Pass if they didn't have local blackouts. It had zero to do with cost and me not wanting to pay to watch the Suns. The options suck. So many young fans are missing out on all time prime Suns basketball.
Streaming games on my computer at work is a no go too. Even though I can in my phone. It says I can only watch on my computer if I’m on my home WiFi network. I don’t get it.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Bally Sports is still on DirecTV Stream, but only if you pay for the $85/month package.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:00 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:59 pm
ShelC wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:57 pm
Re-evaluated in 2 weeks. Crowder day-to-day.
And FLEX says that they'll need rest in order to heal.
Damn. They usually prescribe 72 hours of straight strip clubs on shrooms. I'm sure Payne is bummed.
Cure all for nearly injury, no?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:43 pm
The Bobster wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

They're losing out on the young kids and capturing their loyalty. Bally's is the fucking worst.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:47 pm
Bally Sports is still on DirecTV Stream, but only if you pay for the $85/month package.
When I tried to sign up recently, they also wanted me to play for a box for over $400 too. I told them to stick it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Guess this person doesn't have many followers to get traction but this is an underrated tweet right here 🙂✌️

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:10 am
Guess this person doesn't have many followers to get traction but this is an underrated tweet right here 🙂✌️

7 minutes or less? Like we destroy everyone in the final 7 minutes?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Great news on the James Jones extension. He's one of the best to do it right now and I've always feared he'd bolt out of town for a better deal at an organization with a more financially flexible owner. (also an owner who isn't a jackass)

I first came across the 7SOL as 5MOL last week. I get the tendency to keep the 7-7 connection for meme's sake, but it really is 5MOL if we're paying attention to the games.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:27 am
bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:10 am

7 minutes or less? Like we destroy everyone in the final 7 minutes?
I thought it was 7 months or less. Like we're going to win the NBA Championship in 7 months or less. :D
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Jones totally earned that extension. Good for him.

The Sarver controversy turned into a big nothingburger.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:44 am
Jones totally earned that extension. Good for him.

The Sarver controversy turned into a big nothingburger.
Well the investigation hasn’t returned its results yet, so we’re still in a holding pattern

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Speak of the devil. Go figure. James Jones is extended, which is great news, and ESPN decides to post this article at the same time:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/331 ... estigation

Can't let the world forget about the Sarver disfunction, right ESPN?

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

ESPN is morphing into the TMZ of the sports world ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:14 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:47 pm
When I tried to sign up recently, they also wanted me to play for a box for over $400 too. I told them to stick it.
I ended up getting Apollo Group for $160 a year and get all of the games alone with just about anything else you would want to watch. The interesting thing is that local broadcasts don't have commercials, it shows the live stuff you would usually see at home games. I really enjoy it and it makes me feel more like I'm there.
You can also chose if you are watching the AZ broadcast or the other market we are playing. The homers are strong and very comical but I still prefer listening to our broadcast.