Around The League: Week 16 (1/31 to 2/5)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
pickle

Re: Around The League: Week 16 (1/31 to 2/5)

Post by pickle »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:30 pm
“That let’s you know how respectful he is.”

Oh wait it doesn’t.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Quite appropriate for BallsackSports.
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Gonna put this here instead of the current week's thread

Off the top of my head I think it's only Split who really rates Paul George :oops: but yea this just popped up on my timeline and I could watch these two all day tbh

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t think it’s me, I’m a Paul George believer haha

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Split T wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:28 pm
I think you read Hates and not Rates lol
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:35 pm
Split T wrote:
Lol, yes I did, haha. My bad

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:54 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Split T wrote:
Yeah, I am the hater. Not because I don't think he has great basketball skills. But because I think he is a shortcut guy and not willing to sacrifice for the game. I just don't see him as someone that can be the #1 on a championship team.

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

Indy wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:02 pm
Split T wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
Split T wrote:
Yeah, I am the hater. Not because I don't think he has great basketball skills. But because I think he is a shortcut guy and not willing to sacrifice for the game. I just don't see him as someone that can be the #1 on a championship team.
As great as he was against us in the playoffs last year, his choking on free throws at the end of the game when things are on the line make me feel like he lacks that killer instinct. If you were to switch Booker and George, Booker would have made the shots to seal the win...and that is why I'm happier with Booker.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Split T wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
Split T wrote:
I agree with this too, he’s not got the alpha mentality imo. I actually thought he and Westbrook were a good fit, Westbrook had the alpha mentality without exactly having the game. It let George be a #2 and just play. I think he’d pair well with the CP3/Lowry types. He needs a leader, but he can do pretty much everything on the court. Defends 1-4, can play on and off ball. Can shoot, can drive, can pass. He honestly is a seamless fit anywhere, just don’t expect him to be the alpha dog…although he was pretty impressive early in his career in Indy and last year against us after Kawhi went out.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Split T wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:58 pm
Indy wrote:
Split T wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
Split T wrote:
I agree with this too, he’s not got the alpha mentality imo. I actually thought he and Westbrook were a good fit, Westbrook had the alpha mentality without exactly having the game. It let George be a #2 and just play. I think he’d pair well with the CP3/Lowry types. He needs a leader, but he can do pretty much everything on the court. Defends 1-4, can play on and off ball. Can shoot, can drive, can pass. He honestly is a seamless fit anywhere, just don’t expect him to be the alpha dog…although he was pretty impressive early in his career in Indy and last year against us after Kawhi went out.
He needs to become a more mature player, and get a real PR guy. He keeps shooting himself in the foot and there's a reason why most people seem to enjoy the schadenfreude from his failures.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I get that too, I just don’t care about it…people make way too big of deals about very little things sometimes. Like PG calling himself playoff P, or standing his ground that Lillard took a bad shot, or his shot that hit the side of the backboard in the bubble. Point is none of that says anything about PG as a basketball player. But it’s turned people against him. Booker suffers from some similar stuff with his no double team comment and now him shooing the Raptors mascot away…or celebrating 70 points in a loss.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Split T wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:25 pm
Ya I get that too, I just don’t care about it…people make way too big of deals about very little things sometimes. Like PG calling himself playoff P, or standing his ground that Lillard took a bad shot, or his shot that hit the side of the backboard in the bubble. Point is none of that says anything about PG as a basketball player. But it’s turned people against him. Booker suffers from some similar stuff with his no double team comment and now him shooing the Raptors mascot away…or celebrating 70 points in a loss.
I both agree and disagree. People can and should have personalities that should not impact their performance on the court ... until it affects chemistry. He can call himself whatever. I'm far more bothered by the shit he pulled in Indiana. I've read that he organized starters only dinners and generally carried himself as being better than the other players... slept with Hibbert's gf and basically ruining his psyche ... these are rumors and may not necessarily be fully substantiated, but I subscribe to the where there's smoke there's fire line of thought, and some shit was happening there. Also I do remember pretty clearly that when the Pacers lost a close playoff game where Rodney Stuckey took the last shot, he complained and said that the superstars need to be taking last shots. I recall basketball community thinking the Pacers got fleeced when they traded him for Dipo and Sabonis, and reading at the time that the Pacers specifically wanted to trade him to a shit situation.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Interesting, I never heard any of the Indy stuff..I do agree there can be off the court stuff that is harmful and that stuff you mentioned is a lot worse than the stuff I mentioned or any stuff Booker gets crap for.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Lol at Cam Payne here:

Indy

Post by Indy »

that was a quick back track by Payne

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:31 am
Lol at Cam Payne here:

Is Cam wrong though? They just lost to a G League Portland team. I'm sure it's nauseating to the guys to have to listen to people talk about the Lakers all the time. And, Cam doesn't even care. He's talked his shiiii to LeBron and the Lakers to their face during the game. He sits in post game press conferences with LA hats with the "LA" upside down. He's a Laker hater, and he'll talk it to their fans too. Just for this fact, he's untradeable to me, haha.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:39 am
Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:31 am
Lol at Cam Payne here:

Is Cam wrong though? They just lost to a G League Portland team. I'm sure it's nauseating to the guys to have to listen to people talk about the Lakers all the time. And, Cam doesn't even care. He's talked his shiiii to LeBron and the Lakers to their face during the game. He sits in post game press conferences with LA hats with the "LA" upside down. He's a Laker hater, and he'll talk it to their fans too. Just for this fact, he's untradeable to me, haha.
Yep, he's one of us.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Funny clip, but if I were Cam, I wouldn't give the Lakers any locker room material. They might qualify for the 8 seed in the play-in and face us in the first round.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:11 am
Funny clip, but if I were Cam, I wouldn't give the Lakers any locker room material. They might qualify for the 8 seed in the play-in and face us in the first round.
So what. We busted their ass last time and we'll bust it again.
"Be Legendary."

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:48 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:11 am
So what. We busted their ass last time and we'll bust it again.
Thanks Mike.