Around the League Week 17 (2/7 - 2/13)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Around the League Week 17 (2/7 - 2/13)

Post by Split T »

Siakam has been awesome this year, honestly he was the biggest snub for the all star game. Should’ve been in over Middleton.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:00 pm
At least go get him like a CJ McCollum, a good player that doesn’t need the ball. Though I’m pretty convinced that it doesn’t really matter how good you are, if you can only play with the ball in your hands, you’re not going to win any titles. Too predictable in a 7 game series against an elite defense.
I'd rather see a good perimeter defender next to Luka, somebody like a Lu Dort. But yeah, I am not very scared of that Mavs team. It's just the Luka Usage Rate all stars over there. They have some nice various players, but Luka doesn't seem like he makes others around him better. If anything, his gravity kind of diminishes everyone else you put around him. And I'm not convinced that he is good enough to be worth that.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:58 pm
Split T wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:00 pm
At least go get him like a CJ McCollum, a good player that doesn’t need the ball. Though I’m pretty convinced that it doesn’t really matter how good you are, if you can only play with the ball in your hands, you’re not going to win any titles. Too predictable in a 7 game series against an elite defense.
I'd rather see a good perimeter defender next to Luka, somebody like a Lu Dort. But yeah, I am not very scared of that Mavs team. It's just the Luka Usage Rate all stars over there. They have some nice various players, but Luka doesn't seem like he makes others around him better. If anything, his gravity kind of diminishes everyone else you put around him. And I'm not convinced that he is good enough to be worth that.
I think you need both…like Luka is obviously good, but he hasn’t even reached prime Harden level yet. Harden was pretty significantly more efficient. He’s got to get to that level before I’d say he doesn’t need another shot creator next to him. And ya, you need defenders as well.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I watched this masterclass in failure unfold. Knicks had an 18-point lead with 6:30 remaining in the 4th.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:54 pm
They may really think it can work like that and appear to be building that way but guys like Brunson, DSF, Kleiber, Josh Powell and the rest of their role players aren't Kidd, Terry, Marion, Butler or Chandler.
Of all those Dallas role players you only got Brunson’s name right … probably says as much about the strength of their team as anything else. Couldn’t resist. Sorry.

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

Only saw the very end of the play by play between the Lakers and Warriors. Score is 117 Warriors to 114 Lakers, Westbrook gets the defensive rebound and Lakers have the ball. King James is fouled on a 3 point attempt by Curry with 2 seconds left and he bricks the first free throw, makes the second and then misses the third so they can try to get the rebound. He gets the rebound but can't get a shot off.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Lakers get the loose ball by shoving Otto Porter, but it’s not like we have refs in this game of basketball or anything.

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

They still lose and that makes me happy.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Insanely jealous that the Warriors have Kuminga. He’s got potential to be a monster. This rookie class is special.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Why do suns fans love Dragic so much? I mean I like him and have some fond memories, but we go a little crazy over a guy that publicly demanded a trade out…usually those guys get booed when they come back. They don’t have fans wishing he’d come back to the team.

My best guess is two things:

1. He’s the most memorable part of that 2010 sweep of the much hated Spurs when he dropped like 25 in the 4th and turned a game we were losing into a blowout in our favor. Was that the series clinching game?

2. He was the main catalyst for the 1 good team we had during the 2010 decade in that 13-14 season.

It’s also easy to blame McD for pushing Dragic away by creating a chemistry issue with all the pg’s.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:57 am

Why do suns fans love Dragic so much? I mean I like him and have some fond memories, but we go a little crazy over a guy that publicly demanded a trade out…usually those guys get booed when they come back. They don’t have fans wishing he’d come back to the team.

My best guess is two things:

1. He’s the most memorable part of that 2010 sweep of the much hated Spurs when he dropped like 25 in the 4th and turned a game we were losing into a blowout in our favor. Was that the series clinching game?

2. He was the main catalyst for the 1 good team we had during the 2010 decade in that 13-14 season.

It’s also easy to blame McD for pushing Dragic away by creating a chemistry issue with all the pg’s.
It was that McD backed the wrong horse. He’s to blame. Dragic was the best part of that one good team and he won most improved that season.
"Be Legendary."

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

yeah I'm still strong on Dragic.. but if he goes to the Lakers then fuck him.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

He's close to 36 years old and hasn't really played a good game since the Heat's first playoff game in this past May. He's probably not going to be disaster for 15-20 minutes a game, but is he any better than a typical 3rd PG on a real contender?

He's beloved in Miami but they're not even interested when they have Gabe Vincent and Victor Oladipo (maybe?) backing up Kyle Lowry. I think that's pretty telling.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

I'm still a fan of him, but also realize that he may not have enough to help us at this point.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

🤦🏾‍♂️

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:

Simply put, he was good. He learned the game under Nash, and he was the heir apparent to Stevie. He was no Nash, but his shot greatly improved over his first several years, and he was solid at running the offense. He wasn't selfish and he helped set up others. He just generally was a good locker room guy and a good team player who made other guys better. I really liked having him as our starting PG. And of course there was that playoff game where he basically single-handedly assassinated the Spurs en route to a Suns sweep; I'll never forget that.

He'd never come back here, though; we did him dirty not once but twice. He probably has a much fonder relationship with the Heat at this point. Pity. We seem to end on bad terms with most of our point guards (Nash, Dragic, Bledsoe, ...); hopefully the same won't be true for CP3.

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:13 am
Split T wrote:

Simply put, he was good. He learned the game under Nash, and he was the heir apparent to Stevie. He was no Nash, but his shot greatly improved over his first several years, and he was solid at running the offense. He wasn't selfish and he helped set up others. He just generally was a good locker room guy and a good team player who made other guys better. I really liked having him as our starting PG. And of course there was that playoff game where he basically single-handedly assassinated the Spurs en route to a Suns sweep; I'll never forget that.

He'd never come back here, though; we did him dirty not once but twice. He probably has a much fonder relationship with the Heat at this point. Pity. We seem to end on bad terms with most of our point guards (Nash, Dragic, Bledsoe, ...); hopefully the same won't be true for CP3.
Different GM. I still put a lot of the blame on how things were handled by McDonut. On the flip side, all the losing did get us Booker and Ayton, so there is that. Things have felt different when. We trade a player and how our front office deals with players then in the past and that is a good thing.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Oh chaaa
Bummer

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
For the record, we didn't end on bad terms with Nash.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:16 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
For the record, we didn't end on bad terms with Nash.
I guess it's all relative. I don't think we ended on "horrible" terms with Nash, but I don't think he is left with much fondness for our franchise, or especially for Robert Sarver.