All Star Weekend 2022

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: All Star Weekend 2022

Post by AmareIsGod »

I had an avulsion fracture of my right ankle when I was 30. The ligaments hyperextended in such a way that they pull bone spurs with them.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Middleton had time to pass ahead to Book :roll: :roll:
Lol
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

pickle

Post by pickle »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:55 pm
I had an avulsion fracture of my right ankle when I was 30. The ligaments hyperextended in such a way that they pull bone spurs with them.
Ouch. How long did it take you to recover? Think one of my friends just had the same injury and the doctors said 6 weeks.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Split T wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:49 pm
Can’t believe you guys wouldn’t want LeBron…we can move on though, I’m just bored without any basketball to talk about haha
No thanks to LeBron and the whole circus that surrounds him. As soon as he gets here he’ll probably try to trade Mikal for Wade.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

2 to 3 months. I was in a hard thin cast, like he was wearing in photos, and crutches for about a month. Then an air boot thing that I could carefully put weight on for 2 or 3 weeks. Then rehab and trying to work down the swelling from the sprain and the underlying stiff tissue and ligaments. It sucked.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Not worried about CP3

Split T

Post by Split T »

pickle wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:05 pm
Split T wrote:
Can’t believe you guys wouldn’t want LeBron…we can move on though, I’m just bored without any basketball to talk about haha
No thanks to LeBron and the whole circus that surrounds him. As soon as he gets here he’ll probably try to trade Mikal for Wade.
We’d already have a proven championship level team, he wouldn’t need to tinker. He also would already have a good chunk of his boys here.

A top 5 of CP3/Book/Bridges/Cam/LeBron would be elite. Keep McGee and Biyombo around to limit regular season minutes at the 5 for LeBron. Crowder and Craig would also be in the wing rotation and some combo of Holiday, Payne, Shamet, new addition as the bench backcourt.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I honestly find LeBron and Crowder in the same locker room to be the least believable part of all that. :lol:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Obviously Split is typing so I can't say he "said it with a straight face"
But you just typed LeBron wouldn't need to tinker....
Say what now ?
Which universe is that possible in :twisted:

Split T

Post by Split T »

They were teammates in Cleveland…also Book and Crowder had beef before being teammates…I don’t think it’d be an issue

pickle

Post by pickle »

Split T wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:27 pm
pickle wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:05 pm
Split T wrote:
We’d already have a proven championship level team, he wouldn’t need to tinker. He also would already have a good chunk of his boys here.

A top 5 of CP3/Book/Bridges/Cam/LeBron would be elite. Keep McGee and Biyombo around to limit regular season minutes at the 5 for LeBron. Crowder and Craig would also be in the wing rotation and some combo of Holiday, Payne, Shamet, new addition as the bench backcourt.
I agree with everything on paper. I just don't think at any point in his career LeBron was actually good for chemistry. You either were his guy or you were out. The way he traded the whole Lakers youth lineup for AD was highly entertaining for me. And that Pelinka "stood up" to him (the irony of a front office rejecting a trade and having to explain himself to players is not lost on me) by not trading for Wall brings just as much schadenfreude warmth to my heart.

The day LeBron takes a Carmelo style turn in his approach to his role is the day I'll consider bringing him to the Suns. For Carmelo it took about 1.5 years on the sidelines sipping wine. For LeBron that day might never come.

pickle

Post by pickle »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:06 pm
2 to 3 months. I was in a hard thin cast, like he was wearing in photos, and crutches for about a month. Then an air boot thing that I could carefully put weight on for 2 or 3 weeks. Then rehab and trying to work down the swelling from the sprain and the underlying stiff tissue and ligaments. It sucked.
Sorry to hear that AIG, sounds truly awful.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I mean trading for AD got him a title. And Carmelo needed to be humbled because she just wasn’t a star anymore. LeBron is still a top 5 player on the planet. He’d immediately be our best player…

I guess I’m alone in this though and it’s pointless to talk about now. Let’s just win the title and we don’t ever need to think about it.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Yes trading for AD did give them a title, I agree with that. But it doesn’t disprove the point that he loves to tinker and mode the team to his preference wherever he goes. Standing from afar it looks like he doesn’t necessarily want a championship where he needs to share the credit.

I’ve said this in a different argument on whether to trade Ayton for Sabonis (also a purely theoretical exercise), but given that our chemistry is one of our biggest strengths I’m just not willing to mess with that by bringing in LeBron, even if he is still a top five player at this point in his career.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Also, I’m not trying to be argumentative. As you said it’s a slow week for basketball and I guess even tho I think the CP3 news is generally a best case scenario I’m still a bit nervous so I’m trying to talk about stuff to get my mind out of the abyss it is sliding towards.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Who's winning? I'm confused about this dual scoring system format. I just turned it on so I missed the explanation pregame.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

My motto, don’t fix what’s not broken. Trading for Shaq was going to push us over the top too. It didn’t. We are in first place with the best Suns record ever. Chemistry is off the charts good. Lebron would be a huge change. I’m not buying into it. I say no.

I watched the skills competition. It was just ok. I watched the 3 pt competition. It was great seeing the big guy win it. I started watching the dunk contest and thought it was beyond lame. One guy jumps over another guy and cheats pushing off on him for height and has to take several attempts to even pull it off. The next guy jumps over a guy, doesn’t push off, goes behind his back with the left hand and to the right hand and dunks it on the first attempt and gets a lower score. Then the next guy takes a bunch of attempts and fails at a even remotely come close to dunking the ball. I don’t even know if he ever dunked the ball because I was done. I started watching the All Star game but the complete lack of any defense made me fast forward to the second quarter and a new set of players. Same result, zero defense. I get it that nobody wants to get hurt. It just didn’t hold my interest so I turned it off.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:34 pm
They were teammates in Cleveland…also Book and Crowder had beef before being teammates…I don’t think it’d be an issue
You're probably right, but IIRC, LeBron and Crowder had a little rivalry going in their Cleveland vs. Boston days.

Crowder was traded to Cleveland in the Kyrie Irving deal, but he didn't even last until the All-Star break before Cleveland (LeBron) sent him to Utah.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shaq wasn’t good anymore though…that was a desperation move. We moved a player that wasn’t happy and we didn’t want to pay for a shot in the dark. Just hoping we could get Shaq healthier and back to his previous level. He got a bit better, but nothing near his first couple years in Miami.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Curry is going bonkers right now