Game Day: Jazz (37-22) @ Suns (49-11), Sun 2/27/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Game Day: Jazz (37-22) @ Suns (49-11), Sun 2/27/22

Post by ShelC »

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Seems this team has been spoiled by CP's presence, especially in late game situations. Monty and the staff have to be better in either calling that TO or relaying to the players to call that TO on a stop. Everyone just froze and it led to a bad TO that we know doesn't happen with CP out there. Good learning experience, but also disappointing given our overall experience at this point.

The refs overturning the foul on Book but calling it on Cam is bullshit. They should only look at the call being challenged, not correct something else they might have missed on the play. The league needs to clean that up.

It's good that we're competing and hanging against a team like the Jazz without CP. We're still a very good team. Take away any team's main facilitator and there's going to be dropoff. Even getting Payne back will be a boost and take pressure off of Book, Holiday, even Cam and Mikal.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:27 am
Seems this team has been spoiled by CP's presence, especially in late game situations. Monty and the staff have to be better in either calling that TO or relaying to the players to call that TO on a stop. Everyone just froze and it led to a bad TO that we know doesn't happen with CP out there. Good learning experience, but also disappointing given our overall experience at this point.

The refs overturning the foul on Book but calling it on Cam is bullshit. They should only look at the call being challenged, not correct something else they might have missed on the play. The league needs to clean that up.

It's good that we're competing and hanging against a team like the Jazz without CP. We're still a very good team. Take away any team's main facilitator and there's going to be dropoff. Even getting Payne back will be a boost and take pressure off of Book, Holiday, even Cam and Mikal.
I thought the refs calling it on Cam was the right call- he got all forearm. If you’re reviewing a play your goal should be to get it right, not just focus in on what you called. Calling it no foul would have been wrong and if the tables were turned we would have been pissed

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

it may have been the right call overall, but that wasn't the challenge was it? If Book had 5 fouls and Monty challenged the foul call to change it to Cam, that's different. But he challenged the call on Book fouling Gobert so the refs should leave it at that. It's not a do-over for the refs.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yea I think JVG and Mark Jackson been going on about this forever now. That as you said Sauce, the aim of replay/challenge should be to get the call right but that the refs would only look at part of the play 🤷🏾‍♂️
I'm fairly certain I've heard them countless times saying Ok they're challenging who the ball went off of, but look that's clearly a foul but the refs not going to change that call only check who the ball went off of. Scenarios something like that so yea....
I think that's what Monty is confused about
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya just needs to be fair across the board…I have no problem with them getting the call right, you just need to be able to do it for all reviews. I hate those reviews where they missed a blatant foul and are trying to decide who the ball went out on and it has to be the offensive player because the defender got all arm. They should be able to change those to a foul as well.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

True