Suns News: Week 21 (3/7 to 3/13)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Suns News: Week 21 (3/7 to 3/13)

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't know if we have to win a title to keep Ayton. But if we don't win the title AND Ayton isn't awesome in the playoffs, then he might be gone. If it ends up like last year where we go deep in the playoffs (WCF or Finals) and Ayton is a monster every game, I think they'd really have to keep him.

Split T

Post by Split T »

At this point I think we have to keep him. He’s too good to let go. I’d love to get him at below the max, but unless we have something lined up to replace him in a S&T, just give him the max if that’s what it takes. We can always trade him later as he’ll have value, even on a max deal.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We'll get him. The only question is if it's a the max or near max. Won't be the super max.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

He won’t be eligible for the super max…needed to make All-NBA

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:03 pm
Like I said, won't be super max. :P
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
He likely won't, but isn't there a chance he surpasses Gobert in the voting? Like are all votes turned in before the first round is over? If Utah goes out again in Round 1 and it is clear people are attacking Gobert by switching him?

Jokic/Embiid are going to be 1st and 2nd team. But he still has a chance at 3rd.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think Towns is getting 3rd team and I think votes are in before the playoffs start. Though I do think Embiid and Jokic have a shot to both be 1st team. They were eligible at F last year and they’ve clearly been 2 of the top 5 guys. Without great alternatives, I’d put them both on the 1st team. But I still have Towns and Rudy ahead of Ayton. Ayton missed a lot of time which will factor in. Had he remained healthy all year I think he’d be close.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:38 pm
Split T wrote:
He likely won't, but isn't there a chance he surpasses Gobert in the voting? Like are all votes turned in before the first round is over? If Utah goes out again in Round 1 and it is clear people are attacking Gobert by switching him?

Jokic/Embiid are going to be 1st and 2nd team. But he still has a chance at 3rd.
I feel like voters haven't figured out about Ayton yet and will vote Gobert in almost no matter what.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:57 pm
I think Towns is getting 3rd team and I think votes are in before the playoffs start. Though I do think Embiid and Jokic have a shot to both be 1st team. They were eligible at F last year and they’ve clearly been 2 of the top 5 guys. Without great alternatives, I’d put them both on the 1st team. But I still have Towns and Rudy ahead of Ayton. Ayton missed a lot of time which will factor in. Had he remained healthy all year I think he’d be close.
It is so wonderful that we are so good this year I completely forgot Ayton missed 25% of the season. Or that Chris will miss 30% of the season. Or that Payne missed 25% of the season. Book currently at 14% if he plays every game the rest of the year. Cam Johnson and Jae Crowder each missed >10% of the season. That is crazy.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:59 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:38 pm
Split T wrote:

I feel like voters haven't figured out about Ayton yet and will vote Gobert in almost no matter what.
I think you are right, especially if votes come in before the Jazz are sent to Cancun.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

As long as he's playing with Chris Paul, Ayton's not going to get the credit he deserves for his offensive production. It'll take more than a couple of months without Paul and Ayton not randomly disappearing from games for the media to change that narrative.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.