Game Day: Raptors (35-30) @ Suns (53-13), Fri 3/11/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day: Raptors (35-30) @ Suns (53-13), Fri 3/11/22

Post by Superbone »

I’ll say one thing. The officiating felt really one sided. Seemed like we got a lot of touch fouls while Toronto was allowed to play very physically.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That has been a trend lately.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I'd love to hear what the justification was for upholding that challenged foul call on Booker. There was so much space between Booker and his man, and it was obviously an errant pass. What did the refs see that I didn't?

Split T

Post by Split T »

My issue with the challenges is it has to without doubt show 100% that the ref messed up. I’m sure the ref initially called Book for a push in the back…on replay it does show that Book was touching him when the pass came…Book quickly pulled away as Barnes jumped so he wouldn’t foul. The contact was so minimal that it’s pretty laughable it would ever be called…but there was ever so slight contact, so they didn’t overturn it.

My thing is if that wasn’t called a foul and Toronto challenged it to make it a foul, there’s no chance they overturn it to a foul. I don’t think 100% certain should be the threshold…I get if it’s a toss-up sticking with the call, but if you’re leaning 75% not a foul, then overturn it.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yea you guys basically summed up all my feelings

With the Knicks game fresh on my mind still I was ready for the 4th quarter despite the deficit. So enjoyed for the hundredth time lol that the guys showed that resiliency, they clearly hate to lose.

Book decision making at the end was indeed so rough. The passes yes but the decision on that last shot when down one was simply let me get this up quick because I'm getting doubled if I run a play.
Definite hero ball moment there that was less than ideal

That big lineup continues to intrigue

My concern is that there's definitely a trend with the refs. I always see it as a reputation thing, I wonder if we are perceived as a good defensive team but not physical.
So always feels like when we respond to physical play and start dishing out similar stuff that we get called as if it's out of character or something. Don't quite know how to describe it but it's like we be under the microscope when we raise our intensity
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I liked what I saw from Mikal
He was struggling a bit against physical perimeter defense the last few games but he was making tough plays last night

We know and teams know, he going usually hard left to dribble into his pull up and he really was putting his head down last night to get to his spots

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Can hear EJ lol
See people don't realize Devin got that sneaky athleticism. See Devin is smart, it's not that he can't make those plays but that guy is a scorer and rather saves his legs during the game. Every once in a while though he will surprise you and give guys a reminder

DA the hype man/trainer/coach 😀