Game Day: Suns (57-14) @ Kings (25-47), Sun 3/20/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Game Day: Suns (57-14) @ Kings (25-47), Sun 3/20/22

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

As is the case for a lot of good players in the league, Shamet seems to have trouble playing a 20mpg role. He's looked much better in the games he plays 25 minutes or more.

I'm a bit worried he'll lose the momentum he's recently built once the playoffs start and the roster is (hopefully) fully healthy. But I suppose it's good to know he can step up and play 30 minutes and not be scared or totally shit the bed.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:43 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:33 pm
2 more wins?
I'd like to see at least 5 more. I wouldn't mind yet another double digit winning streak though.
The conservative part of me wants to get the 2 more wins to clinch the 1 seed and then rest everyone until the first round.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya what I really want is to shatter the franchise record for wins, get everyone some rest, keep everyone healthy, and make sure everyone is playing at their best…is that too much to ask? Haha

What if we just blew teams out in the first half and let the bench play the 2nd half…I’d be cool with that. Don’t go back to the starters even if it’s getting close.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:51 am
Ya what I really want is to shatter the franchise record for wins, get everyone some rest, keep everyone healthy, and make sure everyone is playing at their best…is that too much to ask? Haha

What if we just blew teams out in the first half and let the bench play the 2nd half…I’d be cool with that. Don’t go back to the starters even if it’s getting close.
It's really hard to commit to a half-measure like that. I think if you want partial rest, you have to do it in more subtle ways that the players won't get as grumpy about. For example, you just give the starters longer rest and slightly cut their minutes, or you hold some guys out of back-to-backs, etc. But I think players don't like getting in uniform, stretched and warmed up, and then playing a weird half-game.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:54 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:51 am

It's really hard to commit to a half-measure like that. I think if you want partial rest, you have to do it in more subtle ways that the players won't get as grumpy about. For example, you just give the starters longer rest and slightly cut their minutes, or you hold some guys out of back-to-backs, etc. But I think players don't like getting in uniform, stretched and warmed up, and then playing a weird half-game.
You’re right..I was only half serious anyways. I think holding players out of back to backs is a good idea. So is trying to limit in game minutes. Pulling the starters a little early would still be a consideration for me. Let the bench stay out there with a 12 point lead in the 4th…now maybe you go back to them if it drops to 6, but I’d give them more wiggle room. The outcome of the game isn’t that important and those bench guys will get valuable experience. Maybe have Mikal, Cam^2, or Ayton out there and let them press a little on being a focal point in a tight game down the stretch. Good experience for them.