Suns News: Week 23 (3/21 to 3/27)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns News: Week 23 (3/21 to 3/27)

Post by Split T »

Click the link and see who’s 1st at both of these stats

Also look at the top 10 on the first one :shock:

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Well here are the numbers to the million dollar question everyone had when CP3 injury was revealed

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t really care because there is just so much good suns content out there if you know where to look, but it’s been funny how quiet everyone is on the suns right now.

Every national podcast I listen to has almost completely stopped talking about them. I get it that there’s no intrigue as we’ve had the 1 seed locked up forever, but it really does feel like a lot of people have just stopped watching us.

I kinda hope we get the Lakers in round 1 and all the talk is about how they will upset us(there’s already a lot of that), sweep them and then go onto Dallas where talking heads will be gushing about Luka after he shreds Utah in round 1. Sweep them too…then GS is our opponent in the WCF and they’ve gotten healthy and look legit and everyone says, well this will be the team to beat the suns…nope, suns in 5. Then we get our finals rematch against the bucks and everyone says, well the run stops here, they can’t stop Giannis. Boom, suns win in 5. Then years from now everyone will talk about the juggernaut that was the 2022 suns and how they were so much better than the rest of the league and one of the greatest teams of all time…conveniently leaving out that they predicted a team 10 games under .500 to beat them in round 1.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Just win it all. Who cares what everyone else says.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Hell of a point here by David

How many times would we say Book n DA a lil off on their reads/passes

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:13 am

Click the link and see who’s 1st at both of these stats

Also look at the top 10 on the first one :shock:
I am blown away by how good this team is. Maybe I am just bitter about last year, but I just won't let myself realize how great they are until I see them hoist a trophy (that isn't just a wcf one).

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

My own fandom opinion, I think the Suns are going to bulldoze teams in the playoffs this year. I see no team really stopping us. Once cam and cp come back the NBA is fucked.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I hope you are right and everyone stays healthy.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Suns' career leading scorers, as of last night.

Booker should move into #6 in the next game or two.
Given good health and good fortune, he could trail only Walter Davis and Alvan Adams by the end of next season ...

1. Walter Davis 15666
2. Alvan Adams 13910
3. Kevin Johnson 12747
4. Shawn Marion 12134
5. Dick Van Arsdale 12060
6. Amar'e Stoudemire 11035
7. Devin Booker 11005
8. Steve Nash 10712
9. Paul Westphal 9564
10. Larry Nance 8430
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:34 pm
I don’t really care because there is just so much good suns content out there if you know where to look, but it’s been funny how quiet everyone is on the suns right now.

Every national podcast I listen to has almost completely stopped talking about them. I get it that there’s no intrigue as we’ve had the 1 seed locked up forever, but it really does feel like a lot of people have just stopped watching us.
In an ironic twist of fate, the Suns really have become the 2000's San Antonio Spurs. All that's left is to secure the Larry-O.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

After I type that I see real ones with the ringer has a spot on the suns…but I look closer and it’s about Sarver…so yep, my comment still stands haha

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

iLLmatic wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:32 pm
My own fandom opinion, I think the Suns are going to bulldoze teams in the playoffs this year. I see no team really stopping us. Once cam and cp come back the NBA is fucked.
There are a few teams that I think could give us a bit of a stretch. In the West, if the Clips got PG and Kawhi back by some miracle, I think they'd be scary (but I don't think they will). I think we'd beat the Grizz, but they would run us ragged and be pretty scary. And the Warriors, I suspect we'd win that series but I am always afraid to tangle with Curry and their crazy shooting. I think we would beat any of these teams in a series, but those are the teams that I worry about the most.

In the East, I do think the Bucks would be a formidable opponent if we rematched them in the Finals. We have a really hard time stopping all 3 of their best guys: Giannis, Middleton, and Holiday. They just match up well with us. We're better than last year, so I think we can do it, but I think they're the scariest. I also worry about the Nets if they somehow got out of the East, because Kevin Durant is just insane and sometimes he just decides to take and make every shot and there's not much you can do. I don't think Brooklyn will get out of the East, but they would scare me a little. Other than that I'm not too worried about any of the others. Miami? Nah. Boston? Please. Chicago? Cleveland? Nobody else seems very intimidating to these Suns to me.

My dream scenario is something along the lines of:

1st round vs Lakers or Pelicans - probably a sweep
2nd round vs Dallas - would rather face them than Utah. Easy victory, maybe 4-1 series
WCF vs Memphis - would rather face them than Golden State due to youth and playoff inexperience. Would play us tough but get dispatched 4-2 or 4-1.
Finals vs Miami or Boston - somehow Milwaukee and Brooklyn get toppled in previous rounds, leaving a Finals opponent we can match up with and dominate.

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Luv that Booker FGA stat
Simple thing but shows that growth

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:06 pm
Split T wrote:

In an ironic twist of fate, the Suns really have become the 2000's San Antonio Spurs. All that's left is to secure the Larry-O.
For multiple years. Yeah, I'm greedy.
"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:28 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:32 pm
There are a few teams that I think could give us a bit of a stretch. In the West, if the Clips got PG and Kawhi back by some miracle, I think they'd be scary (but I don't think they will). I think we'd beat the Grizz, but they would run us ragged and be pretty scary. And the Warriors, I suspect we'd win that series but I am always afraid to tangle with Curry and their crazy shooting. I think we would beat any of these teams in a series, but those are the teams that I worry about the most.

In the East, I do think the Bucks would be a formidable opponent if we rematched them in the Finals. We have a really hard time stopping all 3 of their best guys: Giannis, Middleton, and Holiday. They just match up well with us. We're better than last year, so I think we can do it, but I think they're the scariest. I also worry about the Nets if they somehow got out of the East, because Kevin Durant is just insane and sometimes he just decides to take and make every shot and there's not much you can do. I don't think Brooklyn will get out of the East, but they would scare me a little. Other than that I'm not too worried about any of the others. Miami? Nah. Boston? Please. Chicago? Cleveland? Nobody else seems very intimidating to these Suns to me.

My dream scenario is something along the lines of:

1st round vs Lakers or Pelicans - probably a sweep
2nd round vs Dallas - would rather face them than Utah. Easy victory, maybe 4-1 series
WCF vs Memphis - would rather face them than Golden State due to youth and playoff inexperience. Would play us tough but get dispatched 4-2 or 4-1.
Finals vs Miami or Boston - somehow Milwaukee and Brooklyn get toppled in previous rounds, leaving a Finals opponent we can match up with and dominate.
None of these teams concern me. Clipps getting Kawhi back wouldn't concern me. The man's been out for over a year, basketball is not the type of sport you drop right into and have no rust. It would take him a few months to knock the rust off.

I'm not worried about Golden State either but I want to draw them into the playoffs so the pundits can shut their effing mouth when we win it all this year. I don't think Memphis has the experience to hang with us and Morant is injured at the moment.

We demolished the Bucks at home this year when our team had CP3. We have the size to play with Giannis in a 7 game series.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Sidenote..I saw Sosa5000 posting in the /r/nba subreddit last night. It's insane to think this site has been around for 8 years already.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Split T wrote:

I kinda hope we get the Lakers in round 1 and all the talk is about how they will upset us(there’s already a lot of that), sweep them and then go onto Dallas where talking heads will be gushing about Luka after he shreds Utah in round 1. Sweep them too…then GS is our opponent in the WCF and they’ve gotten healthy and look legit and everyone says, well this will be the team to beat the suns…nope, suns in 5. Then we get our finals rematch against the bucks and everyone says, well the run stops here, they can’t stop Giannis. Boom, suns win in 5. Then years from now everyone will talk about the juggernaut that was the 2022 suns and how they were so much better than the rest of the league and one of the greatest teams of all time…conveniently leaving out that they predicted a team 10 games under .500 to beat them in round 1.
Hopefully, we don’t get cocky on early success, like the last year. Get it, nobody predicted, not even the team (they started with the “why not us” motto) but still, if we were serious about, and specially, if we are serious about it, THIS YEAR, we can’t open our mouth T-Pups style at halftime yesterday.

I’m sure the team started to float on the “Suns in fo” non sense after the Denver series, and specially after getting that 2-0 advantage, the front office putting an statement about “no celebrations at the airport back from Milwaukee please” etc., and all of the sudden, they were returning tied and with the momentum completely on the Bucks favor. Really immature stuff looking back.

We still have to overcome some random injury, a Curry-God series (or Luka, or Giannis), and as we have seen recently, a couple of 5 vs 8 games before any celebration. Last couple games we were vastly superior to overcame the referees, but the Bucks and specially Giannis, getting Golden child treatment killed us.

Why aren’t we the ones getting that whistle favor? Totally puzzled by it, but Monty needs to take it into account and prepare the team.

“Suns in fo” was the worst distractor on a playoffs run full of them (Cp3’s arm, Booker’s nose…) and we ended up looking like the T-Wolves yesterday.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ehh I don’t think what we do as fans impacts the players mindset.