Around the League: Week 24 (3/28 - 4/3)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Around the League: Week 24 (3/28 - 4/3)

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:47 am
And AD is out here saying they could have won a championship if they’d just been healthy
This take a LOT for me to say this, but I think Paul George is a better basketball player than AD.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:26 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:47 am
And AD is out here saying they could have won a championship if they’d just been healthy
This take a LOT for me to say this, but I think Paul George is a better basketball player than AD.
It's hard for me with always-injured guys. I think Paul George is really nasty and one of the top few guys in the league I most would not want to play against. His Clips were a skeleton crew last year but they almost took us out. I was legitimately worried about them. But the guy always seems to have these setbacks and injuries. I think at their peak I'm maybe more scared of AD since it's hard to stop a dominant big like him. But AD is rarely at his peak, and PG was way scarier to us last year in the playoffs than AD was.

One other major differentiator is that PG always seems to be in shape, whereas AD seems a bit puffy and slow to me in recent years. I don't know if it's a conditioning thing or whether AD was given advice about "bulking up" to be able to bang better, but AD looks way too bulky and slow to be at his most effective, whereas PG always seems to be in good game shape IMO.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:41 am
lakerssuck
The don't just suck. They sssssssssuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:58 am
Indy wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:41 am
lakerssuck
The don't just suck. They sssssssssuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!
That team sure did suck last night. They were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

Split T

Post by Split T »

At first I thought the trade was great for both teams, but it’s kinda turned into bad for both

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:29 am

At first I thought the trade was great for both teams, but it’s kinda turned into bad for both
How has it been bad for Philly? They have about the same record since they got Harden as before, and that is with them trying to integrate him. It might be a bad trade for them down the road, but this season it looks like they won that one. Now if they meet in the playoffs that might be a different story.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They’ve lost every big game they’ve played and Harden has not performed well. Are they in worse shape than before? No, but I think it’s more about where they could have been. They were getting nothing from Simmons, but they could have kept Curry and Drummond and traded Simmons for something that fits better than Harden. What if they just traded him for Barnes/Hield and a 1st.

Curry/Maxey/Barnes/Harris/Embiid with Hield/Green/Thybulle/Niang/Drummond

I just think that’s a deeper team and a better team.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Wow

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:28 am
They’ve lost every big game they’ve played and Harden has not performed well. Are they in worse shape than before? No, but I think it’s more about where they could have been. They were getting nothing from Simmons, but they could have kept Curry and Drummond and traded Simmons for something that fits better than Harden. What if they just traded him for Barnes/Hield and a 1st.

Curry/Maxey/Barnes/Harris/Embiid with Hield/Green/Thybulle/Niang/Drummond

I just think that’s a deeper team and a better team.
Maybe, but we don't really know what was out there.

And yeah they maybe could have gone 10-4 isntead of 8-6. But when you look at their rivals in the east (all the playoff/in teams), they have gone 3-3, while picking up good wins against west playoff teams in Dallas and the Clippers (while losing to us and Denver).

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m less concerned about the record…more about their playoff chances. When the trade happened people thought it could make Philly the east favorite…I don’t think they can get out of round 2 and might lose in round 1.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:57 am
Wow
I don't get it. We're doing this too. Oh, must be because it's Lue and the Clippers. Sometimes I forget about your guys infatuation. :P
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:35 pm
I’m less concerned about the record…more about their playoff chances. When the trade happened people thought it could make Philly the east favorite…I don’t think they can get out of round 2 and might lose in round 1.
That is fair. They certainly are not the favorite. But I honestly don't know about anyone out of the east. Is there a favorite?

Is Miami a big favorite over any of the 4 teams they might play in the 1st round? Hornets, Nets, Cavs or Atlanta? I honestly think they would be the biggest favorite over Atlanta, decent favorite against Cleveland, but the Hornets have been playing really well, and the Nets are a huge wild card.

Moving down to the Celtics, which of those 4 are they big favorites over?

Looking at the standings, I really think the most likely upsets are at the #1 and #2 seed (I really expect the Bucks to beat the Raptors, and Philly to beat Chicago).

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:53 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Wow
I don't get it. We're doing this too. Oh, must be because it's Lue and the Clippers. Sometimes I forget about your guys infatuation. :P
Nah 'Bone
Quite the opposite, I see this as they are trolling us so that's y I said Wow.
Some people really want that workout vid to be like the Drummond imitating LeBron as a point when everything went sideways
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just can't get over how sweet it is that (a) we have clinched the best record in the league with 8 games still left, and (b) the Lakers are so completely garbage that they won't even make the really-easy-to-qualify-for play-in tournament. What better regular season could one ask for?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:19 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:53 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Wow
Nah 'Bone
Quite the opposite, I see this as they are trolling us so that's y I said Wow.
Some people really want that workout vid to be like the Drummond imitating LeBron as a point when everything went sideways
Ah, OK. Gotcha.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is kind of how I feel about how the Warriors are officiated.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I have noticed that the Warriors are allowed to be very handsy and not get called for fouls. They could basically swarm Ayton and hit him from all sides without a foul being called.
"Be Legendary."