Game Day: Suns (62-14) @ Grizzlies (54-23), Fri 4/1/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day: Suns (62-14) @ Grizzlies (54-23), Fri 4/1/22

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:09 pm
TOO wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:06 pm
They've played so bad the last 2 games and they've managed to stay in the game. Just awful to watch.
Ya just really hard games to watch…honestly I’m gonna check out…game doesn’t matter and I have better things to do than get mad at the tv haha…Maybe I’ll watch later after I know we’ve won.

I’m sure we’ll still win…just need to clean up the turnovers and grab rebounds and that will pretty much do it. Best of luck to those who keep watching haha
Yeah, no way we lose…
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

LazarusLong wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:55 pm
Cam Johnson looks ... rusty. Not contributing much of anything.
I don’t think he scored a basket.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:24 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:03 pm
46-0 in serious jeopardy.
Memphis led 84-83 going into the 4th period.
So weird. I too thought I remember the Suns being up one after 3. Went and looked and sure enough 84-83 Memphis after 3. Is it possible the NBATV broadcast had the wrong score?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yep, might as well have rested everybody rather than get outhustled and embarrassed. Johnson hurt more than he helped. Ayton was a walking zombie. Grizzlies just wanted it a whole lot more until the final 5 minutes and then it was too late.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Not happy with that L.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Not the reason for the loss but Jesus I hope that ref crew doesnt get any playoff games. Holy hell did they struggle. And the NBA TV broadcast not only having several segments about the referee crew but interviewing the one refs parents during the game? Wtf was I watching?
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Glad we lost

To use Monty's opinion on this - paraphrasing "sometimes it's easier to get everyone's attention after a loss"

Like others said, the slow starts and getting killed on the offensive glass been going on for a while but we've been playing well in second halves. The wins been papering over the cracks so it's been easy to say, we lock in or we are resilient to keep coming back from double digits but it's been a bad trend of late.

I would go with the We were due a letdown game take but again that isn't totally accurate either. The awful truth is our badd play finally caught up with us, guys for sure have to address some things
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

djy2j wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:16 pm
Not the reason for the loss but Jesus I hope that ref crew doesnt get any playoff games. Holy hell did they struggle. And the NBA TV broadcast not only having several segments about the referee crew but interviewing the one refs parents during the game? Wtf was I watching?
I guess the young ref saw her opportunity and threw out the Pelican’s coach while she had the spotlight.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This was a rough loss. I watched this one on DVR and it was palpable most of the whole game how much more energy the Grizzlies had. Their fans were loud as hell, and a bunch of scrubs and bench guys came out and punched us in the face. Dillon Brooks was going nuts and strutting all over the court; 10/10 punchable face, that guy. I think the low point of the game was when that big white stiff Aldama faked his Suns defender, drove past to the basket, and did a reverse dunk to the delight of the home crowd.

I hate that we're burning out our guys playing everybody full minutes when we have the #1 seed locked up. Book and CP3 could have been resting their legs for the games that matter, but no, we're going 110% trying to get meaningless regular season win records. It has a real "haven't been there before" stink to it. I've seen several tweets comparing us to the 2014 Spurs, but those Spurs would never have gone hard in a meaningless regular season road game. Let Biyombo and Holiday win it for us, or so be it. Now the Grizz have a huge burst of confidence, knowing they can beat us at our full strength even WITHOUT their main guys playing. That may haunt us if we see them in the playoffs.

Maybe the guys learn something from the loss and give a better effort next time. But one thing that helps you give strong effort is REST, and it would be wise for us to get some of that before the second season begins.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea I'm kind of over the heavy minutes in the regular season. We're just setting ourselves up for massive criticism if we fall short of a title and especially if we don't even make the WCFs or Finals. None of our starters looked like they had any juice and CP looked old and out of shape to me. We like to brag about our depth, it's time to use it. We've proven everything we need to, Monty needs to toughen up and tell some guys to sit.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yep, the all time road record is out of the equation now…there’s really no important games left for us….we’ll certainly win 1 game to get the franchise record…I’d focus on rest at this point. Also getting Cam Johnson back in rhythm…maybe one more tune up game where we go all in…say the Jazz game when I’m in attendance haha

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I hear people talk about what the Suns should be doing and then I hear what they say they are doing. People say we should be resting the starters. The Suns say they want to get their rhythm right going into the playoffs. I don’t think the Suns care so much about criticism. Criticism is meaningless.

No doubt there was a let down last night. They tied the best record in Suns history and locked up the #1 seed. Memphis sat their starters and the Suns let down their guard and lost.

Cam played rusty because he was rusty. That’s why he definitely won’t be sitting. Ayton looked bored and disinterested. McGee always plays at 100%. Also we talked about this before. Ayton plays big when he plays against dominant centers. He plays soft against lesser centers. Memphis definitely wanted the game more than the Suns. We might see more of this in the final few games since wins don’t matter much now. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The more I think about it, the more I think that loss was good for the team. Showed them that they can't just show up and expect to win by default no matter who they're playing. I think they got a little too comfortable. Now maybe the guys who are playing won't take it for granted down the stretch.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:40 pm
The more I think about it, the more I think that loss was good for the team. Showed them that they can't just show up and expect to win by default no matter who they're playing. I think they got a little too comfortable. Now maybe the guys who are playing won't take it for granted down the stretch.
Yeah, I can see this argument. Also it seems to have influenced the team to start giving the guys some rest. In general any lessons you can learn before the playoffs begin are good things.