Game Day: Suns (62-15) @ Thunder (22-55), Sun 4/3/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day: Suns (62-15) @ Thunder (22-55), Sun 4/3/22

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:09 pm
I'm missing this one. Looks like Lundberg is getting a couple of minutes? Any takeaways?
Not much to say about Iffe…took two jumpers and missed them…though they didn’t look bad. Got an assist, but it was just a swing it around the perimeter assist

Split T

Post by Split T »

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Wow. Better to be lucky than good sometimes. OKC was either a make or a horrendous airball or brick to where they got the rebound.

Backup center shot 83% on his 3 point attempts. Unreal.

My only real concern about this one is the Suns lack of defensive effort and intensity. Hopefully they can get that right here soon
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Same thing happened in 1993. The team completely checked out at the end.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

And suddenly we’re the worst team in the NBA.

Is Holiday in the dog house? Didn’t play until the final minutes. I wish I could have all of my minutes watched back.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:32 pm
I'm sure there are nice people in OKC, but I have nothing in common with them based on their Thunder broadcast and mid-game arena entertainment.
Care to share what you saw?
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Barf.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Oh, I see. They want to break the record at home. That’s the ticket.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:11 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:32 pm
I'm sure there are nice people in OKC, but I have nothing in common with them based on their Thunder broadcast and mid-game arena entertainment.
Care to share what you saw?
Not in detail, but I'll just say that I find most military hero worship to be weird and there was a lot of it during the stoppages in this game.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

What this tells us is that the Suns are a very good team but not a historically great team, one that can keep focus during these kinds of meaningless games. Very good teams have a good shot at winning the title, but historically great teams are clear favorites.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m not sure these games say much at all…to me we’ve played really hard all year and we let up a bit in that Memphis game because we matched the perceived energy of them resting all their stars. The rest of the Memphis team showed up to play and let us have it for trying to sleepwalk through the game. Monty realized we were probably worn down a bit and decided to rest players against OKC…that kinda signaled the end of our regular season and it’s just hard to give 100% in a game that literally doesn’t matter. I’d like to see us put together 1 or 2 games before the playoffs where we give 100%, but I’m not going to be worried if we lose another one like tonight. My guess is we play hard against the Lakers, rest the next night against the Clippers, play hard against Utah(wishful thinking) and then bench everybody against Sacramento.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

To me it just seemed like they wanted to give the guys who needed to get their rhythm back the most the most shot attempts. Booker and Ayton have been hitting their shots lately. CP3 wanted to get his mojo right after the injury, Cam Johnson was on fire before the injury. They seemed like they really wanted to get him going more than anyone else and he shot bricks until the end. The Suns could have built a big house with all those bricks tonight.

One stand out guy has been Craig. When we got him back his shot was off for awhile. He’s been deadly the last many games and continues to play well.

I am not to worried about the Suns demise based on these last couple of games. Every team the Suns play has it dialed up to 11. The Suns have it dialed up to about 7 right now. Good thing or bad thing? It just is. If they come out sleeping in the playoffs I will start to worry.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Wow
Had a busy night at work and was like I can take my time getting around to the game. Not much I can say here, I was in the final of my main fantasy league ($$) and needed 3s. Wanted to make the "homer pick" but told myself that I don't feel like Cam is in rhythm yet so I didn't add him.
Well that's an understatement 😬🤐
Yikes

I still lost too anyways
What a night 😕
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is kind of sweet. NBA correspondent from Denmark is emotional after Iffe's first NBA game.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mort was a Suns hater for a long time, while the Suns struggled for yrs. He even was one of the analysts that coined, "LOLSUNS". It's cool that the Danes who play basketball can look at Iffe and say, "I can get there too.", there is a template for them.

#DaneTime
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I watched the entire atrocity just so I could get to see Lundberg make his NBA debut. It was only 4 minutes of garbage time, but I thought he looked good. He knew where to pass it(got his first NBA assist), knew where to be on offense, and knew when to shoot it(even though he missed his 3 shots). The only time he looked a little lost, was when Elfrid had the ball, but in his defense, everyone looks lost when Elfrid has the ball, because no one knows what the heck he's doing.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:22 am
I watched the entire atrocity just so I could get to see Lundberg make his NBA debut. It was only 4 minutes of garbage time, but I thought he looked good. He knew where to pass it(got his first NBA assist), knew where to be on offense, and knew when to shoot it(even though he missed his 3 shots). The only time he looked a little lost, was when Elfrid had the ball, but in his defense, everyone looks lost when Elfrid has the ball, because no one knows what the heck he's doing.
Hey, give Elfrid a break. He was probably our biggest bright spot yesterday. He was very efficient in his time out there.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:55 pm
In2ition wrote:
Hey, give Elfrid a break. He was probably our biggest bright spot yesterday. He was very efficient in his time out there.
We must have been watching a different game. He had decent stats, but he wasn't good. Of course, I'm biased and it will probably take a lot to change my mind.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:09 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:55 pm
In2ition wrote:
We must have been watching a different game. He had decent stats, but he wasn't good. Of course, I'm biased and it will probably take a lot to change my mind.
I guess so because he was very efficient in his limited minutes with no turnovers while Iffe didn't show me anything.
"Be Legendary."