Suns News: Week 25 (4/4 - 4/10)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns News: Week 25 (4/4 - 4/10)

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:06 pm
Will probably move Jae and then bring in Trevor Ariza on a vet min deal.
The Lakers thought that Ariza would have saved their season if he was healthy the whole yr. So there is that.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Lol
Wow man 🙂

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Where's the hate button when you need it?
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Indy wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:47 am
Shabazz wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:30 am

Interesting that it’s not a multi-year deal. I wonder if Ish held firm in negotiation.
I assume they both did. Book is eligible for a supermax extension and big raise if he makes All-NBA 1st team, right? And we already have Torrey, Jae and Dario on the books for next year, not to mention CamJ's extension and DA.
That’s why we need some minimum guys who could contribute. I don’t think Ish would get more than that on the open market.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ish will get a contract next year and he could only make more money by playing well in the playoffs. Think there’s a chance he gets more than the minimum. Also think there’s a chance he wants to keep his options open. Not likely there’s a huge role for Ish in Phoenix, maybe someone gives him a larger role next year.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:50 pm
Indy wrote:
Where's the hate button when you need it?
Hey, I would hate it too. But CP has talked about how Ariza is one of his guys for life.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Ariza has been stealing money for the past 4 seasons. I don’t think James Jones would agree to replace Crowders role and minutes with Ariza.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

My comment was mostly a joke (but probably a little hoping on my part that if I say it there is no way it will happen despite what CP3 has said about him), but I do think they will try and replace that 10M with basically a vet min if they plan to keep CamJ and DA.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Crowder’s contract expires after next season. Assuming Chris Paul is still on the team, they’ll be aiming to win the title so I’m going to assume they’ll hold on to Crowder as Cam Johnson’s next deal won’t start until ‘23-‘24.

Of course this assumption includes Sarver agreeing to pay the luxury tax next season, which is probably dumb on my part.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:32 pm
Crowder’s contract expires after next season. Assuming Chris Paul is still on the team, they’ll be aiming to win the title so I’m going to assume they’ll hold on to Crowder as Cam Johnson’s next deal won’t start until ‘23-‘24.

Of course this assumption includes Sarver agreeing to pay the luxury tax next season, which is probably dumb on my part.
Maybe Sarver won't be making the decisions next year... Unlikely I think, but you never know.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:32 pm

Ya I don’t think we would jettison Crowder next year…maybe we make the decision to not bring him back after he expires because of Cam.

The contracts that we’d look to move would be Shamet, Saric, and Craig. They’d add up to about 24 million next year.

Feel like we could replace those players for significantly cheaper.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Welp, who would you rather play in the first round if it were between the Clippers or TWolves (who I do think will be the teams to come out of the play in tourneys)? As much as I hate PB, I’d prefer the Wolves. I just think they’ll be the easier out. Besides, who wants to mess with Lue and his in game adjustments?! :shock:
"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:47 pm
Welp, who would you rather play in the first round if it were between the Clippers or TWolves (who I do think will be the teams to come out of the play in tourneys)? As much as I hate PB, I’d prefer the Wolves. I just think they’ll be the easier out. Besides, who wants to mess with Lue and his in game adjustments?! :shock:
Definitely Wolves for me, don’t want clippers in the first round at all

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

My gut is telling me the Clippers will lose in Minneapolis. They know they'll have one more shot at it at home on an extra day of rest. It's the first big home game in Minneapolis in 4 years when they lost a 1st round series to Houston with Chris Paul in 5 games. Also the SA/NO winner will have to travel and play the next night in LA/MIN, which is something that doesn't really happen in the NBA anymore.

Ty Lue, George, Jackson, Morris... gonna be a huge pain in the ass to send them home. My most irrational fear is that Steve Ballmer is such a weirdo that he's signed off on letting Kawhi sit out games while secretly being ready to play because all he cares about is the ring. The league's reaction to that situation would be really interesting. I just kind of want it to happen against Memphis.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Man, hate to see Kaminsky waived. He fit so well with this team.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Uncle_Gene wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:04 am
Man, hate to see Kaminsky waived. He fit so well with this team.
I think they'll try to bring him back next year. He couldn't have played in the playoffs, anyway, and it's better to have the roster spot for a guy like Ish who can see real minutes.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:47 pm
I would much, much rather see the Wolves. They are not as well coached, they're younger and have less playoff experience, and just overall their shooting and talent level is not equal to the Clips'. I want no part of the Clippers.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Putting this in an older thread
This is cool as I'm sure his sons get to watch the team prepare and engage with the guys at times

What age is 8th grade again ? :oops:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

13/14, somewhere in there.
"Be Legendary."